66 members have voted

1. 1. Who for the next Psynews admin ?

• Insejn
    • Sunstation
    • RTP

This is the poll to know who will be the next admin of Psynews,

The ful story is there.

We have 4 applicants:

- Insejn (Swedish member from the first hour)

- Sunstation (Russian member, and multiple label owner)

- RTP (Austrian, long time member of the community)

- eiko/bwhale (Canadian, long time troll)

For obvious reasons, you'll only be enabled to vote for the first 3 ones.

The new admin shall take care of the community, the board, the development of the platform.

This is extremely important so every vote counts.

The vote closes on december 18th 00:00.

mars.

hmmm....

id really like to hear what they say about it now that there is a vote.

i didnt vote yet but here are my thoughts

sunstation - joined august of 07 and only has 13 posts...not very active.

insejn - very active and sounds up for it, but did mention that he didnt know a lot about doing this kind of stuff (correct me if im wrong)

rtp - also very active and stated an interest in doing it...sounds like hes got the know how how but then mentioned an uncertainty about having the time to do it.

Maybe it would be useful, in order to vote for the right one, to know what these three possible new administrators are planning to do with the site. I guess they all want to approach this in a different fashion. It would make it easyer to vote, at least for me.

edit I posted this at the same time as Ouroboros, more or less the same as his question

Well, that's why I gave a link to the other topic. It's not formal but you get the idea. And if you're a regular member you know what these guys are up to. I don't want this process to be too bureaucratic.

Both Insejn & RTP would be cool imo, maybe they can help eachother anyway somehow :)

That's a good notion, they would be quite complementary. RTP has his IT skills, Insejn his long experience as a mod.

That's a good notion, they would be quite complementary. RTP has his IT skills, Insejn his long experience as a mod.

Sounds the most logical to me, as well. Who on psynews.org really wants to be black and white about things? Evidently SunStation voted for himself as another means of self promotion. Might as well have let bwhale vote for himself, too :lol:

I like both nominations, but RTP really did emphasize in the other topic that he is afraid of being too busy for the job, or at the least to take over and actually initiate any changes. Come on Insejn, let's see that off topic forum! It was actually before my time as a psynewser, but I would really look forward to the opportunity to get to know the community better through some random discussions B)

I vote for both RTP & Insejn together. :)

I know that's not an option, so I'll vote for either one of them, but I really feel that they'd to the job better if they did it together than if they did it alone. I'll vote for RTP this time, because I liked his application letter, but my vote is intended as a vote for both. :)

Insejn and RTP showed their interests so far I wish them both luck, but I will vote for Insejn since he is on Psynews long time and active.

me too, i hope he's good as mars, i didn't participate in the debate earlier since i'm new here (looks like the top brass are up to something <_< )

First of all I'm very sad about Mars retirement, but If he thinks if it's a best way for a Psynews than I support his decision. However, I'm not an old user of this board, I registered maybe an year ago but even earlier I watched this board and before that i red all html reviews of an oldschool releases that were posted. Really dunno when this forum was established but i remember when on this page was only good ol' html reviews hehe. Anyhow, I'll give my vote to Insejn, because he is and old user and i'm sure that he knows a lot about people who comes around. So good luck to any administrator(s), I'm sure that people and members of this board will help a lot.

Both Insejn & RTP would be cool imo, maybe they can help eachother anyway somehow :)

Agreed with Joske here. Both Insejn & RTP are dedicated, long-time members, and if they joined forces and had a bunch of moderators, I'm sure it would work out and Psynews would prevail.

Go get 'em boys! Posted Image

well, I was (kind of) unable to post the last days because I burnt my hands due to quite a stupid move I pulled ... but now I think having only followed the conversation a little time was good

because well, you guys have probably had the best idea IMO ... and that would be me joining up with Insejn!

Seriously, this is absolutely good.

I will try to get a hold of him to discuss this.

Sounds the most logical to me, as well. Who on psynews.org really wants to be black and white about things?

Why not appointing both Insejn and RTP ? It is a normal practice to have several administrators on the site. Both of them are able and willing to rule the site, so why not. It would be better to have two admins to redouble attention. ;)

Right, agreed too, but in a few days from now 'll leave the keys of the house to one person, and that person will be totally entitled to hire or join forces with anyone he pleases.

Sounds like a plan. Looking forward to see what goes on here. Love it on this forum. Check it many times a day.

Mars as one of your last acts of administration, could you please remove the posts in the inappropriate forums by the member Gebriel and his promo Mitchell Crapton shit? It really is very annoying and he dropped it in almost all of the forum.

Thanks,

Mdk

After a little absence on my part from this forum (not that anyone noticed it of course ;-) ) I was sad to read thé news ..... for several reasons that is, although I am not the most active participant on this forum (I usually drop in as a guest to read the reviews and comments on interesting topics) I am very fond of this forum and most of its participants. It is part of my "cyber history" and via this forum I found many musical gems (for which I owe thanks to many writers of excellent reviews) and yes, it is a fact that for some reason, activity has dropped here .... I guess it's what you call life ....

I think the most important thing I want to say here is: A massive big THANK YOU to Mars for doing what he did all those years to keep this site up and running! I wish you all the best for the future, big, big respect!

Now, on topic, it seems to be a choice between skills and good intention .... a hard one and I must agree with Anoebis who initially dropped the idea of combining those forces! That would be the most sensitive thing to do for the survival and new impulse of this site. I hope this will be possible.

Anyway, since a lot of you already voted for the good intentions I will vote for the skills, even if he possible hasn't got the time, but I hope they both end up even and a statement has been made in favour of combining forces!

All the best!