4. Including This

5. Flight of the phoenix

6. Subharmonic

7. Toksin

8. Insine

9. Walking on clouds

10. Highlight Diver

11. Wavemode

Boris Blenn. Electric Universe. Paradise Connection. Jupiter 8000. I don't care what moniker he is producing music under he is class. Having been in the game for so long (did he start the "game?") everything he produces shows an exceptional attention to detail and mood. While some may say that his EU project is becoming stale (not me) his music under the Galaxy name has always been top notch. This is his 4th release as Galaxy and it is on Chillcode, a label that is no stranger to quality downtempo releases.

Everlasting Tone- Smooth and gentle downtempo with a consistent melody throughout. Very thought provoking. Great start.

Introspection- This one has a dubby feel with nice effects to thicken the track. The melodies are very sweet and contrast well with the bass. Super.

Where The Elements Meet- The tempo picks up and the effects give this track a watery vibe with reverberating, almost Himalayan melodies. I see a monk with flowing robes looking over the vast mountain ranges of the region. I would say this started off strong, but kind of lost steam as the almost 9 and half minutes played out.

Including This- This track has a lot of layers to sort through. Boris proves that he is skilled in tying everything together. Dubby bass, electric piano, laser kicks, percussion...this is perfect for a rainy afternoon.

Flight of the Phoenix- This is one of my favorites, with a slow searching melody and deep reverberating bass. Pensive and deep, very tasty.

Subharmonic- Short track with rich sounds that gradually add melodies, becoming louder as if something wicked this way comes! Very dark.

Toksin- This one also seems sad but with very pretty melodies. Again, I like it as it seems to bring a "hope for the future feel". The only thing I didn't like was the very end as it didn't seem like it belonged, just put there to transition into the next track.

Insine- Bubbly sounds amidst a breakbeat and a drudging stab characterize this track. It's nice, but there wasn't enough to keep me interested. Seemed like an interlude. An interlude of almost 6 minutes.

Walking On Clouds- More sound drops join an ambient trance beat, and that makes the track for me. Not a whole lot going on, but those "drops" sounded great almost like one was walking on rainclouds!

Highlight Diver- The tribal percussion takes center stage then it switches to an electronic melody. It thickens up adding a nice piano riff, and then slowly decreases in scope back to the original percussive sound. Well done.

Wavemode- The closing track has more of the sad feel, and short, delicate electronic ministrations that float and undulate. Slow and steady. An awesome close to a terrific ride.

This reminds me a little of Soil Festivities by Vangelis, but more melodic. There is an earthy organic feel that resides in all the tracks. I like that the tracks are gently mixed which seems to work best with this type of music to keep the flow going. This is a slightly melancholy and pensive collection of downtempo, ambient, and dub which seamlessly connect with each other. Someone once said that the most creative art is when the artist experienced some type of pain in their lives. Maybe that's what happened here? Purely speculation, but this was a great trip with beautiful melodies and downtempo beats. One of my favorite things is that this album never lost its focus. The sad theme remained throughout with effects complimenting the melodies and giving it a liquid feel. Very nice. Highly recommended.

Psyshop

Beatspace

GoaStore

Mdk

• 1 year later...

Posted Image

Galaxy - Everlasting Tone [ Chillcode records, Sep. 2010 ]

CD, Album

Track List :

1) Everlasting Tone

2) Introspection

3) Where The Elements Meet

4) Including This

5) Flight Of The Phoenix

6) Subharmonic

7) Toksin 6

8) Insine 5

9) Walking On Clouds

10) Highlight Diver

11) Wavemode

Review written in 2010.

Deep floating spacey ambient downtempo. ‘Everlasting Tone’ provides a relaxing, ethereal listening experience. Luminous, glacial yet warm textures are blending with soft elegant beats, velvety pads and trembling rich basslines. The whole album has a gentle 70s ambient retro scent that goes so well with Galaxy’s modern production and style. This is a smooth, polished yet mind tingling album. A beautifully melodic journey through dreamy paths and elusive oceanic illusions. Put your coat on or get cozy under a warm blanket, this is a gem for the winter.

Boris Blenn aka Galaxy is a talented composer and producer from Germany and ‘Everlasting Tone’ is his second album for Chillcode records, and definitely his best album so far. Nowadays it’s very hard to sound original, and on ‘Everlasting Tone’ Boris definitely sounds original, both musically and production wise. Every sound here is sculpted with a lot thought, emotion and skill, hence the music is so vivid and full of depth. Peaceful yet stimulating waves of electronic sonic beauty.

Summary: Delicately psychedelic and very atmospheric, ‘Everlasting Tone’ is truly wonderful. Definitely in the best of 2010 list. Excellent, crystal clear sounding ambient downtempo. Very well produced. Full of lush, warm, penetrating resonance.

Samples, info & purchase: http://www.psyshop.c.../chi1cd013.html

http://www.myspace.com/chillcodemusic

Enjoy :)

• 2 years later...

Just by reading psynews forum it occurs that Boris Blenn has let down his 90's fans (even those from Cosmic Experience era) at least few times. I'm with those who say his latest fullon LP's could combine into one decent production (IMO, of course, if someone likes cheddar and guitars in psy, there's plenty of delicusness for him).

Blenn's Galaxy alter ego is another story. Great melodic journey, as Spiral Mind wrote - delicately psychedelic, nontheless psy-vibe is certainly present all the time. T2MU brought Vangelis, I'd add Tangerine Dream, another greats from the beginning of electronic music.

Old flow with new gear, recommended.

• 2 years later...