History and the uprising of goa trance

Richpa

By accident I got into this article, great post indeed Richpa but you forgot the dutch group, we were always part of everything and everybody, we were there as well, like Lucas, Ben, GMS and me, J'aime (Jaime),actually I had a few different names given, like Tranzite, Ananta(after playing 19 hrs in Vashist in 1995) or Sunyata.

I played the seasons 1994; 1995; 1996; 1997 and 1999/2000 and then I had an accident in Baliand I couldn't walk well for two years, so stay out of Goa.

I played with Ray Castle and even shared the same room with him, played with Fred Disco, Steve I met as well in Australia in 1995 and all the rest of the boys, in your post I didn't see the name of Stephan, he was also one of the first dj's, if not the very first one, unfortunally he died a few years ago, so he can not speak for him self, but he was a great healer a real trancer as well.

There were a few guys we got into it and others that were against it but after it became known did like they were always there, really jokers….

would love to hear any old stories from the golden era first hand????

• 1 year later...

I trancelated the necronomicon richpa. Fk offfff loolll just joking

The fucking book bites ur hand like looolll fuck that class b c whatevet grim shit loool

nice article

eat static should be mentioned

i was surprised not see them in the pioneers list and no one in the replies commented on it

they are like yea but never dug them tbh , its another one of those underground great shit that nobody talks of

aint that foking weird mate???

theyre british far as i know and yea they are fucking pioneers for sure ... really fuckin underappreciated or something but they are not only ones i dunno im not bringing my shit into this but truth be told . i know they did or do good psychedelic stuff but never had the chance to check their albums because i got too much to handle on my plate , but sure i'd say eat static mate!

Yes I know there is a lot more great artists and names to mention but back than I tried to sum up some of personal favorites and of course when it comes to making some lists it's always subjective. However, I hope one day I will have more time to work on this one and to include all relevant names back than. You can always post some suggestions or informations in this topic, it's all about sharing in the end.

-R

• Like 1

Yes I know there is a lot more great artists and names to mention but back than I tried to sum up some of personal favorites and of course when it comes to making some lists it's always subjective. However, I hope one day I will have more time to work on this one and to include all relevant names back than. You can always post some suggestions or informations in this topic, it's all about sharing in the end.

-R

its cool man , look we all have our lives hard to keep track of everything . good luck mister -R ;) lol

edit : i actually do share quite a lot! sharing is caring i know :)

thanks for keeping in touch ;):)

• 4 years later...

Very nice read, I got really absorbed by reading this flashback. Only thing I noticed is that DAT records aren't mentioned with regards to the goa trance movement of the 2000's. I can somewhat understand omitting them if the focus is on neogoa, but I still think they played an important role. And their releases were influential stylewise for the new goa wave as well. And I totally understand the difficulty in selecting which goa projects to add, to the list of those who were active during in the first goa age. But I think MFG are missing there? :) 

And very interesting to read about the Flying Rhino. The interview I have read before I think actually. But it was a long time ago, so I'm not sure if it was the exact same one, but it seems very familiar. Because in the 2000's I was helping a guy from the UK who was trying to re-launch the FR label. I helped him with an animated intro featuring the Rhino which I brought to life. Don't quite remember what happened with the FR site. But I do think that this guy, aquired the original domain name. His name, if it was his real name I don't know but he told me his name was "Will Stoner" which surely sounds like a made up name. :) 

Anyways he provided what I think was this interview among other material he claimed were recovered from storage that had originally been in the FR label HQ. Flyers, promo material I think and business cards and logos perhaps. And the interview was published in some magazine, and it had lovely photos of the Slinky Wizard guys in the studio. I remember especially that the photos featured a MemoryMoog, and either a Korg MS-20 or Korg MS-50 possibly both, and I think a Roland Juno-106 and Yamaha NS-10 studio monitors.

Anyone around here who has the magazine that could scan it? :) 

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...