The Official Psynews Welcome(d) Topic

Penzoline

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Aloha, It's good to notice this forum is still alive, some oldies still call me Rain (my earlier nickname on Psynews),

And I'm glad that some of them are still around. I feel like crying! Posted Image

Just kidding, I don't know who the mod's are at the moment but they are imo doing a great job.

I don't have that much time anymore to spend online but it's good to read reviews and other contributions to psytrance,

Thanx in advance!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I is new. Ish. I posted a little bit a few years ago but nothing that I particularly remember. Anyway, I'm a wannabe DJ, record nerd and (hopeful) college graduate in the next year. I don't get out much, and have a serious case of Belgian envy after hearing how much old-school goa is played there; hence, Psynews, where I can watch other people have fun and hate on them. :P

• Like 1

I don't get out much, and have a serious case of Belgian envy after hearing how much old-school goa is played there; hence, Psynews, where I can watch other people have fun and hate on them. :P

We are riding the same boat it seems. Death to belgians! :lol:

Welcome! :)

The heart, it is broken :(

And welcome to the new(-ish) guys!

Maybe it can be fixed by drinking pugwash?

Welcome new people and returnees!

Heya. I'm a 24 year old (at the time of writing) goa and ambient producer from Indiana, USA. Been browsing this place since the goatrance.free.fr days... only managed to convince myself to register a few months ago. There's no goa scene where I live, but I'm moving to Buffalo, NY in the near future, and am looking forward to being close to the Toronto scene as a result. I'm not really sure what else there is to say about me. >_>

Bom Shankar

I'm from Ukraine

Psytrance freak. Oldschool goa insane fan.

Producer of some psy/goa/chill/idm output.

Silent reader of this forum from the begining of times. :ph34r:

I don't know what else to add.

love this little community :wub:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

I am that kind of nerd that instead of chasing girls in high school explored psychedelic music and pushed the borders of personal knowledge and creativity.

That's all I can say about me.

Welcome 604tronik303, I like your name :)

you could have tried both Posted Image

I was about to say this. Seems everyone is beating me to the punch recently

you could have tried both

What's done is done, but there is still plenty of time to catch up.

And I will always remember high school for one personal accomplishment: turning a friend to psytrance. He used to listen to electro, tech-house, drum and bass, rap, but then he discovered normal trance and he liked it. I offered him to listen to some psytrance. Because he was from a club scene, I decided to give him for a listen something progressive, not very intense and so I gave him the Youtube link to "Koxbox - The Great Unknown". He said to me that he liked it a lot and that the track made him fly. On another occasion I gave him for listening "Koxbox - Electronic Brainwash". He managed to listen only one minute. He said that he liked it and it made him feel good, but it was too much. But, slowly, he will come to the deep psy side.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I discovered psytrance in the summer of 2010 and luckily shortly after that Google directed me here. I guess I've been reading this forum since september or october.

I'd like to thank everyone who've contributed to psynews.org and/or to the scene in general. Special thanks go to Abasio for being helpful and to Basilisk - your essentials guide is fantastic, particularly for a newcomer to the world of psychedelic music.

All the best.

• Like 1

Hello,

I discovered psytrance in the summer of 2010 and luckily shortly after that Google directed me here. I guess I've been reading this forum since september or october.

I'd like to thank everyone who've contributed to psynews.org and/or to the scene in general. Special thanks go to Abasio for being helpful and to Basilisk - your essentials guide is fantastic, particularly for a newcomer to the world of psychedelic music.

All the best.

You made it then? :)

Welcome!

Hi!

Back on the forums again. (been quite a while, eh?)

Anyways. First heard psy-trance in '94, Eat Static - Uforic Undulance being the first I think.

I used to produce psy-trace a few years back, had some gigs and even got some of it released. These days I mainly make ambient/chill stuff.