Frost-Raven - Deep in Blue

djnfinity

Posted Image

Tracklist:

1. Frost-RAVEN - Glass Caves (1:36)

2. Frost-RAVEN - Infected Trench (2:39)

3. Frost-RAVEN - Ka'Thas (2:32)

4. Frost-RAVEN - Lost Caverns (2:20)

5. Frost-RAVEN - Mission Complete (2:35)

6. Frost-RAVEN - Ne'nemis (4:00)

7. Frost-RAVEN - Nebula (3:18)

8. Frost-RAVEN - The Big Nothing (4:04)

9. Frost-RAVEN - The Murky Forest (3:19)

10. Frost-RAVEN - The Sunken Bardge (2:18)

11. Frost-RAVEN - The Wonderous Blue (2:42)

12. Frost-RAVEN - Zenite Nest (2:24)

Artist: Frost-Raven

Title: Deep in Blue

Label: Spectral Onyx

Date : May,27 2010

Style: psybient

Rating: 4.1/5

Free Download From : Spectral Onyx Records

With his album release Frost-Raven creates an ever evolving sound scape

to an imense deep blue. Inviting curiosity into this realm with the use

of his mysterious tones, this album has a psychedelic otherworldly feel

to it. Carefully chosen instrumentation and subtle fx make it easy to get

lost in the atmosphere created in this soundtrack to a blue water world.

• 1 year later...

I enjoyed this very much. Great atmospheres! Shame that they were so short, though. Kinda wish he would make a full-fledged album with maybe 7-8 tracks but normal length.

Class Caves, Infected Trench, Ka'Thas, Mission Complete and Nebula were the standouts although everything else was very high quality too.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Artist: Frost-RAVEN

Title: Deep In Blue

Label: Elephant Head Records

Date: July, 2011

01 - The Big Nothing

02 - Mission

03 - The Void

04 - Nebula

05 - Hunter

06 - Ka'thas

07 - Infected Trench

08 - Solar Wind

09 - Zenite Nest

10 - Ne'nemis

This is Dustin Musser from the US with an ocean themed ambient album.

The Big Nothing- This is diving and hitting the water in slow motion. Marvelling at depth of the limitless ocean as the sun streams below in sparkling rays. A totally relaxing piece of ambient that strays into the unknown as bubbles rise to the surface.

Mission- Large sweeps twist around ocean currents opening up the wonders that the sea floor can show you. Creatures never before witnessed twirl and propel themselves over the brightly lit coral. There is motion with the synth as it shines.

The Void- As you dive deeper, the sense of isolation must be what one feels in space. Nothing but blue in all directions as the constant hum of the air tank bellows. But instead of fear, it's admiration you're feeling as the cold caresses the body. The faraway synth comes closer like a school of fish and just as quickly it's gone.

Nebula- The huge scope of the ocean is felt here with booming kicks and slowly evolving synths moving in the same slow motion as a swimmer in the deep blue. There is something mystical in the ocean and the pads drive that point home. Awesome.

Hunter- All the tracks have shocased the infinite power and area of the ocean, the colors and creatures hidden and sometimes not so hidden within. This track is darker, from the point of view of the top of the food chain in hot pursuit of it's next meal. Don't want to rush it and spook dinner...take it slow. The constant clanking sounds like a motor and now I see that this hunter was after a man in a boat that had gotten careless.

Ka'Thas- The beast stirs as it roars its ancient call...It's getting closer.

Infected Trench- Can a trench be infected? The ominous sweep it pleasing and the water effect had me checking to see if my feet were in water. So f*cking vivid. The water is all around stretching for miles and miles.

Solar Wind- More slow moving booms and oscillating waves of sound as a melody treads water. Highlighting the unknown, there is a respect you must have for the staggering power of the ocean. The beat gets louder and louder and while not one of my favorites he gets his point across.

Zenite Nest- Echoing sounds travel well in this medium as they fade into the distance. How can one say so much with so little?

Ne'nemis- Sounds of a man made craft sputter across the surface as it swims to a cacophony of noise. A little too harsh for me, as it took me out of the deep blue.

Is there any style this guy can't do? Now this is an album to get lost in. The atmosphere is totally captured and you feel as if you are swimming in the bluest of oceans. Almost able to reach out and touch the vastness it portrays. That's the key in a themed album, making it so vivid and lush that it provides an escape. And this one does. The ending shook me out of my dream state, but other than that this was pretty impressive. And for free no less. I'm with Penzo on this one, a full album that flows in a dark ambient style presenting the awesome scope of the ocean would be well received I think. He definitely has the talent to do it.

Awesome.

P.S. The download from Ekto seems to be different than from Spectral Onyx. Missing Glass Caves, The Murky Forest, The Sunken Bardge, and The Wondrous Blue.

http://www.ektoplazm...en-deep-in-blue

Mdk