The Official Psynews Welcome(d) Topic

Penzoline

• 3 weeks later...

hello psy-guys-and-girls,

i'm from germany, finishing my anthropological and educational studies and need some more distraction from my final exams. after stalking this site for a long time, i got somehow disappointed with the review section, so i decided to do some practice for my english writing skills. a few hours ago i heard from a big raid at the ozora festival, so some greetings go to all you cops - FUCK YOU BASTARDS !!

cheers all !!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I all! I'm Michele, 26 from Milan

I'm new here and i'm also new in the psy scene (actually i've got astral projection stuff in my library for 10 years :P )

so, i live for electronic music since i was 15 and tekno and underground techno, acid, tribe is my daily bread... i was in ozora this august and my vision about this world is exploded in many ways

magic atmospheres, superb music, divine people, food for my eyes everywhere !

so, here i am, i'm sure that i have to learn a lot of thing, expecially in the music production and visual techs

I hope i can give you back all the stuff i'll learn

Sorry guys, my english is very poor :|

cheers ! :)

Hello and thanks a lot Drosophila ! :) the "other electronica" sub-forum it's really cool, i've just seen the 3d about tekno movement and given my 2 cents :)

• 3 months later...

Did i just posted on Psynews...? Oh my....

:lol: , No you didn't, psynews has been offline for years,

Probably your browser is still working on older cookies, and so is mine...

I could send you some cookies if you are looking for certain topics ;)

• 5 months later...

Shame on me - I discovered this thread just now. Somehow I must have overlooked it all the time. So, what can I say? I'm new. :P I've known about Psytrance for a couple of years, but for some reason didn't investigate the genre more closely until this year. Since then, I've been discovering a lot of great music and trying to learn about the history and culture of the Goa/Psytrance movement. I've been a music fanatic for many years, always in need to broaden my horizon, seek our new territory and discover hidden gems. That's why I've come to appreciate artists from very different fields of music over the years, but the vast majority of the music I like tends to be dark or melancholic in some way. To me, it's vital that music transports some sort of atmosphere as well as sincere emotions (even if its 'just' the artist's heartfelt creative need and drive transpiring). And music with an all-too uplifting mood annoys the hell out of me!

I'm a musician myself and I used to write a lot, but all my creative activities and projects have been on hold for a while due to frustration and stagnation. Other than that, I'm interested in a lot of things, including literature, film, psychology and languages. I also love to go on a hike every now and then to get some distance between myself and civilisation. And now I can't think of anything else because I'm tired - any questions, shoot!

then let me be the first (?) to welcome you d.leerium! I came back to the site posting often around when you joined. Only a few times in the last few years I have come here to browse or post. I plan to be more active now, too. 8) its nice to see a group of regulars on now-a-days.

I am an explorer of the psytrance universe, constantly diving into the intricate worlds crafted so delicately by our community. Aiming for new horizons, I search and review albums across the Darkpsy, Psycore, Tribal, Ambient, Drum n Bass, Glitch, IDM, Full-On, Progressive, Twilight, and other considerably psychedelic genres. I am currently working hard on writing a psytrance book that aims to express the visions and ideals of producers, listeners, and artists in the psychedelic trance movement from 1994 - Now. Passionate for the innovative, interested in the unexpected, and addicted to the magical, I dive deep into the realms of music to further understand the meanings behind the synthesizers. My goal is to help others discover new worlds and take them on a journey.

In other words, im a reviewer and producer of psytrance! And I LOVE it.

In other words, im a reviewer and producer of psytrance! And I LOVE it.

Its great to hear such a person exists especially in Arkansas. 8) I feel like Psytrance is an untouched area down there. Or no?

Its great to hear such a person exists especially in Arkansas. 8) I feel like Psytrance is an untouched area down there. Or no?

It is very untouched. Really, Psytrance is dead in 95% of the United States. Im a DJ at a local club downtown, so I am attempting to start a scene and introduce people to new horizons. I have been studying Psytrance for about a year now, as I have been studying electronic music since 2009.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

Finally I've managed to register to Psynews (my first attempt was ca. 2 years ago). I read this forum from the very beginning (free.fr times) and now hope to add some content too.

Welcome and have a nice stay :)

Hi all.

Finally I've managed to register to Psynews (my first attempt was ca. 2 years ago). I read this forum from the very beginning (free.fr times) and now hope to add some content too.

So then you were a long time lurker or LTL.

I believe nothing was wrong on my side.

I've created a new account, confirmed registration and then as far as I remember I was asked to wait for admin verification. But it never happened (I see I tried 4 times before) until now.