Psychedlic trance family tree

Veracohr

:lol: "Killargh!!" ? rs. What's this sub-genre? I thought it was only brainless comments you read in Isratrance.

If you don't mind a correction: House came from Detroit Techno, one can read it in specific sites dedicated to House (not the house we hear today, but the real thing, Acid House).

And you missed an important trance sub-genre: the so-called Dreams, which had Robert Miles' "Children" as its apex.

Anyway, nice chart, it's good to see that EDM is so rich.

:lol: Genialt! .. A question though to your uber hypodermical correct and educational weeded out chart for shroomers on acid. Didn't Psychedelic Trance come before trance? I'm not sure but I do know that Goatrance was ,,invented" or ,,discovered" before Euro-Trance (Isreali Full-On is the same same as Euro-trance, only more fancy). - Hm, this would be nice to know actually, what sort of trance induced 4/4 beat oriented music came first and what spawned what genre within trance.

GoaTrance

DreamTrance

EuroTrance

IsraTrance Aka. Full-On Trance (Not including the UK based FullOn which uses the term 'FullOn' in another way then what the Isreali Full-on connects to)

Anyone care to shed some lights on this Trancequation?

Didn't Psychedelic Trance come before trance? I'm not sure but I do know that Goatrance was ,,invented" or ,,discovered" before Euro-Trance (Isreali Full-On is the same same as Euro-trance, only more fancy). - Hm, this would be nice to know actually, what sort of trance induced 4/4 beat oriented music came first and what spawned what genre within trance.

I think it was just called trance?! late 80's early 90's?

Im not old enough to have been raving about back then... sorry :P

Very nice!

And yes trance came first I am sure of it.

I'm curious, what would be the first real trance track. I know New Beat and Acid had a major influence on (Goa)trance, besides techno. Could it be the KLF. I'm gonna have a look on wikipedia for this.

Nice take on what Richpa did, Veracohr.

What's this? I don't know what you're referring to.

I think it was Richpa, he made a scheme like yours about the history of psytrance. It's been a while, so i'm not sure where to find it, maybe it's at his Neogoa site now.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew about it.

It's funny anyway. :D

edit: Went to wikipedia and it said Age of love is considered by some as the first Trance track.

You've probably all read it but I'm gonna post the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trance_music

BTW, no words about the KLF, strange.

Age of Love I knew but didn't the dirty hippies make trance tunes before this tune in Goa with DAT tapes n'shit. You know, cut and paste to make own beats that would become trance. Age of Love is more the first commercial or smth trance track to be released. I'm still sure that KLF and Depech Mode (for instance) was made into become the first ,,trance" tracks. And if you want the first rythmic track which reminds of trance, I believe this is one of the very first ones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_AqSbgKKS8

I think it was first released in 1977. I mean, just listen to that rolling bass line, that psychedelic cOre vibe. I mea, if I wouldn't haveknown better I would think this trance was developed by acid frantics in some deep basement in mottaRussia.

I think it was Richpa, he made a scheme like yours about the history of psytrance. It's been a while, so i'm not sure where to find it, maybe it's at his Neogoa site now.

I'm sorry, I thought you knew about it.

It's funny anyway. :D

edit: Went to wikipedia and it said Age of love is considered by some as the first Trance track.

You've probably all read it but I'm gonna post the link: http://en.wikipedia....ki/Trance_music

BTW, no words about the KLF, strange.

You might be referring to and thinking of this thread and trance tree by Anoebis that's posted below.

Posted Image

It's the Jam & Spoon mix, not the original, that is considered the first trance track IIRC. However KLF's What Time is Love sounds more like Goa trance than Age of Love, and that came out two years earlier.

It's the Jam & Spoon mix, not the original, that is considered the first trance track IIRC. However KLF's What Time is Love sounds more like Goa trance than Age of Love, and that came out two years earlier.

Yeah, I know, I went to youtube and got me some more info there.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9pH9C7Oew

I find it strange the KLF isn't mentioned anywhere as a part of the originators of trance.

You might be referring to and thinking of this thread and trance tree by Anoebis that's posted below.

Posted Image

Yep, thank you John.

From whatever I know, KLF - What Time is Love? came first in '88. And then A.B.Kazes - Out of Space Trance in '89 though Discogs says '96 but I thought it was '89, dunno. Dance 2 Trance - We Came in Peace was '90, Trilithon - Trance Dance was '91, and The Overlords - Sundown (Ionizer Mix) was '92. (I hope I got all those dates right...) Age of Love was '90 but I don't find it all that trance-ey to be honest.