Kagdila - yet another money grab

visine

Check it out:

POST 1:

" Those releases at Kagdila Records where illegally done & as you can see at all artists website, myspace,... they are 100% owned by Dimensional Records, and not by Kagdila

Now... i don't want my legal version linked with an illegal version as i'm the producer of those CD's & payed those artists

Hope you understand, this is a bad promotion.

If you can remove those albums from discogs would be also OK, but not have them linked is good enough, so it won't distract the people to buy the illegal version

+ also the illegal version = digipack

+ the legal version = jewelcase & remastered & new credits & ...

Please do not link Kagdila with Dimensional Records on both ways please... also checkout their website like mentioned on the CD's, nothing mentioned Kagdila

Same with the 3 CD's:

Liquid flow - presence

DJ Chakras - pure planet 4

Goasia - Dancing with the blue spirit"

POST 2:

"Indeed, i'm DJ Chakras & i added those to discogs, indeed

I was the one that managed those releases for kagdila, payed the artists, mastering artwork,...everything & shuki ( owner) never signed the contracts

The contract sayed that artists shoulded received 50% AND the me (manager) shoulded receive 250 CD's, each release.

(managed the lastest 3 & spended 8000 euro on it)

Since then, i have nothing received, even the artists didn't received their CD's, or money,....

U See?

It WAS released leggaly, but it's sold on an illegal way & it hurts the artists allot !! and also me, because i spended thousands of euro's on this release...

And there's no way to get profit on the sellings, because shuki (owner of Kagdila rec) even haven't payed for the manufacturing of the CD's.

U see the problem? Both me & artists are ripped off badly !!

So now those releases on a legal way & profit goes back to the one that managed the album and the artists ;)

That's why you'll also see my belgian adress on those old cd's.

But all those Kagdila CD's are getting out of stock everywhere now, because shuki is filling his bags with this & never payed nothing ( manufacturing, artists,....)

The only 1 that payed Goasia & Liquid Flow, was me, DJ Chakras, so the rights from Kagdila has been claimed & all is getting released on Dimensional Records now, that way profit can go to new releases & not to some person that doesn't do anything else then screwing people.

He even told me that i needed to pay for a new release and all trhearts and all, but i quitted as manager of Kagdila.

Hope u understand this shit ;)

I don't want anybody buying those from Kagdila, won't help the manager (me) from those CD's to make new CD's ;)

If you allready bought them, no worries.

Just the money that you payed, has not got to me (manager of the CD) or the artists, but to someone who hasn't the rights.

But the music is the same,

Only the sleeve, is jewelcase instead of digipack & some other diffrence.

I hope u understand that it's not usefull to link those to the Kagdila version & hope u understand it's a bad promotion & gives my label a bad name also maybe ;)

Hope you can undo these links you made

If you don't believe my story, please contact the artists.

Discogs moderators cannot know everything ;)

Same as you ;)

But you know the story behind Dimensional Records now ;)

All profit of Dimensional Records shall only go to artists, new albums, parties to promote our artists & Nothing Else ;))

The reason why they still in the stores is because Kagdila ownes thousands of dollars to distributors like Saikosounds & Arabesque Distribution from many more releases before, wich i never new. & Kagdila won't pay them, so they keep selling

But this should be fixed in a week or 2 as we gonna trade stock.

Link:

http://www.discogs.com/groups/topic/223968

Looks like another rip off by Shuki and Kagdila :(

I own (bought) one release from them and it's the debut album of SynSUN; Symphonic Adventures. And as far as I know this was not a rip-off and the artist was dealt a fair deal (shooting from my hips here but I presume I'm not mistaking here). Maybe the guy from SynSUN can confirm or smth, he's a member here, right?

http://www.discogs.com/SynSUN-Symphonic-Adventures/release/267165

Nothing new.

Kagdila has had a bad reputation for years and it's partly justified. The whole scene knows that.

On the one hand we always made good deals with Shuki, so I won't be too hard. On the other hand, Afgin never got anything out of his participation from Pure Planet 3. Reason was Arabesque held the stocks, so Kagdila coudln't even give cds to the artists. Further reason was Kagdila had debts with Arabesque and they sold PP3 on their own to pay themselves back. Yet another dirty psytrance affair behind the scenes.

Nothing new I'm telling you. You just need to take some precautions with some people in the scene. Kagdila and IT Records shop are amongst them...

I told Chakras right in the eye during Heron festival 2009, that he needed to take some precautions, that all the responsibilities from Kagdila were shifting to him besides the money. I also told him he had to pay closer attention to his budgets (parties and releases)...but he wouldn't listen. He was in another world. He put himself in a crazy bad personal financial situation because he wouldn't listen to anyone. And he wouldn't stop even when he'd seen what was going on. There are reasons for that too...

Nothing new in a world of parasitic and irresponsible people.

Whether the Dimensional CDs are legit or not, well it depends who signed what and who got the signed copies. If the agreements are with "Kagdila" and Shuki has a signed copy of them, Dimensional may be in trouble (assuming Kagdila Belgium never legally existed and Kagdila US does). If Timo Chakras kept the copies, he can agree with the artists whatever he wants behind Kagdila's back. If the contracts were between the artists and Chakras, then Kagdila may be in trouble. Chakras may be anywhere now, between being potentially able to sue Shuki and make distributors cease Kagdila's latest records...or being in a totally illegal situation despite what he believes.

