New Braincell album

Drosophila

I guess the crazy mountain boy is getting ready to release his forth album, I am a big fan of his previous work so this pleases me to discover

http://soundcloud.com/brainalien/sets/braincell-4th-album-intelligent-being

I like what I hear, what do you guys think?

A bit more "floaty/crunchy" and less melodic I take (from the samples)??!

I like the samples a lot. The "less melodic" approach definitely suites my needs for some proper stomping psy.

At some point I even thought of similarities with some Wildthings Records stuff - which is a good thing, as that is my favorite label :)

Even though i know i will end up liking it anyway, the braincell sound is getting a bit predictable now. its his signature trademark kick and use of some fx's that you can tell from a distance , even though the wizadry inside might change now and then. im digging his stuff under the solar spectrum moniker more. i hope he re-invents/jigs his harder alter-ego just to cut the monotony that does seem to set in after a while.

looking forward to his 4th album, i know that his style is unique but i'm hoping for some changes too. B)

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best Braincell album to begin with and/or which is the most melodic?

I'm really interested in Glowing Flame label in general. Have finally ordered a copy of Trold Time of Illusion and am very tempted by Little Worlds and Temple of One but I'm going to hold off on those for a little while. The Artwork itself just blows me away. What's the best albums Glowing Flame label has to offer?

I don't mind a bit of full-on so long as it has nice melody work. To give another indication of Full-On that I enjoy is Mr Peculiar Infinite Evolution and Mind-dala.

Thanks in advance.

Jon

What's the best Braincell album to begin with and/or which is the most melodic?

best: Transforming Reality

most melodic: Frequency Evolution/Transforming Reality/Universal Language (well difficult to say really :P)

I'm really interested in Glowing Flame label in general. Have finally ordered a copy of Trold Time of Illusion and am very tempted by Little Worlds and Temple of One but I'm going to hold off on those for a little while. The Artwork itself just blows me away. What's the best albums Glowing Flame label has to offer?

Glowing Flame is definitely one of my favourite psy-trance labels at the moment (a shame they are not well represented at festivals :angry:)... and Illusion of Time :rolleyes: just perfect! If I was to take a picks (again) on their compilation I think I would get Imaginarity, The Well of Enhanced Sounds and Temple of One before Little Worlds, but others might disagree on that?!

Thanks for the recommendations.

I ended up ordering:

Transformation of Reality

Temple of One

Little Worlds

Trold Time of Illusion

The other Glowing Flame albums will be continually on my radar. Particularly Imaginarity and the couple of other Braincell albums. Which Braincell album would you grab first out of Frequency Evolution and Universal langauge?

Anyhow I've hijacked this thread enough as it is. Posted Image

To stay on topic, I noticed that the new Braincell release is not to be on glowing Flame, it's coming out on a label called Free Spirit. Due out this week.

It is out now.. and I have no idea why he chose to release on a different label, but he released his other project Solar Spectrum on that label as well.

Well you should definitely keep your radar on the glowing flame :P, Imaginarity is really wicked, more soaked in new school goa than Little Worlds... well at least the Trold, Imaginary Sight and Yudhisthira tracks :D but enjoy!