Ott - Mir

Guest antic

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go to either the Madison or Chicago show hopefully. :) Anything else is way too far away (Chicago is a 8-9 hour drive already)

I'll be at Wakarusa, and maybe at the St. Louis show. I saw him the last time he came through St. Louis and it was totally amazing.

I am looking forward to this. Ott has made some excellent music in the past and although I didn't love Skylon as an album it did have some excellent tracks in it.

I just hope this album is not so reliant on asian vocals as it is a sound that I am not so keen on in psychill, dun etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some new material by the sounds of it. This sounds really, really good, fits with "the great side" of Ott, and should be mindboggling.

I got to see Ott Live in Austin Texas. Was a great show. This sounds almost better than blumenkraft! This is incredible. I thought skylon was kind of ho hum in comparion But it's by no means BAD music it's still OTT which is amazing always.

I did a mix using some of his tracks:

http://www.cyclotronmajesty.net/Cyclotron_Majestys_site/Podcast/Entries/2009/11/28_Rastafarian_Boom_Joom.html

Really enjoyed mixing this.

I never knew OTT was involved in Hallucinogen in Dub. That album is timeless.

BTW Dunky, your Avatar is flat out hilarious.

Discogs includes the dubious claim that Ott is his real name, but also lists Grover Smith as an alias, which sounds plausible.

So OTT isn't after Jonathan Ott? - thats what I always suspected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Ott

For the longest time I though it was O.T.T. as in over the top.

Because I said that in my head for so many year I just can't seem to think of Ott (said ot) :blink:

I always thought it was pronounced that way... at least once in awhile I get something right.

For the longest time I though it was O.T.T. as in over the top.

Because I said that in my head for so many year I just can't seem to think of Ott (said ot) :blink:

I didn't think of it as "over the top" but I did call it "oh tee tee" for the longest time, so you aren't alone there. :)

C/P from Ott facebook page:

I've decided to put the release of 'Mir' back to 15th March because time has run short and I want to make sure I'm 100% happy with it before it goes out. I've never released a record on my own before and I think I underestimated quite how much needs to be done to make it happen properly. Sorry to anyone who is disappointed.

Guest antic

For those not following respective thread on Twisted, 15th of March is release date for the downloads that will be available from ottsonic.net and other usual sites. The CD can be expected few weeks later and seeing how Ott is approaching that I wouldn't be surprised if it will actually take months, because I don't think he has the physical distribution figured out yet, e.g. I've not seen any mention of the release on arabesquedistibution.co.uk, who I think covers 75%+ of goa/psy releases. Hope it won't take so long that it's not worth it any more.

I've not seen any mention of the release on arabesquedistibution.co.uk, who I think covers 75%+ of goa/psy releases. Hope it won't take so long that it's not worth it any more.

Actually his other albums all look to have been distributed by Wirikuta, not Arabesque. Their site has no mention of Mir either.