Penzoline

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckoffofo

Trololo :(

:lol::lol::lol:

Earphones could be nice just for listening on the journey, but you need big headphones for better feeling.

IMO they don't make me any pleasure, i found them pretty uncomfortably. I don't like to have any body hole closed or penetrated with something, but from our conversations it seems you support and really enjoy them B)

I don't know if this topic is good for asking for headphone advice so I apologize if I shouldn't post it there.

After long time of using cheap Sennheiser HD218's I decided to buy some better and more expensive pair of headphones. At first I bought AKG K518DJ, but quickly returned them - bass was extremely boomy and anything I tried on them was just unlistenable (except hardstyle). Then after hearing good things about Beyer DT770's I ordered 600ohm version from online store but they told me they don't have them and proposed several others with discount instead, so I went with T70 as I believed it to be a better version of DT770. When I got these headphones I was disappointed again - sound signature is quite opposite of what I heard on K518, bass is very light and I think there is some unpleasant peak in the treble, so now I'm returning these too.

The headphones I'm considering now:

- AH-D2000

- DT770 600ohm

- ATH-M50

Which of these should sound best with goa and ambient? I'm very used to my HD218's so I'd like to have headphones which similar sound signature.

Looking at these charts:

http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=1633&graphID%5B1%5D=2131&graphID%5B2%5D=2941&graphID%5B3%5D=2881&scale=30&graphType=0&buttonSelection=Update+Graph

DT770's should sound like my beloved HD218's with the difference that it's more V-shaped, but everyone seems to be recommending D2000's for trance music. ATH-M50 looks to be most bassy of them all.

Also my source is O2/ODAC combo.

Can't help the above poster as I'm away from my good akgs overseas atm.

However, I just want to say...

Earphones, in ears, earbuds... What. The. Fuck!

Whatever the fuck portable walking to the tube music listening devices I try, they ALWAYS break in one freaking ear! 5 pairs in 5 months! From $5 up to $65! Just ridiculous how a tiny freaking wire can be so fragile in this day and age! I am also extra careful never to strain them I just have real bad luck.

Think I'm going to just buy like ten dirt cheap pairs on eBay, at least then I will always have some in my bag.

/end rant :)

Buy the ones I recommend and they will sound like 100 €+ headphones, but be sure to add tape at the beginning of the cable so it does not bend and the cable does not get stressed, otherwise any earphones will break, that do not have replaceable cables. You must add tape at the front of the cable lor sure, otherwise they will break. But let your next earphones be the Sennheiser MX 580

Buy the ones I recommend and they will sound like 100 + headphones, but be sure to add tape at the beginning of the cable so it does not bend and the cable does not get stressed, otherwise any earphones will break, that do not have replaceable cables. You must add tape at the front of the cable lor sure, otherwise they will break. But let your next earphones be the Sennheiser MX 580

I read your praise of those Radi and they have good reviews at Head Fi etc..Cheers.. I'm just a bit hesitant as I now think any brand will break on me I'm pretty sure.

Seriously considering ten pairs of no name for $6. But I might get the MX as well. I'm sure the cheap no names will sound shit and I will have wasted my money, but hey, spare pairs around.

Also on topic, I would buy Dt 880s if I was at home/studio setup.

Just what I told you, at the beginning of the cable you put two cm of tape around the cable so it is tight and does not bend, that is the only way the headphones will not break.

And Head-fi.org is a great forum, I am not going there only because it takes a very long time til they answer, but the reviews are very good.

• 2 months later...

Currently in my apartment both for production & listening I is Audio Technica ATH-M50. Not great IMO for production but cost effective. They are heavy so I find when I get caught up for more than an hour my neck hurts like hell. Sound quality is good but IMO took about 2-3 weeks to break in so to speak.

I find they actually work better with drum & bass, techno & prog house than Goa/psy trance. When I have my proper studio in house set up will buy some Beyerdynamics & a headphone amp.

I have Sennheiser HD25 and Adam A5x.

Adam A5X changed my life. I used to be unmaterialistic, without any attachments before it.

I guess you're really attached to the quality of sound they produce, rather than the physical boxes themselves - But I very well know what you mean. ;) The only thing, besides my music and and related gear, I'm really attached to, is probably my flat itself...

• 3 weeks later...

Sony MDR - 7506 and Adam A7

The 7506 is too bright to mix with : the result is i end up underplaying the high frequencies.

The A7 is a blessing. Smooth high-mids and strong yet 6.5 inch woofer bass. But I agree with you Kathmandu

I used the 7506's for many years. Not the best for mixing but I learned how to work with them. I also use the ADAM A7. Wonderful monitors, just a bit limited in the low end for electronic music, so I use my headphones to check low end.