Osaka Mafia

survey1

Posted Image

Here we have the long awaited compilation made by Djs Sniper and Provoke, and by the tracklist seema a good one, with name like Orca, A-Mush, Alienn and Toxic to name a few.

It sound promising so lets take a brief passage throught the tracks:

01.A-Mush vs Alienn - Demon Laboratory

I love these two portuguese acts, so i was expectong something very good.

It starts well, with some good leads and uplifts and at 01:56 it real takes off! Great combination from these two as i expected, the track is always evolving to something even more powerfull, always growing, and the end... No words, great track ;) Maybe the best of the album.

9.5/10

02.Khopat - Kill The Robot

Another portuguese act, and it's great since i'm portuguese. It starts calm, like any other Khopat track, nothing special. Then the bounce starts and the track gets very catchy. It's a tippical Khopat, and that's a good thing, because he usually delivers goof stuff ;)

9/10

03.Orca - Demolition

Now we have Mr. Orca, and oh man! How i love his tracks!!

And this one is no exception, great melody at 04:00!! And 05:45!! my god!! Orca never disapoints me ;)

9/10

04.B55-Rojam

Don't know this act very well, so i listened to it carefully, and it's not a bad track, but it lacks diversity. Not the best one, but not bad.

7/10

05.d.N.i vs Ctrl Alt Del-Fritando

d.N.i album was a good album and Ctrl Alt Del released some good tunes lately so i was expecting a good track but it's only average, not much power in it and has some strange melodies.

7/10

06.Alienn-War of The Synths

Ok! Now we are talking!! Alienn, my friend, made a bomb! And in pair with his one with A-Mush are the two best tracks of the compilation without a doubt! Great composition, great melodies, bass, everything!

9.5/10

07.Lets see what Toxic has to offer. Not a bad one, indeed is really good, lots of driving and good pace, so you can bet on quality in this one.

8/10

08.Dapanji-Super Maskitos

Wow! Great bass on this one, good start, then only in the end we see the all the fun because in the middle nothing special happens.

7.5/10

09.Toxic - Osaka Mafia

At last we have the track that names the compilation, and it starts with a spooky melody, it promises ;)

It's in line lin of his previous track with good pace and arrangments.But the guitar.. dont know, dont like..

7.5/10

Overall this is a solid compilation for the night full-on lovers being my favourites 1, 3 and 6.

Go buy it and you won't regret ;)

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Oh, boy...survey1 ain't gonna like this....

Posted Image

Artist: Various

Title: Osaka Mafia

Label: Joker Records

Date: December, 2010

1 Demon Laboratory / Alienn vs. A-Mush

2 Kill the robot / Khopat

3 Demolition / Orca

4 Rojam / B-55

5 Fritando / D.N.I (feat. Ctrl+Alt+Del)

6 War of the synths / Alienn

7 Disoder rmx / Toxic

8 Super moskitos / Dapanji

9 Osaka Mafia (Cocorozasi) / Toxic

Like most of you out there I have been fooled on occasion. One thing I have come to understand in my almost 40 years of existence is if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. The first album I reviewed for 2011 was the uber disappointing Turn On, Tune In, Burn Out which had an outstanding tracklist. I see it and wonder how can you possibly f*ck this up?

Posted Image

Well believe it or not they did. So what am I supposed to think when I see the first release from Joker Records? Who? Brand new label that manages to put together a compilation with the likes of Alienn, Orca, and Khophat just to name a few. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice...go f*ck yourself.

Posted Image

Demon Laboratory- Alienn's album Cosmic Disorder was one of my favorite twilight releases that was brimming with awesomeness. I don't know A-mush from a hole in the wall, no offense to the hole. They get together here for a blistering night time romp (sounds a little gay) with a scrambling bass line and synth insanity. Sure there are little buildups peppered throughout, but it's done rhythmically and fits together well. Very powerful and a danceable monster.

