Talamasca - Back to Bach - Mind Control Records

GaySatanicHippie

Tracklist:

1. Back to Bach

2. Epic Transition

3. Back to the Future Remix (vs. Spacecat)

If one looks at Talamasca`s output over the years one thing immediately becomes clear: The man has never met a riff in his life that was too big, never seen a hook that was too outrageous and certainly never encountered a melody that was too over-the-top for him. From the uplifting power of "Time Simulation", to the Buttrock Goa of "Aries" and finally to the cooperation with He Who Must Not Be Named "Imaginary Friend", they are all evidence to the fact that if Talamasca were born 15 years earlier, he would have played in a hair metal band and looked something like that blond guy second on the left:

Posted Image

And now, he has managed to outdo himself and has delivered his ultimate statement in the field of hair-goa: Back to Bach!

(Warning: If you are too cool for school, go away and tell someone else how cheesy and commercial Back to Bach is and how another one of old-timers has sold out and how you are so cool that if you fart, the person behind you gets pneumonia and bla bla bla...)

If I should describe Back to Bach in a short mathematical formula it would problably look like this:

Your Grandpa`s old Bach records + 10 hits of extasy + a rolling bassline + no sense of decency and good taste whatsoever = The best hands in the air melodic piece of music I have heard in a very long time Posted Image

And why does it work? Because Talamasca actually does a great job arranging the complex melodic structure for psytrance purposes and beautifully builds the entire track towards the final explosive peak. Now, I`m certainly no expert at music theory, but the way the melody and harmonies evolve are unlike anything I have ever heard in trance music, and that is exactly why Back to Bach gets away with its ridiculous over-the-topness and never falls into the cheesy trap, at least in my ears. (Ok, I lied, it is cheesy, BUT I LIKE IT!)

The other tracks are not as good IMHO, particularly because I usually don`t listen to full-on and fast psytrance at all. However, Epic Transition certainly has its charms in an, you guessed it, epic kind of way, but the winner on here certainly is Back to Bach.

• 2 weeks later...

Why all older great artists of psy/goa now make some gayish melodic commercial shits... Are they become bored of making music? So why they continue making with no sense or wish?

When he was new artist music was better, more complexity and better ideas, quaility too. Now they just made without any of those things, just for money. So now i should make something and release for junkies and so-called new age hippies, specialy for girls that says "I listen psy trance, best music ever! Best people come there, but feelings... yeaaaah! Om Namah Shivaya, Boom Shankar, boooom Ganesh peaaaaace!". For me those ppls are uneducated and illiterate peasants of modern psy/goa scene. Thats same think like Ferrari made new car, best looking ever but can go only 100 km/h. So who will buy it? Just some cavemen or someone who have never drived or had car before and they think they have best car ever!

They are using phrases and thinks they didnt know what they are before they started listen to best music ever. They dress fluo hippie clothes, some funky things too, they are all alices in wonderland, everyone have own wonderland. Debilism of psy scene.

So Talamasca makes music for new age alices in hippielands. If you read this you will understand why you dont need nothing new from Talamasca or most new releases from legendary artists.

And now dont go against me that i dont respect him. I really dont respect him or his music like before because he dont deserve.

PS. But he deserve one hairwash, thats for sure ;)

Why all older great artists of psy/goa now make some gayish melodic commercial shits... Are they become bored of making music? So why they continue making with no sense or wish?

When he was new artist music was better, more complexity and better ideas, quaility too. Now they just made without any of those things, just for money. So now i should make something and release for junkies and so-called new age hippies, specialy for girls that says "I listen psy trance, best music ever! Best people come there, but feelings... yeaaaah! Om Namah Shivaya, Boom Shankar, boooom Ganesh peaaaaace!". For me those ppls are uneducated and illiterate peasants of modern psy/goa scene. Thats same think like Ferrari made new car, best looking ever but can go only 100 km/h. So who will buy it? Just some cavemen or someone who have never drived or had car before and they think they have best car ever!

They are using phrases and thinks they didnt know what they are before they started listen to best music ever. They dress fluo hippie clothes, some funky things too, they are all alices in wonderland, everyone have own wonderland. Debilism of psy scene.

So Talamasca makes music for new age alices in hippielands. If you read this you will understand why you dont need nothing new from Talamasca or most new releases from legendary artists.

And now dont go against me that i dont respect him. I really dont respect him or his music like before because he dont deserve.

+ 1

I'm an uneducated Alice in hippieland! :lol: And btw, just lay off the hate mongering, it just presents you as an immature teenager...

+ 1mln.

I see it all really disturbs you, and me too. When I listen to such releases like this, or Alien Jesus, recent Bamboo Forest, Total Eclipse, Koxbox, I wanna cry. :(

• 2 months later...

I've heard the track probably 6 times in the past hour. It is just unbelievable. It requires some big ones to release a track so shameless, tasteless, immense, and complex all at the same time. Only Cedric could do something like that. And in no way am I implying that he pulled it off nor got away with it. The track is as lame as its producer. Thanks, it was absolutely worth listening to. It was amusing and entertaining if heard with an open mind. Now I'm gonna go wash my ears with some descent full-on before I get the urge to listen to this abominable perversion again.

BTW, to the people complaining about older psytrance producers making crap, I suggest you look for newer artists. There's some great stuff out there. No point in crying over spilled milk or Talamasca's new release when there's Nexus Media, Nano Records, Tesseract Studios, etc.

I think my problem with this is.. since I've been listening to such wild stuff like Filteria and Alienapia, anything less to me sounds like video game music. However, in a different mood I could like this though. For the moment my brain is fried. :P

• 2 years later...