Ziptnf - Time Cycle [goa trance]

ziptnf

Posted Image

First, I would like to apologize for having an enormous mix cover and raping your internet browsers. Second, I'd like to point out that I've always had a love/hate relationship with Goa. I never really found it as interesting as psytrance, maybe because at the time I was looking for stuff that was bigger and stronger than what Goa offered. Goa happens to fall into the same trap that most genres fall into (including psytrance), with a tendency to lack variety and truly interesting soundscapes. However, I found while researching the tracks for this mix that, when done properly, Goa can be the fucking business.

For this mix, I decided to choose tracks primarily from the golden age of Goa, with 3 newer tracks at the end. For most goa-heads, some of these tracks should be pretty obvious, but hopefully refreshing. The first track was approved and freely released on psynews.org as a rare white label vinyl that was unreleased and untitled, tentatively titled "Glow". Magadansky once warned me that Goa can be quite challenging to mix, and he was right. Some of these tracks can be rather slippery!

Dimension 5 - Untitled ("Glow") [unreleased: Interstellar Records 1998]

Mickey Finn - Kazzazza [Tsunami Productions 1998]

Man With No Name - Teleport [Dragonfly Records 2000]

Chi-Ad - X-Isle [Why Not Records 2000]

Pleiadians - Taygeta [Dragonfly Records 1997]

MFG - Why? [Phonokol 1998]

Color Box - Maroon [Hypnotic 1997]

Astral Projection - People Can Fly [Phonokol 1996]

Psychopod - Universal Mind [TIP Records 1997]

Cosmosis - Spores from Space [Transient 1998]

Orion - Funkadelic [symbiosis 1997]

Alienapia - Secret Symbols [space Baby Records 2008]

Rama - Illumination [sita Records 2009]

Merr0w - Citrus Circus [suntrip Records 2010]

To download, right-click + save as...

Ziptnf - Time Cycle (1:35:27) ~256kbps 174.7MB

Enjoy! :D

What's the thing with Citrus Circus? I've seen it in three different mixes this week. (One of them mine. ;) )

One possible explanation is that it's a tight track, but worldwide conspiracies are more exciting.

What's the thing with Citrus Circus? I've seen it in three different mixes this week. (One of them mine. ;) )

One possible explanation is that it's a tight track, but worldwide conspiracies are more exciting.

I'm not really sure, but when I heard it, it was totally captivating. I thought it would be a really great way to end a set on a positive note. Banging, interesting, and above all, unique. Goa needs to show more of that these days.