Ott - Mir

Guest antic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first listen (halfway through) I must say it sounds like Ott 2.0. Very nice! Still recognizable as Ott, but much tighter and less strictly dubby. A few '-steppy' influences here and there and overall very good stuff. Pleasant surprise.

well put, but still the ott-ish dub makes it recognise its him immediately.

what changed, is MOOD, i guess Ott just started making music when he feels like dancing lol, cause most of his stuff are deeply meditative/melancholic dubs, and you can feel that you need loads of positivity to do such work. however, "One day I wish to have this kind of Time" just does it like the previous albums. and i plus your Ott 2.0, he's not a person that has to prove himself cause nobody in this scene has his technical abilities, you have no idea how much i would love to connect this post with the topic artists being less psy over time, well, OTT's not on that list.

ps, i bought the release, i think the rip's came faster then the release itself, but still, i bought it, and its worth every penny.

I'm going to wait until I get the CD before listening to it as I generally don't connect with anything I download :(

I use this nifty thing called a CD burner after converting the FLACs to WAV in Foobar, then burn to disc with iTunes. You could even get one of those LightScribe burners if you want to put a fancy image on the cd... :ph34r:

Really, though. Consider it a challenge to jump one of your own mental hurdles, if you really do want to listen to it B)

I feel like I want to make fun of the idea of not being able to connect with downloaded music, the joke would suggest increasing the amount of crystals on your desk and dreamcatchers in your ceiling, but I won't. Posted Image

Ott is by FAR better when he has some speed to his tunes. Went through Blumenkraft today, and there's just no question for me.

I like this album when he gets into the faster stuff. However, the best part is that track 3 is pretty slow but it has FIRE to it which makes it great.

The vocals are done really, really well. I've got Squirrel and Biscuits down on guitar already.

In April he plays live 5 hours south of here, in Portland. Man I wanna hear this live so badly.

OttPosted Image

At first, I'd like to say hello to everybody, because I'm new to this forum. :)

So, there is no question that this album sets new frontiers in psychedelic music. The way he combines several electronic genres is mindstunning, not to mention OTT's sound mastering skills which imho, exceeds 99% of electronic artists. As for me(and I don't like dubstep at all), he made a masterpiece(again).

What puzzles me is that most of you don't credit skylon, which I found to be easily the best ambient release, maybe with CBL's Hydroponic Garden sharing the highlight spot.

Once again, fantastic album, and I hope he comes to Serbia <_< YOU KNOW OTT WE HAVE PRETTY GOOD PSYCHEDELIC SCENE HERE! :angry:

I use this nifty thing called a CD burner after converting the FLACs to WAV in Foobar, then burn to disc with iTunes. You could even get one of those LightScribe burners if you want to put a fancy image on the cd... :ph34r:

Really, though. Consider it a challenge to jump one of your own mental hurdles, if you really do want to listen to it B)

It's not that it has to be on a physical CD, there is something else to it. It's the same with movies, if I rent it from the video shop then I have a time limit on when I have to watch it, if I buy it I have to watch it because I paid money for it. If I download it it will just sit on my hard drive as I have no motivation to watch it.

With music though it is even worse, as I have so much that I have paid for, free music just doesn't get the number of listens as the music I bought. The other week I downloaded some stuff of Ektoplasm and I haven't even unzipped it yet :unsure:

In April he plays live 5 hours south of here, in Portland. Man I wanna hear this live so badly.

Phutureprimitive is in that lineup as well, and his new album is incredible (Kinetik, came out the same day as Mir, actually). The venue (The Refuge) sounds like a pretty good one, as well, I am stoked for the show. Hit me up if you are making it down.

^ Not my cup of tea. Production-wise it's very well done. However the vocals ruin it all for me,plus I find the album cheesy for the most part. Well, it seems I will never get into Ott's music, I don't remember being impressed by Blumenkraft either.

+100

I've just realized what it is about down-tempo that i completely dislike: The use of glitch!!! Its a complete buzz-kill and ruins even the best non-glitchy parts in the same tune/album. Fans who like glitch , that step stuff and dig the signature ott style will lap it up like hot sauce no doubt.

At first, I'd like to say hello to everybody, because I'm new to this forum. :)

So, there is no question that this album sets new frontiers in psychedelic music. The way he combines several electronic genres is mindstunning, not to mention OTT's sound mastering skills which imho, exceeds 99% of electronic artists. As for me(and I don't like dubstep at all), he made a masterpiece(again).

What puzzles me is that most of you don't credit skylon, which I found to be easily the best ambient release, maybe with CBL's Hydroponic Garden sharing the highlight spot.

Once again, fantastic album, and I hope he comes to Serbia <_< YOU KNOW OTT WE HAVE PRETTY GOOD PSYCHEDELIC SCENE HERE! :angry:

Hello! who is the freak in your signature ? :lol:

free music just doesn't get the number of listens as the music I bought. The other week I downloaded some stuff of Ektoplasm and I haven't even unzipped it yet :unsure:

Well give it a try and you'll hear that free music can be just as amazing as music you buy ;)

So, there is no question that this album sets new frontiers in psychedelic music.

Welcome :)

Always remember to write (IMO / In my opinion):)

I dont really agree on the "new frontiers". But at the end of the day it's all about taste.

Hello! who is the freak in your signature ? :lol:

That's Bam's uncle, the skater boy from Jackass, funny as hell :lol:

+100

I've just realized what it is about down-tempo that i completely dislike: The use of glitch!!! Its a complete buzz-kill and ruins even the best non-glitchy parts in the same tune/album. Fans who like glitch , that step stuff and dig the signature ott style will lap it up like hot sauce no doubt.

well thats weird, cause i dont like glitch as well, everything from IDM makes me vommit, too much unstructured sounds. at the same time, i dislike down-tempo, IMO it is just too much depressive and you hardly express creativity in that music, and it's true OTT used those two terms this time, but track 1 and 7 are absolutely clean and represent Ott's wonderdub. This is rhythmic chillout music, it has nothing to do with downtempo though.

well thats weird, cause i dont like glitch as well, everything from IDM makes me vommit, too much unstructured sounds. at the same time, i dislike down-tempo, IMO it is just too much depressive and you hardly express creativity in that music, and it's true OTT used those two terms this time, but track 1 and 7 are absolutely clean and represent Ott's wonderdub. This is rhythmic chillout music, it has nothing to do with downtempo though.

well anything that doesn't have a high tempo (has a low tempo) can be called downtempo , by definition :P

I've found track 4 one of the best on the album...

I think the idea of distributing the music without printing it on a CD can be a good idea.

Saves money for one thing, and is environmentally sustainable.

I don't remember Skylon at all.

I just remember Blumencraft. I don't recall it being any slower in tempo than Mir.

As I recall it was allot of reggae like rhythms.