OOOD

Insejn

Ok, I admit it. I have never like OOOD's Goa trance/psytrance. But when I heard this track. HOLY SHIT! It's modern. It has all the sound effects I'm looking for. I'm very picky when it comes to proggresive (I am a SA fanbouy and VERY picky about my proggresive) but this is just outstanding! OOOD, you have outdone yourself! This is simply blilliant! The production is top notch! The very best production I've ever heard from OOOD. If this is the direction you want to take, I welcome it with open arms. I need more fat progressive (MUTe)! 4:50 is insane! Keep it up Colin

Hey guys! Glad some of you like Oddball. It's a bit of an odd one for sure so it's not surprising you're not all jumping up and down in joy :P It's not a new direction for us as such, I think we were just lucky to find a label who was actually up for releasing one of our experiments. They're mainly a tech breaks label so we wrote them a breakbeat track too. But we've always known that psychedelic music comes in all shapes and sizes, and we've always written more than just psytrance; it's just that now we're happier with that other side of what we do as it seems to be more like what many people want to dance to, so we're less shy about showing it to the world. We played our first non-trance live set last weekend, at our own little party here in Bristol. It was interesting, and fun!

For those of you (like Antic, maybe) who are worried that we're leaving trance behind HAHAHAHAHAHA fear not, we've got lots of new 143-145bpm psy for the next album including a couple which we're extraordinarily pleased with. To hear clips of some of them, listen from 9:51 onwards (starting with the slightly slower 'Frogology') in our latest little demo... the beginning of it is our non-trance stuff so some of you may wish to skip ahead 9:51 ;) The purists amongst you listen to the first part at your own risk.

http://soundcloud.com/colin-oood/oood-in-order-of-bpm-new-tunes-minimix-october-2010-1

Our live set from Boom Festival is also online in my Soundcloud, if anyone's interested. Again, the first half is non-trance (apart from Eye of the Beholder, the track I did with Ott), because the first half of the set was a soundtrack to an animation that Boom commissioned, and banging psytrance wouldn't have worked with it.

^ Sounds great, does the new album have a name/tentative release date?

Not yet... sometime in 2011; we have 7 tracks I think. Plenty of time. We're not even sure if it will come out on a label as such this time, although we're open to approaches from interested parties.

For those of you (like Antic, maybe) who are worried that we're leaving trance behind HAHAHAHAHAHA fear not

Good to hear that :)

And don't worry about me or anyone else criticising what you do. For example I was at first hugely disappointed with 2nd VoC album, because it was such a departure in style, atmosphere and tempo from the magnificent debut; but now - after hearing it couple hundred times - I love them equally. I will buy whatever you release, under but a one condition - it's got to be physical, because I don't buy 'files'...

Good to hear that :)

And don't worry about me or anyone else criticising what you do. For example I was at first hugely disappointed with 2nd VoC album, because it was such a departure in style, atmosphere and tempo from the magnificent debut; but now - after hearing it couple hundred times - I love them equally. I will buy whatever you release, under but a one condition - it's got to be physical, because I don't buy 'files'...

We're Not Worthy. But we will just carry on doing Our Thing, whatever that happens to be, and in the process I'm sure we'll disappoint someone, much though I hate the thought.

And I want to release a CD too, if only so I can stack it next to the others on my shelf and think "I made that!"

• 3 weeks later...