epic trance

draeke

whenever i think about the word EPIC the only track that comes to mind is

Cosmosis - Howling At The Moon

that tracks builds up forever and ever till the end.

which tracks do you feel like do the same?

that's just to gather some similar tracks in one topic.

suggestions welcome :)

I dunno about banal definitions but for me the Goa/Psytrance sound or theme is generally synonymous with the word epic. Epic is not only the track itself but the feeling that's arising in our being when listening. Who can place a barrier on what combination of sounds that might be to bring about such a state in the listener.

So to pluck a couple of tracks from my limited listening library to contribute to this thread I will post a few very well known tracks that I love for the hell of it:

Tandu - The System, Rodeo, Alien Pump

Cosmosis - Spores from Space

MFG - New Kind of World track

Jaia - Brainstorm, Mai Mai

Transwave - Cycles of Life

Indoor - Shiva

Chi A.D. - Eye am the I

Doof - Angelina

Pleiadians - Maia

Sandman - Shockwave

Blue Planet Corporation - Crystal

Filteria - Daze of our Lives, Sky Input

Merrow - Born Underwater, Poseidon Lullaby, Citrus Circus

I could go on........

The track slamming into my skull right now on Zirrex - Lost in Time is pretty damn epic: It happens to be the title track 6, Lost in Time on the High Noise Disc. Very nice!

Epic is incredibly personal. Not always racing, maximal melodic mentally orgasmic and peaking.

I had such an epic experience recently with the downtempo Galaxy Science of Ecstacy when it really clicked into aural gear for me one night.

Apologies if I've not danced along with the intended theme of your thread. Posted Image

=)

when I think of epic psy-trance I can't help think of millennium type "Israeli" stuff like Infected and Psysex etc. (and later Misted Muppet stuff)...

examples:

Infected Mushroom - Dracul

Infected Mushroom - The Missed Symphony

Infected Mushroom - Roll Us A Giant

Infected Mushroom - Spaniard

Psysex - Dirty 80's (Psysex on Mushroom)

Panick - Soul Calibur

The Misted Muppet - The Mist

The Misted Muppet - Cat Visions

Max - Scribble Fox

Max - Eternal

and definitely also:

Jörg On Mushroom - The Messenger

Epic Goa - I have a difficult time finding something that tops:

Pleiadians - Maia

Yeah! I forgot to post some Infected. I've had some amazing moments with some of their tracks.

Also:

Koxbox - Space Traveller

Koxbox - Neurobic

Prometheus - Snakes and Ladders

The Delta - Pop, Travelling at the Speed of thought, Thing, Delter Skelter, As a Child I could walk on the Ceiling

The whole of RA the 9th is one epic track

So many more!

Whenever I feel a track to be epic, it's as though something important is happening while I'm listening. When I get that feeling from an artist, album or track I try to save and store it and only play it at certain times or moments so as to not lose that magic from excessive repetition. For that reason I'm kind of glad to have gotten into psytrance a bit later and when I'm a bit older because when you're younger you tend to go a bit crazy and play your favourites over and over again, perhaps ruining them. I don't like some of the old TIP, Tantrance, DTG and Goa-Head compilations in a sense because they have a tendency to tap into some of the same nice classics and I worry about their epicness being ruined for me. Being able to cherry-pick 15+ years of psytrance development for THOSE moments and feelings is pretty exciting!

yeah maybe this topic has a lot of tracks that are repeated on countless topics but i like all the response so far, i wanted to make a best off of long journeys and all this imputs made my selections easier.

I also read some track names i didn't know before so it's good to check out some of the mentioned material for the first time :)

cheers guys!

whenever i think about the word EPIC the only track that comes to mind is

Cosmosis - Howling At The Moon

that tracks builds up forever and ever till the end.

which tracks do you feel like do the same?

that's just to gather some similar tracks in one topic.

suggestions welcome :)

One of the best tunes indeed.

Other than that, I have always thought that Domestic Mushroom - Scotch is one of the most epic Psytrance tunes to date. The way the melody comes up...gets me everytime.

hm, i am not sure... but maybe;

Jörg On Mushroom - The Messenger :D

3's a bunch!

also: Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids and Angry Dwarf - Continuum

and when we are talking epic deep space trance: Cosma - People On Hold

• 3 weeks later...

For me the most epic tracks out there are Merr0w's Citrus Circus, Jörg On Mushroom's The Messager (4 :D ) and D5's Psychic Influence. :)

Also New Kind Of World (MFG), The Solar System (Goalien), El Alma De La Tierra (Aurasound), Beyond Control (Ra), Aleira Sky (D-Zager), ...

And of course many Greek Uplifting tracks hehe. For example: Loop - Mon Destin, Loop - Brave, Oxydow - Everlasting Love, Chaosstar - Power Of Light, Lennox - Reflections, ...

Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire (full album)

Infected Mushroom - Classical Mushroom (full album)

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering (full album)

Infected Mushroom - Facing

Infected Mushroom - Anyone else but me (or Don't Look At Me can't remember :P) that's some wicked bent trance music

...but i guess definitions of epic vary when i read some replies here

• 3 weeks later...

hm, i am not sure... but maybe;

Jörg On Mushroom - The Messenger :D

3's a bunch!

I have no idea what "epic" trance means or where it begins/ends, but I too dig Jörg On Mushroom - The Messenger

Dancing with Kadafi seems pretty epic to me, but no idea if thats "epic trance" or not.

• 3 weeks later...

GNOtR - Ring of Fire

Indoor - Shiva

Pleiadians - Maia, Headspin

Sandman - Bad News (New Way)

Xenomorph - Hallucinatory Spheres

Hallucinogen - Shamanix

all for different reasons. :)

the climaxes of the Sandmana and Xenomorph tracks on here are REALLY epic to me, even if they're a bit understated.