Astral Projection vs MFG

Ormion

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which group is better?

Guest nectarios

Just out of curiosity... but which tracks are you referring too? Are you sure you're not mixing up names here?!

I am not mixing up names. I never bought any of their records but I have heard them numerous times in Athens Greece in the '90s when I was forced to listen to their music, when promoters included them in the line up of a party I wanted to go to/my friends went, and back then I was young and begging for trance parties and was going out every week.

I admit I over exxagerated using the single handedly term, but if I know their old tunes and I also went through the nitzhonot era in Athens that lasted for a couple of years. The all chewed up and ready to digest melodies of the israeli cheese factory were abundant in the Nitzhonot artists as well, Herouvim, Cyan, Holy Men. I never liked their tunes either but I have heard an awful lot of that music at parties back then.

Since you know MFG's tunes and if you have heard the Nitzhonot stuff, and still can't see the obvious influence to the point of copy/paste style of leads/melodies (the the overall production did differ) than there is no point in discussing this any more.

I do not like this music, but I am not talking bollocks for the sake of an argument.

I know (some of) you people, love this stuff and its fair enough. I do not like this music, and stating my reasons why.

I never liked IM as well, the old stuff too (obviously not the new stuff). Exfept Cosma, I never liked anything that came from Israel.

I grew up listening to UK, German, Danish artists, generally the european side of psy-trance.

Peace out.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only one AP tune I kinda like, Analogue Voyager.

MFG made the kinda trance I massively disliked. It was THE silliest over the top, cheesy melodies. They single-handedly started Nitzhonot, which was THE worst subgenre I heard since 1994.

Huh? :huh:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NXWI-vtmfs

Anyways, I gave my vote to Astral Projection, because i really enjoyed some of their classics from Trust In Trance, Dancing Galaxy and Another World (which is my favorite AP record so far). In my humble opinion, best stuff from early Israeli psy/goa trance is Pigs In Space album, what a ride was that.

Actually nectarios is correct. MFG was the beginning of the horrible Nitzhonot wave ruining the Greek party scene in the late 90's (I was traveling around Greece playing as a DJ all 1997 and experienced the sad change). But I guess it does not matter to people here. MGF is God here and the truth does not matter ;)

PS! The subtitiel to the new awaken forum should be "No entrance for people disliking Neo-Goa and Nitzhonot"

Actually nectarios is correct. MFG was the beginning of the horrible Nitzhonot wave ruining the Greek party scene in the late 90's (I was traveling around Greece playing as a DJ all 1997 and experienced the sad change). But I guess it does not matter to people here. MGF is God here and the truth does not matter ;)

PS! The subtitiel to the new awaken forum should be "No entrance for people disliking Neo-Goa and Nitzhonot"

MGF is god here? The hell is MGF? My Girl Farts?

And what "new awaken forum" are you referring to?

And hope you don't mind me asking but do you actually have solid proof it was MFG that started nitzhonot? afaik MFG has hardly anything to do with Nitzho. Only the prophecy has some stronger israeli melodies but it's nothing, and I mean nothing, compared to real nitzho.

God you sound so fucking jaded every time you make a new post. Negativity only. The only reason you are having bad experiences when posting here, or anywhere else for that matter, is your own damn attitude.

MFG have nothing to do nitzhonot. N-O-T-H-I-N-G

And they're not responsible at all for starting the nitzhonot wave in greece.

Actually if there is a track that put people in the nitzhonot wagon is Trancelestial Psychobabas. (And I'm not saying that this track is nitzhonot).

I can see why people claim that Astral were putting cheese fests for years but to say that MFG are Nitzhonot or that it's sub par psychedelia? Jesus Christ you people are really hard to satisfy some times. No big MFG fan here but their first album was the shit back day. Very intricate and zero bullshit music. Yea, so maybe it didn't aged well but people went bat shit on their tracks back there. Yea, in Goa too.

As usual someone twist what I say. I never said MGF was Nitzhonot. I said their style of over the top melodies showed the way to Israeli Nitzhonot producers who was very inspired by MFG.

I really dont care if my track "Trancelestial Psychobabas" inspired some Nitzhonot producers (I know one who stole the melody without my permission). And it was not my point. My point was to support nectarios statement that MFG was a huge source of inspiration to the early Nitzhonot producers coming out of Israel into the Greek scene.

Come on guys, open your minds. Every other track DID influence Nitzho, I see my beloved Chi-ad pattern in almost all Nitzho tracks. So, MFG. And Astral too.

And if Elysium was there, then he knows something. You guys were there too? I am afraid not. I can't say anything, I was not there. I only know that I do recognize some known Goa patterns in Nitzho tracks.

Posted Image

Guest nectarios

Problem is this.

Read my last post. I did say I exaggerated using the single handedly term. So what's your problem again?...besides not being able to understand that different people, like different music than you?

Read my last post. I did say I exaggerated using the single handedly term. So what's your problem again?...besides not being able to understand that different people, like different music than you?

I'm sorry I skipped that one. I've never said/implied that I wouldn't understand other people's dislike to music I like. I just found your claim so hyperbolic and over the top, that I don't think you can respond otherwise.

Guest nectarios

I'm sorry I skipped that one. I've never implied that I wouldn't understand other people's dislike to music I like. I just found your claim so hyperbolic and over the top, that I don't think you can respond otherwise.

I got into trance in 1994 and fell in love with it from day one. I witnessed the passing of trends/genres/styles, first hand. I heard people mixing up MFG and Holymen in the same set. Now you could say one is a bad DJ for doing so, and that is fair enough, but the style of them in your face, analog style, high octave melodies, one after the other playing the cheesiest of sequences, was so obvious in both styles, and later on the Nitzhonot artists were copying MFG's style, that I can easily say that anyone who thinks different is clueless about trance music.

You don't see me saying you have a problem though, I said its fair enough that you like this kinda music.

Must also admit...no other forum is as fun, winding up, as this die-hard goa forum :D

and later on the Nitzhonot artists were copying MFG's style, that I can easily say that anyone who thinks different is clueless about trance music.

Mate most here (except a few oldies) got no clue whatsoever. Yes they maybe know some of the more commercial music from the old days. But as said they got no clue whatsoever regarding what went down. But if you ask them they are experts and MFG is God. Oh yeah one of the MFG guys actually do speak to God - I've been told :)

Since you know MFG's tunes and if you have heard the Nitzhonot stuff, and still can't see the obvious influence to the point of copy/paste style of leads/melodies (the the overall production did differ) than there is no point in discussing this any more.

Well with that kind of arrogance, there is no point is having any discussion at any time point! I mean what's the point?