Posted Image

Artist: Eleusyn

Title: Phantasm EP

Label: Icarus Creations

Date: August, 2010

1. Dusk Lights

2. Fractal Strings

3. Gliese

I would have totally missed this release if I hadn't been doing a little poking around the internet. Eleusyn are E-mantra (whose album Arcana was one of the greatest goa trance albums I have ever heard) and Reasonandu who I have never heard of. It was released on a label that I thought had only a few releases according to Discogs. Pays to do your homework. This label has had 28 releases. Most I have never had the pleasure to listen to, but a few I (and probably you) have heard of like Synsun's Unstoppable and the Radiance EP by Audialize. Anyway because of E-mantra's involvement I gave it a go. Oh, and that is not a knock on Discogs, as it is user based.

Dusk Lights is a spacey psy/goa tune that floats with high reaching melodies and is a great beginning. I would rate it higher, but it seemed like the 6:06 went by entirely too fast. Hmm, I suppose that is a good thing.

Fractal Strings is along the same vein with that goa sound and of a higher tempo. The layers are thick here as is the trademark sound that E-mantra brings. You know the one that allows you to lose yourself in whatever realm of your choosing. Super.

Gliese seems to have E-mantra all over it. One could easily see that maybe this one had to be cut from his album as it is the same beautiful style. Melodies soar and transport your mind to

Not much to say about this release. For the price of a Burger King combo meal you can get some new school goa trance wavs that sound good enough to have been on Arcana. Nothing to lose IMO.

Juno Downloads

Beatport

Mdk

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the classical space music sounds in Gliese, definitely potential there for something even greater. Otherwise this sounds like e-mantra but with more emotion and small differences in compositions. It's a good EP, but hate how it's a digital release, gah.

Definitely would be interested in an album by Eleysun in the future, just take the time and craft something nice out of this style and it could be epic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes sir, blasting EP from E-Mantra and his friend. :)

The energy is again here with Gliese being my favorite. It's less aggressive than the tracks on Arcana, but equally good.

Just sitting on the train looking at people while listening to this, just great. :)

• 4 months later...