Dj Treyu: Multiverse.

@reyu

Hi guys,

Hope you enjoy this set I've mixed. It's beatmatched(142BPM) and harmonically mixed.

Click here.

Tracklist:

LOUD: Enlightenment

DICKSTER: Dual Modification

AMD: Multiverse

DICKSTER&ZEN MECHANICS: Bathroom Incident

LUCAS&DICKSTER: Mind Cockpit

MASTER BLASTERS: Can you dig it?

AMD: Big Dipper (BURN IN NOISE remix)

LUCAS&APHID MOON: Hat Trick

LOGIC BOMB: Jack in the box

LAUGHING BUDDHA&APHIDMOON: Real Stuff

APHID MOON: Hadron

AMD: Lucky 7

CIRCUIT BREAKERS: Tumbleweed

JUMANJI: Autumnal

LUCAS: Hooked on machines

??? downloaded this track and lost the name and title, damn

AMD: Morning Glory

CHROMATONE&CHROMOSOME: Chroma Corona

CHROMATONE: Alpha Drops

Feedback would be great :)

Hi,

It's available for download too now on my soundcloud page.

thanx.

i think you have good taste in tracks, and that is the most important thing

when it comes to full on.

i also think you could take some more time for your transitions.

you have a good routine and there are no mistakes i believe.

at a party it would not bother me and maybe it would be cool,

but for home listening i want something to listen to and transitions

is were it gets interesting mostly.

it would also cut some time of the tracks.

unless a track is very interesting i try to aim at 5 mins per track maximum.

maybe at a party you would need to go even shorter, i'm not sure

as i don't spin psytrance live.

with your harmonic selection the tracks should be able to stand each other for 1 or 2 minutes.

this is just my opinion/taste of course!

i think you have good taste in tracks, and that is the most important thing

when it comes to full on.

i also think you could take some more time for your transitions.

you have a good routine and there are no mistakes i believe.

at a party it would not bother me and maybe it would be cool,

but for home listening i want something to listen to and transitions

is were it gets interesting mostly.

it would also cut some time of the tracks.

unless a track is very interesting i try to aim at 5 mins per track maximum.

maybe at a party you would need to go even shorter, i'm not sure

as i don't spin psytrance live.

with your harmonic selection the tracks should be able to stand each other for 1 or 2 minutes.

this is just my opinion/taste of course!

I respect your input/feedback cause it's it's always funded and interesting to read. You've taught me a lot already. As you said the music is the most important, I've tried to pick the best tracks and tried to mix them in the best way I can, trying to maintain the flow...this is something that always can be done better but I think I did a pretty good job at it imho.

About the length of the tracks...if a trance track is well crafted, there's no need to cut it. Personally, I hate it when a good track is being cut short when I'm dancing cause it get's me out of the trance, usually. There's one track I've cut short though, but that's for you to find out :)

edit

If you listen closely, you'll notice that most transitions take about 1-2 min or even longer.;)

Thanx PRS for listening and being honest!

Thanx to Richpa and Penzoline for showing interest!

The mix will be played on RADIO SCHIZOID today in the morning thanx to Cray3.

Mumbai (India - Maharashtra) Thursday, 20 January 2011, 10:30:00 UTC+5:30 hours IST

Brussels (Belgium) Thursday, 20 January 2011, 06:00:00 UTC+1 hour CET

Corresponding UTC (GMT) Thursday, 20 January 2011, 05:00:00

Thanx.

As always PRS is right, the transitions must get better. Bedankt voor de tip :)

I listened to this, and really enjoyed it. After a certain amount of time, the tracks were beginning to drag on a bit, but the flow and style you have chosen allows for a set that is quite longer than most full-on sets I am used to. I think the flow was successful because of the artists you have chosen, they are all very similar to each other and their styles are practically identical. The most significant aspect of this mix was the bassline, how it managed to roll along and bounce with the music without losing energy. I liked most of the tracks, and your mixing was quite good, I didn't even notice several of the transitions (likely because the tracks were all so similar). Overall a very solidly crafted full-on set, probably one of the coolest ones I've heard in a while.

I listened to this, and really enjoyed it. After a certain amount of time, the tracks were beginning to drag on a bit, but the flow and style you have chosen allows for a set that is quite longer than most full-on sets I am used to. I think the flow was successful because of the artists you have chosen, they are all very similar to each other and their styles are practically identical. The most significant aspect of this mix was the bassline, how it managed to roll along and bounce with the music without losing energy. I liked most of the tracks, and your mixing was quite good, I didn't even notice several of the transitions (likely because the tracks were all so similar). Overall a very solidly crafted full-on set, probably one of the coolest ones I've heard in a while.

Thank you very much Nick. It means a lot coming from an experienced Dj as yourself. This is really my kind of music, I want the tracks to reach their full potential. As I said before, when a track is good and interesting enough then why cut it short. I understand you think the tracks are pretty similar, but they do have their own energy and sounds, listen for instance to the basslines, they all have their distinct sounds. So I have to disagree on the fact they sound similar, though it is the same 'style'. A lot of the generic fullon, wether melodic or dark, sounds similar to me. For me, this is the perfect dancefloor music, psychedelic!!, groovy and trippy enough without the usual boring build ups, cheesy melodies or the dark ferocious basslines. But this is all IMO, of course. Thanx man!!! :)

BTW, I'm doing the mix all over again, did some minor changes on some of the transitions. Also because the mp3 is poor in quality as you might have noticed. This new version will be a lot better in quality. I will post the link as soon as it is finished!

Thanx again for the feedback and showing interest! :)

I understand you think the tracks are pretty similar, but they do have their own energy and sounds, listen for instance to the basslines, they all have their distinct sounds. So I have to disagree on the fact they sound similar, though it is the same 'style'. A lot of the generic fullon, wether melodic or dark, sounds similar to me. For me, this is the perfect dancefloor music, psychedelic!!, groovy and trippy enough without the usual boring build ups, cheesy melodies or the dark ferocious basslines.

I didn't really mean that they sounded the same, I meant that the elements of each track had similarities, causing the flow to really work. It is indeed very groovy, and the bassline goes through lots of changes in your set. The tracks are indeed unique, but the sound is crafted by a lot of similar artists, so the style isn't glaringly different across many of the tracks. I think that's a good thing, and I admire it. That's all I was trying to get at.

I didn't really mean that they sounded the same, I meant that the elements of each track had similarities, causing the flow to really work. It is indeed very groovy, and the bassline goes through lots of changes in your set. The tracks are indeed unique, but the sound is crafted by a lot of similar artists, so the style isn't glaringly different across many of the tracks. I think that's a good thing, and I admire it. That's all I was trying to get at.

Yeah, I know...just wanted to get that off my chest :unsure:

thanx man :D