Live/instrumental psytrance act

ziptnf

I don't think it's bad, but good? I prefer Juno Reaktor. Much more psychedelic it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QF7W0V_NRI

I don't think it's bad, but good? I prefer Juno Reaktor. Much more psychedelic it is.

I find it very interesting that you don't think it's very good. It's quite rare to see an act like that, you don't like the music at all? I think it takes a lot of talent. The Juno Reactor thing was pretty cool too, but the band I posted seems to be making all their music on the spot, no turntables or mixers involved. Just a synthesizer and live instruments.

I find it very interesting that you don't think it's very good. It's quite rare to see an act like that, you don't like the music at all? I think it takes a lot of talent. The Juno Reactor thing was pretty cool too, but the band I posted seems to be making all their music on the spot, no turntables or mixers involved. Just a synthesizer and live instruments.

It's just not layered enough for me, maybe because they don't use a mixer.

And oh...I'm not questioning their talent...I've seen psytrance before with drums and guitar and live synths(IM,...). This sounds better but it's just not my thing.

OOOD is another story, I know they incorporate live percussion and drums in their recordings, but it's mixed more subtle. I don't know if they incorporate it in their live show too cause I haven't seen them live yet.

Last year I saw Dimension 5, they use a guitar in their lives shows, but again subtle chords and licks here and there, no screaming solo's on top of it.

OOOD is another story, I know they incorporate live percussion and drums in their recordings, but it's mixed more subtle. I don't know if they incorporate it in their live show too cause I haven't seen them live yet.

If you get the chance, you should.

If you get the chance, you should.

I hope they will come to Belgium, OOOD or Voice of Cod, soon.

I hope they will come to Belgium, OOOD or Voice of Cod, soon.

I hope so too! We're open to offers ;) Thanks so much for your kind words.

FYI, our live shows incorporate much more live percussion than our recordings; we make our tunes in the studio in much the same way that many other acts do, and then add the liveness on top when we perform. Also, the way we perform now is very different from how we used to do it in the 1990s; I'm making a new thread for a video of a live set from that time, just for the nostalgia.

I hope so too! We're open to offers ;) Thanks so much for your kind words.

Sadly enough I'm not a party organiser, or you would be on the top of my list together with Dickster, Prometheus, Lucas and Hallucinogen. Now that would be a great line-up, wouldn't it. "A breath of fresh air productions presents..." héhé...I'm dreaming out loud.

FYI, our live shows incorporate much more live percussion than our recordings; we make our tunes in the studio in much the same way that many other acts do, and then add the liveness on top when we perform. Also, the way we perform now is very different from how we used to do it in the 1990s; I'm making a new thread for a video of a live set from that time, just for the nostalgia.

Great!

Let's see what you guys think. I think it's incredibly unique and delicious.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=82yXC6MZg5s

Totally wicked.

this is really awesome!

I like the energy that comes across...

On the other hand it might lose a little bit of the intimate warmth that a Didgeridoo and this whole live band setting ususally provides in music as it's kind of overpowered by the effects from other instruments.

Great though nevertheless. If they came here, I'd totally go see them!

An austrian band called RhythMen does music that is in that vein actually, but they have a higher "warmth" factor so to say.

I couldn't find a good video from them though, only have dug up ones that show them only playing acoustic ... so it's somehow like the following, think a little electronic besides it ;)