CYBERNETIKA - THE SCYTHE OF ORION

Lost Technology (150 BPM)

Impossible Mirage (150 BPM)

Tyrannis (143 BPM)

Transmitter (149 BPM)

Cryostasis (147 BPM)

Molecular Probe (153 BPM)

Calling Mercurio (137 BPM)

Ektoplazm is tremendously proud to present The Scythe Of Orion, the latest science fiction masterpiece by Cybernetika, a German producer revered for his eclectic genre-bending experimentation and heavy use of epic storytelling elements in electronic dance music. Cybernetika’s synthetic fusion of dark and energetic psychedelic trance with elements of industrial, drum ‘n bass, and classic Goa trance will send your mind spinning into the far reaches of outer space as the tale unfolds. As with his other album releases, Cybernetika has composed an epigraph to set the mood: “Invisible yet observing, the strangers transcended to a higher form of existence eons ago. As legend tells, the strangers once were like us, before they evolved into invisible deities no longer bound by time and space. Only a single relic of their ascension remains, holding the wisdom and the secrets of this superior civilization: The Scythe of Orion.” This album has been professionally mastered by Kri @ Audiovalve and features artwork by Thiago Schmitz.

Download it for free in MP3/FLAC/WAV direct from Ektoplazm:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/cybernetika-the-scythe-of-orion

his access to the listener is a lesson for all you artists there, he takes the time to label his music with a story, AUTHENTIC creator, someone who wants to identify the music with something specific, and nothing can be more specific then what actually inspires you. i would love to know if everything comes from the author itself?

anyway, as much as i adore this artist, i am more a fan of his dnb side rather then the psychedelic one, though i must say he's something NEW into the whole music since 2005's releases.

any hint of the music style?

Ha! I thought I'd already heard the best release of the year...but I think that might change in a few days. He's one of the most talented producers out there and I'm sure he'll deliver another masterpiece. The cover, the story...they both already make me tremble in expectation.

@Plutodelic:

Check that out -

It's psytrance this time, though of course there will be a few excursions into breakbeat mode :ph34r: I should probably note that though there are only 7 tracks this is a full-length 80 minute album... so, plenty of long voyages here!

If the next round of mastering goes well there's a chance we can have this online this weekend :)

It's psytrance this time, though of course there will be a few excursions into breakbeat mode :ph34r: I should probably note that though there are only 7 tracks this is a full-length 80 minute album... so, plenty of long voyages here!

If the next round of mastering goes well there's a chance we can have this online this weekend :)

That is awesome. Ever since Atropos I've been able to appreciate this guys music so much more. At first it seemed like typical dark psytrance but his music has depth, storytelling, atmosphere. :)

Wow what a ride! This album simply blows anything out of its way. Transmitter having the ability to rank best Psy anthem of 2010. This is truly a standout release and you can't even stress enough that this is all for free. So amazing. Thank you very much Basilisk and Cybernetika for all the hard work you put into making this happen!

Got it this morning :blink: . What can be said? Incredibly good is little for that.

Loved the space ambience permeating all the tracks, the galloping bassline, the excelent studio work.

Everything is top of the tops, IMO.

Long live Cybernetika!!

And Ektoplasm for making such a must-have album free!!

• 2 weeks later...

Last album I heard from by was Nanospheric, an underrated, atmospheric gem in Psytrance.

Update: I heard the full album today. How has a review thread not been opened for this? The Scythe Of Orion easily makes my top 5 best Psytrance albums of 2010. It's excellent.

Thank you for this passionately crafted and imaginative release. The brooding atmosphere, soundscapes, background textures, and melody/sound work flow together and produce a rich, mythical (and otherworldly) edge.

The Scythe Of Orion is one of the best albums of 2010, bar none.

This album is simply amazing, probably one of the best efforts on Ektoplazm so far, and it's totaly FREE. This guy has unique style, very atmospheric and interesting uptempo psy. I really enjoyed this album and downloaded whole stuff from him. Respect to Cybernetika for great music and for sharing it with people!