6. Small Ball

ABOMINATION VS R.E.L

7. Incognito

ABOMINATION

8. Monitor Access (Abomination rmx)

BLISS

9. Puta Cybernetica

ABOMINATION

This is Saar Davidov & Eyal Gershon from Israel who have a very strong track record in releasing quality, high energy tunes. They tend toward the night time style of full on and they do it well. Their resume is impressive and the two previous albums The Enemy Within and Planet X were great. This is their third album and it is released by Mind Control Records which surprised me a bit as they have a reputation for leaning towards the fluffy, generic full-on type of stuff. It all began to make sense as I listened to Incognito.

I'm not going to go through the disc track by track because this is a perfect example of why it isn't necessary. All of the tracks (and I do mean all) are exercises in weak sounds, infuriating multiple build-ups, and cheesy presentation. Where The Enemy Within was full of ominous atmosphere and heavy beats this comes off as light and poppy. Gone are the acid laden leads only to be replaced by boring sounds. When I wasn't being pelted with repetitive, flow stopping build-ups, the leads themselves seemed to drone on. While Planet X wasn't as good as their first release, it was still miles above this.

There were some reminders in a couple of tracks of what made Abomination great, but the slide into irrelevance continues. I love powerful, intense, night-time psytrance and I didn't find any of that here. :(

Psyshop

Beatspace

Goastore

Mdk

• 11 years later...