Nothing new in the dirty affairs of psytrance: not enough money for suing to happen, enough for crazy stories, bad words, and a sticky bad image.

Now he's understood after everyone else, Chakras started his own label, and I respect that, but I hope he won't just jumpstart on a dispute and believe he can refund himself by selling reissues of cds all Goa fans already have. Now he needs to start over a new leaf and put something new out!

Anything new? Or just the same old "Money, Drugs and Psytrance" ?

There's a jewel case goasia?? Why did I buy a digipack again? I hate digipacks.. Also why does Goasias OWN website link you to Kagdila versions only? And there isn't a single mention of Dimensional on Liquid Flows. It seems to me the artists are well aware..

I've noticed that Kagdila alias 2nd-hand listings on discogs are almost always WAY overpriced. He had the Zirrex re-issue for about 120 Euro, among MANY others.

I think everyone has seen them because kagdila keeps spamming them back to the marketplace.. It's pretty annoying to get an email and seeing it's the old prices from months ago.

...and I'd like to add my 2 cents here: on the Discogs topic the well known pirate user Eiko (aka Articuno) melts my name into that shit.

I can assure everyone that Altar Records has nothing to do with this.

I always paid my artists by advance, paid for the press and everything is in good order.Ask to my artists!

So please, feel free to copy and paste this message into the Discogs discussion.Thanks )

I left Kagdila, I left Sunline Records because of the same story that today DJ Chakras is experiencing!

I WARNED CHAKRAS YEARS AGO!! But he wouldn't hear me and said he trusted Shu-Ki enough, even if he never dealt with him before.

Shu-Ki does this business since many years and always finishes to catch someone too naive somewhere over the internet in a far country to serve his weird plans.

So be aware.

Fortunately I'm still have access to his digital distributor account (he never changed his password).Shu-Ki directly put in his pockets more than X0,000$ (thousands of Dollars US) from 2004 to October 2010.He never paid anything back to his artists although, by an international digital distribution law, he must share 50% of the digital sale royalties with his signed artists.

I have made a screen shot of the distributor's payment page for Kagdila/Sunline royalties this morning as a proof.

This might help artists to sue Shu-Ki for their payment(s) and finishes once for all Kagdila Records egocentric activities.

Shu-Ki can't say anymore he does not and don't have money to pay Arabesque and his artists.

He lied all the way.

At least with what he earned from digital sales during all these years running Kagdila and Sunline he could pay but he wouldn't, keeping all the money for himself.

Maybe this is a religious behavior? One must know he's deeply involved into his religion and a fervent devotee.

I really can't understand why this guy get's away with this time and time again, since 2004 :huh: I feel for Dj Chakras. I've got the first 3 vol of pure planet and the Liquid Flow album. All pretty good albums. Karma is gonna catch up with this so called "religious" guy. A too big Goddamn money stealer, that's what he is.

Not the first nor the last in the music business, it's not solely a psytrance phenomena.

Releasing tracks without paying artists has been one of their trademarks for a long time now. Pure Planet 2 featured tracks from Chi-A.D., mastered from mp3 files, without any consent whatsoever from Dave's side.

Wow, I knew about that other stuff, but mastering from mp3's and releasing them like that ??

That is low......I bought the CD because of those tracks and now turns out they are fuckin' mp3's !!?

Wow, I knew about that other stuff, but mastering from mp3's and releasing them like that ??

That is low......I bought the CD because of those tracks and now turns out they are fuckin' mp3's !!?

I don't remember who did the mastering actually, maybe Omegahertz?,..try to ask him if you can but I doubt it was mp3's as I know Dave from CHI A.D. was always kind enough to send Cds containing .wav's as for proper demo tracks.

A year ago i made compilation on Shuki's request. He didnt liked it and after few months requested new but this time "serious" after Chakras left da buisness. And i started again working hard on it, but i got intel from one i want say anonymus person... when i heard all those things i scared shitless and in moment i finish everything with him. Thanks a lot to my anonymus!

I dont want risk at the first, who knows what Shuki can do now, falsify artist signature, whole contract or make some good game to screw up someone.

How am i informed, The Wonderboy made compilation and sent to Shuki, now they are waiting mastering and covers. I dont believe in those things but it would be good enough if he send CDs to artists.

And i told same story to Wonderboy but not... "Shuki understand all, Shuki is good friend and person...". For Wonderboy im really worried because he is really good man and he dont deserve that, but who lies now?

PS. Shuki isnt stupid, he is your best friend today ;)

If someone here on PsyNews have smiliar mental and moral problems like Shuki, better kill yourself :lol:

I don't remember who did the mastering actually, maybe Omegahertz?,..try to ask him if you can but I doubt it was mp3's as I know Dave from CHI A.D. was always kind enough to send Cds containing .wav's as for proper demo tracks.

Yes of course Dave is an honest guy.

