Vibrasphere is closing down!

I got this mail today... :(

NEWS

2010-11-25

We are very sorry to inform you that we have decided to close down the Vibrasphere project. This is due to several reasons, but mainly we feel it is time to move on to other projects within the music. After all 12 years is a very long time for any music project. We are very grateful to all the fans, promoters, labels, djs and other people that has supported us in the past 12 years. We have many great memories from these years and sincerely hope that at least some of you will remember our music also in the years to come. Vibrasphere will keep on performing live until the end of May 2011, the dates of our performances will be officially announced soon. Any promoters interested in booking the Vibrasphere live act for this period are recommended to contact us asap. However, we are both going to continue making music out of Cloud 99, but with separate projects. Robert is currently doing mastering jobs for different labels and as for making music, Robert has a new release coming out on the long awaited Vanguard Vol. 3 compilation soon to be released on Tribal Vision, and will be releasing an solo album later in 2011. Those who are interested in his mastering skills, contact Slater at Tribal Vision for further info. The Vibrasphere site, downloadshop and merchandise shop will continue to operate and we will be announcing news regarding our future music projects here as well.

My favourites are Echo and Lime Structure.

Archipelago and Exploring the Tributaries have their warm moments that immerse you in their beauty but as whole albums they lack a true progressive cohesive structural quality or presence that's found in those first 2 albums that gives them their power, trance or replayability. If I remember correctly the opening downtempo track on Lungs of Life was worth listening to but the rest of the album was boring/unlistenable/forgettable. I haven't listened to these albums or any prog in ages!

It doesn't bother me personally that they've shut down. =)