GRRRRRR!

Veracohr

This is just a rant. :angry:

I got a Visa gift card for Christmas and wanted to buy some music with it. I placed an order on Monday at Psyshop for:

Alienapia - Goapocalipsis

Blue Planet Corporation - A Blueprint for Survival

Chi-A.D. - Infinitism

Tuesday I get the email that my order was denied. I then found out I had to register the gift card with my name, address and what not to make online purchases. Makes sense. So I did that and re-placed the order.

I got another email today that the order was denied again. OK I say; fuck it. I'll just use my normal debit card for the music and use the gift card for food or whatever.

BUT NO!

I can't, because between yesterday and today Psyshop became out of stock on the BPC and Chi-A.D. albums.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, you have to be really quick with psyshop, though they do refill their stock from time to time. Try beatspace or saikosounds, you'll find them eventually.

Yeah I checked Saiko first because I prefer them but they didn't have them either.

Just ordered from Beatspace. Thanks for the suggestion! I usually forget about them and pretty much any other place other than Psyshop or Saiko because they're the only 2 I've used.

I think I used Psyshop once or twice, but mostly it's been Saiko. I think I was wary of Saiko at first because if I remember correctly, the first time I ordered from them the screen where I entered my credit card number was NOT a secure page. But I had no problem, and it's secure now at least.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. =)

I tend to lean towards Psyshop when I can, only because orders from there arrive a week earlier(Standard Surface-Mail) to my address than those from Saiko. I have no hesitation using Saiko if I "need" to. I've never had a problem with probably about 30-50 low-volume orders with Psyshop to date nor ever had any problems with Saikosounds either.

Sorry for all your troubles. But I can't help appraising your good taste ;)

"Infinitism" is a must-have, one of the best electronic music albums ever,

no matter what genre you're into.

It's a pity that Chi-ad's page has closed down, he used to sell his albums over there.

Well it's been 2 weeks since I got Beatspace's order confirmation email and still no CD's. Since ordering psy always takes a long time, I don't start getting antsy until the 2 week mark. I just sent them an email asking when it actually shipped. Since the order confirmation came December 29 (30th Italy time), maybe it's just that it was right around the new year. Maybe they were closed and it didn't actually ship until later. Still irritating.

Man I wish there were an American reseller I could buy this stuff from! I've thought about starting my own, but decided there's probably just not enough of a market here for this already small market music. Especially if I take my own city as an example; people here love their darkpsy and not much else in the psy arena.

Psyshop and shitty service? Is there another shop running under the same name?

Whatever I ordered there arrived super-fast, mailing with them has always been a pleasure as they are very friendly and I never encountered any problems. To me the problem with the denied gifts sounds more like a VISA issue than a Psyshop service issue.

Psyshop and shitty service? Is there another shop running under the same name?

Whatever I ordered there arrived super-fast, mailing with them has always been a pleasure as they are very friendly and I never encountered any problems. To me the problem with the denied gifts sounds more like a VISA issue than a Psyshop service issue.

It seems that psyshop is a bit of a hit and miss service. Either it's just fine or if something goes wrong, it's pretty damn bad.

It seems that psyshop is a bit of a hit and miss service. Either it's just fine or if something goes wrong, it's pretty damn bad.

Yeah. I've had a few great orders and one bad one from Psyshop. It only takes one bad order however.

One of the CDs I bought had two corrupted tracks and they didn't replace it. Had to contact the label (who replaced it no questions asked).

I also bought a CD directly from Phonokol and had to escalate a PayPal dispute. The CD was never sent. <_<

Online ordering can be risky. Chances are you will run into a problem eventually with some online shop or another.

One of the CDs I bought had two corrupted tracks

That sucks. My copy of Opus Iridium has a corrupted last track on CD1 (Ethereal). Damn thing froze my computer first time I tried to play it. I just decided to deal with not having that song instead of going through the hassle of trying to get it replaced. Don't remember where I bought it from.