What's goin' on with Goa

vancbc

Hey everyone - I am an old Goa fan and also enjoy New Goa. I lost interest in trance in general for several years, but now am interested in adding to my album collection again. The last purchase I made before I left the psy scene was Suntrip's Opus Iridium. If I did a lot of research I could catch myself up, but can you guys help an old-timer here and give me a quick update on the psy scene and some of the must-have albums (especially Goa) of the past couple of years? Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone - I am an old Goa fan and also enjoy New Goa. I lost interest in trance in general for several years, but now am interested in adding to my album collection again. The last purchase I made before I left the psy scene was Suntrip's Opus Iridium. If I did a lot of research I could catch myself up, but can you guys help an old-timer here and give me a quick update on the psy scene and some of the must-have albums (especially Goa) of the past couple of years? Thanks in advance.

Hey there! Best option is to look at reviews section here at Psynews board and check out some releases from labels like: Suntrip, Phototropic, Cronomi, Ezel-Ebed, Sita and Space Baby. But before that you should check this list:

http://www.listology.com/somazoid/list/new-school-goa-trance-discography

There you can find awesome list of newschool goa trance (or neogoa) releases from few last years. Feel free to check out Neogoa.tk website too, it's a Newschool Goa trance database & infosite where you can find also some useful informations, but at this moment it's in reconstruction phase and there isn't soo much articles/edition in database. Link: http://www.neogoa.tk

In my humble opinion in this year you should check this releases:

V/A - Energy Waves (Suntrip)

V/A - Temple Of Chaos (Suntrip)

V/A - Protozoa (Sita)

V/A - Spiritual Rising (Ezel-Ebed)

Alienapia - Goapocalipsis (Space Baby)

Artha - Influencing Dreams (Cronomi)

Amithaba Buddha - Myself In The Mirror (Phototropic)

Goasia - Dancing With The Blue Spirit (Kagdila)

For 2009. / 2008. /2007. Check reviews section. In 2009. Suntrip Rec. released really great albums from projects like: Filteria, Radical Distortion, Merr0w, Afgin. Phototropic released few awesome V/A too. Go read reviews, people/users will tell you much more about particular release ;)

http://www.suntriprecords.com/releases/

Just listen to the samples and decide yourself, though I'd mostly recommend E-Mantra, Filteria, RA and Temple Of Chaos.

Also to add to Richpa, a couple of old school goa albums that were previously unreleased

Crop Circles - Tetrahedron (Dat Records)

Crossing Mind - Holographic Paradigm (Dat Records)

V/A - Protozoa (Sita)

Agree otherwise, but imo Nitzhogoa is just epic and I would recommend that over Protozoa, though you can only get VA - Nitz-ho-goa by Kunaki and with a credit card, no paypal whatsoever.

Agree otherwise, but imo Nitzhogoa is just epic and I would recommend that over Protozoa, though you can only get VA - Nitz-ho-goa by Kunaki and with a credit card, no paypal whatsoever.

I agree with you, but I listed only releases from this year so skiped last years Nitzhogoa ;)

• 3 weeks later...

wow, this is great. how come that i have completely missed this?

@topic

i also recommend va - sundrops for some nice morning goa.

other goa essentials for me in the last years:

e-mantra - arcana

artha - influencing dreams

va - temple of chaos

filteria - daze of our lives

blue planet corporation - blueprint for survival (it's old material)

ra - 9th

crossing mind - holographic paradigm

not goa but also highly recommended:

talpa - when the somberness becomes the game (really strange weird psytrance)

cosmosis - fumbling for the funkt frequency (imho the best fullon album in many years)

I recommend:

E-Mantra / Arcana (Suntrip Recs), 2009 ;)

was going to recommend that aswell :)

Posted Image

cheers :D