Kill The Robot- Vasco Pedrosa from Portugal has made the rounds on plenty of compilations and artist albums with fairly good results. This track has bounce with acidic leads and a filthyness to it. The break allows things to build and then it just keeps hammering away. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Demolition- Israeli Alon Lifer's debut Fist of Fury was an eye opener for sure back in 2008. Big beats, raging bass, and leads that fire from all angles. Funky bitch has me doing this:

%20http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcesk6yjce1qd5h3u.gif

The lead is shrill but he manipulates it so well, that it sounds like he is using a turntable to make it. Very good track!

Rojam- I will say this, they got more nations represented here than an old Benneton commercial. These guys are from Japan and their best tracks have been on the Yabai compilations. High energy stuff, man. This is a rumbler with an acid style lead snaking its way through the track. Not bad, but it didn't lead anywhere and just plodded along. No interesting break or change in melody...it just...went. They have done better than this.

Fritando- D.N.I. is the head of Ultravision Records and released his debut Dancefloor Medication this year. It was a disappointment for me, but let's see what he comes up with here. Hmmm...more of the same it seems. There wasn't any energy or depth here. It felt empty like he was just going through the motions.

Posted Image

Dude, this chick wants to get crazy, but you have to bring it.

War of the Synths- Alienn is back with a solo effort that rules and I think is the best one here. Lasers, intense dance-ability, and acid all over the place. The short breaks are nice and add a level of atmosphere rather than just going all out. His transitions are great also and I didn't even mind his short buildups.

Posted Image

Check out that hair...it is in full motion.

Disorder Rmx- Alon Atias & Avi Aboresi seem like they have been in this game for a long time. They use a lead that is metallic in nature and isn't very pleasing to my ears. It drones on amid kick drum and hi-hat hits. The break reorganizes things for a bit, but here comes that lead again amidst a rather lengthy buildup. But wait! There's more...another couple of buildups to nothing. Where's the crescendo or climax? Skip this turd, and this isn't representative of what the duo are capable. Check out Android on the Moon from the High Technology Minds compilation.

Super Maskitos- Have you ever heard the very beginning of a track and knew you weren't going to like it? Yeah, me too. This is one of those. Chopped up samples, buildups, annoying vocals...just the most cheesy and putrifying direction psytrance could take. Still not clear enough?

Posted Image

It really is excruciating to listen to. Standard rule...if you have to say Domination or something like "turn this motherf*cker down" then your track sucks balls.

Osaka Mafia (Cocorozasi)- And just when you think it couldn't get any worse

Posted Image

Stops and starts, cornball samples, guitar rendition of a classical song. I mean what the f*ck happened? It comes off sounding like Inspector Gadget, really terrible. You know who likes this? These guys...

%20http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2009/11/douchebags_2.jpg

It's just like the worst Jersey Shore nightmare you could imagine.

Wow, the wheels fell off of that truck really fast. The first half was pretty good, but for some insane reason they decided to finish the compilation with three of the worst tracks I have ever heard. When you listen to a CD and the final part of it is crap, that is what you are mainly going to remember. The standouts are Alienn and Orca tracks without question. The rest is ok and the final three are part of an incendiary sh*tshow that was my misfortune to hear. Buy it? F*ck no, not unless you like throwing money away.

Psyshop

Saikosounds

Beatport

Mdk

Again hilarious review, I still visit the other review you did, turn on, tune in , burn out just to have a laugh :D

Alienn's Cosmic matter is indeed pretty good!

I have to say this:

we should be paying you for your reviews (trance2moveU).

Really, really good stuff and a very distinct funny style. I love it.

About the VA, I have to agree with you. The last tracks are bad (imho).

Cheers

I have to say this:

we should be paying you for your reviews (trance2moveU).

Really, really good stuff and a very distinct funny style. I love it.

About the VA, I have to agree with you. The last tracks are bad (imho).

Cheers

Thank you very much for the incredible compliment! I enjoy making them and hopefully you will continue to enjoy reading them. They take some time to do, but it's worth it.

Mdk