• Blue Planet Corporation
    • Transwave
    • Jaia
    • Other

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transwave and Jaia would share the 1st place, but considering Transwave having at least the double amount of ace tracks the decision was easy in the end.

Here's how I see it:

Great goa tracks by the top groups

Transwave

• Malaka Dance
  • Land Of Freedom
  • The Rezwalker
  • Zero Density
  • Trashish
  • My Dear Medical Assurance
  • Robostyx
  • Hypersphere
  • Axonal
  • Flamycogire
  • Cycles Of Life

Jaia

• Brainstorm
  • Brainstorm (live rmx)
  • Mai Mai
  • Nasty Angel
  • Sillenium
  • Tweested Zone

There's something cheesy about Total Eclipse productions, most of their tracks sound unsophisticated to my ears. But they did a handful of excellent tracks too.

Total Eclipse

• Free Lemonade
  • Waiting For A New Life
  • Transparent Mind
  • The Furnace
  • Virtual Terminal Energised
  • Chaotic Circus

• 1 month later...

Hard one indeed but my vote also go es to legendary Transwave, followed by even legendary BPC. Third place for me is Jaïa .... always preferred their tracks above Total Eclipse tracks (which are good also ;-) ) Also, Jaïa is still making fabulous music today ....even as a one man project ....

Guest nectarios

Transwave for me, although Bamboo Forest is not in the poll (it does say Goa band and Bamboo's finest hour was after their Goa days) and I've seen both Total Eclipse and Transwave live numerous times, and both projects gave me religious experience on the dancefloor/dirt...Dado and Serge are the two people that carry the french flag for me.

Absolum's direction I did not like, not into the 3D Vision sound, nor Cedric's.

The DMT project also made some of the best chill tunes I ever heard from the french camp.

Dado/Deedrah/Synthetic, is for me one of THE best artist/producer this scene ever had. Even if he does not make trance music anymore and last time I heard him I was surprised and not in the best way, and there's the Krome Angels stuff I am not into.

The GBU stuff is absolutely brilliant! The tunes on the Solstice comps, La Caixa being one of my favourite tunes of all time (and one of my most precious 12" I own, with El Marriachi on the flip side), their album, Big Tone Blasting with that monstrous riff...sheer brilliance.

Serge is the one who has been more consistant. All his albums have been amazing, including the recent White album on Neurobiotics and especially the White EP.

Peace out.

• 2 weeks later...

Transwave, for me, for now. Helium is just awesome, it makes me wonder sometimes what the hell is wrong with some of the modern producers/productions. I wish more people would have the guts, skill and opportunity within the "scene" to push for and create their own sound.

Anyone want to donate me some hardware and a few years of spare time, I'll give it a freakin' go! ha

Gonna have to say Total Eclipse (even if their newest album was pretty bad IMO), although I have great respect for all of these artists. The older stuff actually sounds slightly aged now but IMO that's part of the appeal. The sound seemed very "raw" in a good way :)

I have to admit I hadn't heard much from Jaia (only been listening to psy since around 2002), but that Re:works album last year(ish) opened my eyes. It's really not my typical style either, but I dig it a lot. :)

• 2 years later...

No one is going to be surprised - My vote goes to Jaia.

When Jaia made Blue Energy, it became a classical of Goa trance music.

When jaia made Fiction, it became a classical of Progressive psytrance music....

And jaia did also many other nice stuff !

Enough said for jaia.

I love transwave too, their album Backfire is just great, they would take second place for me.

Guest D N H

Virtuart, Asia 2001, Moog/Spectral, Jaia, Transwave, BPC, Amanite FX, Total eclipse, The Deviant, Toi-Doi, Bamboo Forest, Talamasca, Elixir, Silicon Sound, CosmoChaos, Asura.....Aaaargh! I can't choose! it's impossible 5sIp8.gif

1# Transwave (for their many great tracks & sublime albums "Hypnorhythm" & "Phototropic")

2# Asia 2001 (his atmosphere, his sound, his style)

3# Blue Planet Corporation (his incredible album "Blue Planet")

Nobody mentioned toi doi! great french act.

I believe that it is impossible to choose, they were all amazing in their own ways.

If I really had to choose one, it would probably be Jaia for the awesome melodies.

For me it is Total eclipse, they are the best, the albums released by them are very classical and real oldschool goa trance, really great music, however all the others are perfect aswell. Blue Planet Coorperation is beautiful and has great tracks, Transwave aswell and Jaja is also great, but they are partly Greek aswell. Asia 2001 is also impressive but gets mentioned way too litttle in my opinion. So for me it is Total Eclipse by a very small ammount the best, but the othrs are also impressive.

I like seeing so many posts mention Toi Doi. I feel he is always under peoples radar. represent that man! 8)

I would say Toi Doi and Total Eclipse.

here here! My two favorites for the oldschool. I like Transwave as well but not heard much under that name.

Don't forget also other Goa french artists like Joking Sphinx, Amanite FX (with his famous "Secet Of Mana"!!!!), Amtinaoüs, Denshi-Danshi, Virtuart, Deflo (few releases but great sound), Khetzal, Crossing Mind, Merr0w (come back soon), Ajna (his album is ready but not label) ;)

For me it is Total eclipse, they are the best, the albums released by them are very classical and real oldschool goa trance, really great music, however all the others are perfect aswell. Blue Planet Coorperation is beautiful and has great tracks, Transwave aswell and Jaja is also great, but they are partly Greek aswell. Asia 2001 is also impressive but gets mentioned way too litttle in my opinion. So for me it is Total Eclipse by a very small ammount the best, but the othrs are also impressive.

Jaja ? It's Jaia, but it's not first time I see Jaja instead of Jaia, the two stuff are right or you made a mistake ?

You said jaia are partly greek, are you sure of what you say ? Yannick Kamarinos is french and the other guy from Jaia, who left the project in 2000, Jean-Michel Blanchet, who I guess is also french

Guest D N H

A-15586-1320027185.jpeg Jaïa
Profile: The French producers Yannis Kamarinos and Jean Michel Blanchet formed the trance and ambient act Jaïa in 1995.

His name is greek. Probably his father is a greek and his mother a french. From what it looks he has both greek and french characteristics.

Although, as far as i know, he wasn't a part of the greek scene, his very early stuff have similarities with the greek sound.

He's both a french and a greek.

Great producer.