Khetzal new album?

psytimeofmylife

His album is just brilliant, I hope he would do more!

• 8 months later...

YES... the reply is YES!! Matthieu is preparing a new goa album. He is just beginning. He had abandoned his project Khetzal to devote himself to electro music.

It's a nice guy and a perfectionist. Don't hesitate to encourage him on his souncloud.

His unreleased tracks on soundcloud are intented for compilation ;-)

YES... the reply is YES!! Matthieu is preparing a new goa album. He is just beginning. He had abandoned his project Khetzal to devote himself to electro music.

It's a nice guy and a perfectionist. Don't hesitate to encourage him on his souncloud.

His unreleased tracks on soundcloud are intented for compilation ;-)

Great!

Best wishes for the creation of another Khetzal album! :)

• 1 month later...

Corolle is still one of my favorite albums of all time... I'd love for Khetzal to write some new material!

Rosin Memories is one of the most incredible Goa Trance tracks I've ever heard. His music is so pure and brilliant. I really hope we see another album from Khetzal in the near future smile.gif

It was such a tease for him to release that and then nothing. My favorite track on that compilation and he just lets us starve? :D I kid and really thank him for releasing that great track.

I communicated with him a while back. He was very nice and was working on other (artist name) music. This was around 2010, before Rosin Memories. I agree with you guys/girls. I love his Corolle album; his contribution to music has been wonderful. I'd say don't hesitate sending him a short message via facebook, youtube, etc., expressing your interest and enthusiasm for a second Khetzal album. He might reply, or more so be encouraged to make one if enough of us keep putting the ideas out there.

One of the things I enjoy most about goatrance is that the artists are really nice; they're generally receptive. I mean, not always. Simon Postford never wrote me back, nor the AP guys, or Infected Mushroom (the latter probably because I went on a rant asking them to make another album like their first 3 after they were so far gone, lol).

But I'd say 4 times out of 5, I was able to get in touch keeping questions short (as opposed to general praise, though there's nothing wrong with praise!), communicating creative ideas, feedback, etc. Even Dado of Transwave wrote me back, though it took 1-2 years. That was on here after Dado posted on a Transwave thread. Distant Systems (artist) hasn't written me back yet. Several weeks ago on facebook, I asked if he had any idea when his second (long awaited) album is coming out.

Would I like a second Khetzal album and for Suntrip Records to market it like the first? You bet! Fuck yes. Of course. His first album is awesome! He's made numerous great compilation tracks too over the years. Corolle really is a gem though.

Khetzal is great,
I would love a second album!

+1

Update (I just read this after posting)

Only few more months to go :) Mattheiu said the album will probably be out by mid 2013 !!! :o

What?? Really?? He's coming out with a second goa album for real!? !!! If that's true, I suddenly want him to really take his time to make it special! :wub:

Corolle is amazing. It has loads of personality, it's beautifully musical and flows from one tune to the next with an ease not many people can afford. Doesn't sound like anybody else's goa for that matter. It's a proper piece of music, if goa ever saw any. I for one would love a second album :)

Corolle is amazing. It has loads of personality, it's beautifully musical and flows from one tune to the next with an ease not many people can afford. Doesn't sound like anybody else's goa for that matter. It's a proper piece of music, if goa ever saw any. I for one would love a second album :)

Indeed, although it has an oriental sound, it is the old kind of indian influence, so it stands out from the rest of an overhappy orientalism.