The problem here is that it doesn't look like it was Dave that sent the files to Kagdila.

It was Shu-ki who gave me the idea to give away our aLIVE album for free, before Basilisk took it up for Ektoplazm. Shu-ki had the last pressed copies of the CD which he'd bought off Flying Records distribution when they went bust, and was selling them as collectors items on his website for (I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) $144. He had over 50 of them. I wrote to him and asked him if there was any chance OOOD could share in the proceeds, seeing as we'd never been paid properly for the album when it was first released, and he said no.

So after speaking to the guys in the band I encoded the album to MP3 and uploaded it to the world.

Mars:

nything new? Or just the same old "Money, Drugs and Psytrance" ?

Err, you mean ""NO money, Drugs and Psytrance"? It would sound more appropriate. :lol:

Talk about dirty business: what about producers that leave artists with no air ticket to get back home,

no money, lost in a country no one understands English and where his fans only recognize him

if only they are on the verge of a overdose? That's what you read in Isratrance...

But this Kagdila thing is getting better and better, I mean to the outsiders of psy-production backstage.

Now, we just need a girls' naked body, more drugs and junk food to start psy's version of "Trainspotting". <_<

It was Shu-ki who gave me the idea to give away our aLIVE album for free, before Basilisk took it up for Ektoplazm. Shu-ki had the last pressed copies of the CD which he'd bought off Flying Records distribution when they went bust, and was selling them as collectors items on his website for (I think, someone please correct me if I'm wrong) $144. He had over 50 of them. I wrote to him and asked him if there was any chance OOOD could share in the proceeds, seeing as we'd never been paid properly for the album when it was first released, and he said no.

So after speaking to the guys in the band I encoded the album to MP3 and uploaded it to the world.

Fuck me, that is epic! Much respect. B)

On the one hand we always made good deals with Shuki, so I won't be too hard. On the other hand, Afgin never got anything out of his participation from Pure Planet 3. Reason was Arabesque held the stocks, so Kagdila coudln't even give cds to the artists.

Aerosis didn't either, I would think its rare to find someone imbursed by kagdilla, just because of what their release model is...bulk and for profit, gaining one due to brute volume of releases. But whats interesting to me is having learned how little this actually is. If you owned a label like this you could barely scratch out rent for a year. I mean twisted is the top but they aren't doing well financially either...though this might have something to do with spending 40k on parties whenever possible ;) (bless them)

My impression of shuki is that he is responsive and you can get in contact with him if you want to, but he is distant. He lives in the same city as I but in 4 years I've never seen him in the scene. I think his motivation for releases is another, i figure this from the quantity and style of music being released... it is a business model. At the same time, he loves oldschool and finds good music to release. I won't throw out any names but I know a fellow or two who do spun records. They move what sells and print as much as they can, grabbing sales just from sheer volume. This turns into a meager profit, maybe 15-30k a year. It supports the label and maybe gas money for their artists. Aside from these examples, we have all heard a lot of cheesy trance out there which has not changed since 2003...I would imagine its the same game there.

Confusing stuff, this label world. The next mark zuckerberg out there needs to figure out a perfect model to distribute music better in this digital age. Its not bad but every morning when I wake up I wish I could just sit 10 hours in the studio rather than have to work all day to pay rent. ;) I think at the end of the day, thats what the labels are thinking too.

You know what's the funny thing about this story?

I always believed that Kadgila is a friendly label. I don't know why exactly. I just never thought it could be a money grab label.

Same here, I thought they were quite honest and friendly.

It's sad to hear that they apparently aren't.

Nevertheless, thanks for sharing the stories and informing people...

Confusing stuff, this label world. The next mark zuckerberg out there needs to figure out a perfect model to distribute music better in this digital age. Its not bad but every morning when I wake up I wish I could just sit 10 hours in the studio rather than have to work all day to pay rent. ;) I think at the end of the day, thats what the labels are thinking too.

maybe it could begin here?

any ideas?

Pardon my question, but did he have to share his profits with OOOD in this case?

Other than that, its sad to see that people still believe thieves and dont sign any contract and are unable to sue wankers who rip them off.

Edit: Just to make myself clear - people who rip others off are wankers.

Reason was Arabesque held the stocks, so Kagdila coudln't even give cds to the artists

What? Arabesque will send cds to whoever you tell them - but they charge the shipping on you.

It's wrong to blame them I think. Maybe Shuki just didn't want the shipping (which is quite expensive) to be on him.

I had a few releases on Kagdila back in 2005, and it took a lot of nagging Shuki until he finally payed me, but eventually he did. Maybe the fact that I was an Isratrance team member back then helped, I don't know.

Pardon my question, but did he have to share his profits with OOOD in this case?

Legally, he had no reason to, as the stock was sold off to recoup the losses of the original company, and artists like us, who had licensed to Flying their copyrights that went into making that stock, were so far down the food-chain of creditors that we were never legally 'entitled' to anything from the fire-sale. However given that the rights to the music reverted to us on the demise of Flying and Cabbaged, and Shuki's subsequent selling of our work to the public in such numbers and at such prices, I feel that asking if he'd be willing to share in the proceeds was justified.