The Official Psynews Welcome(d) Topic

Penzoline

Hello. I'm an American who has spent a very large portion of my life in Japan. I was interested in Industrial music in the late 80's, and early 90's, and then was invited to this big ambient event on Izu. I had been into psychedelia for years, but nothing prepared me for meeting my "tribe".

Discovered Goa in 94, and never fully recovered.

I am a collector of good music, my classical CD collection being the largest, with Psytrance/Psybient/etc slowly climbing to the #1 spot. I've been collecting Goa trance since the end of 94.

Recently, I was in a very good mood, and was listening to older X-Dream, Delta, and Spirallianz and have become completely addicted to that sound, once again.

Anyways, I'm in a good mood now :P

• Like 1

while this post is completely unecessary;

ill reply anyway cus well, im chatty.

while i dont think spirallianz is much to hang in the tree, although ive yet to give him/them a fair chance, it is thru bias alone that Ive 'waited' so long to bother discovering them/him.

the delta and x-dream(talking about their mid-later sound) is very fine music indeed, and its an aquired taste that takes a while, but then youre hooked, and just as with fine dining - probably for life.

:)

• Like 1

You sir have some good taste there, especially The Delta :)

I agree 8)

while i dont think spirallianz is much to hang in the tree, although ive yet to give him/them a fair chance, it is thru bias alone that Ive 'waited' so long to bother discovering them/him.

the delta and x-dream(talking about their mid-later sound) is very fine music indeed, and its an aquired taste that takes a while, but then youre hooked, and just as with fine dining - probably for life.

:)

Indeed. You should really explore the Spirallianz sound while your ears are enhanced. There is some masterful work they have produced.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi there again folks :)

it's been a long time since i was participating here

Who are you? Explain! No kidding..I see you are with the same status as I am and all respect for your 10 years career out here! Welcome and have a great time!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody and thank you to those who welcomed me back in this forum i really appreciate it.

one love <3

filipe.

Hi, I'm Al [short for Alvin, hence the nickname]
I've been poking my nose in these boards for a while, mostly looking at the reviews of some albums. Thought I'd finally sign up.

I've been into goa for as long as I can remember, was around 8 when I first heard Koxbox's work and I've been hooked ever since, though, back then my access to music was very limited. I had 2 tapes [Yes, the old tapes!!]

that I managed to fill with some Koxbox/Miranda/Hallucinogen/Cosmosis/Man with no Name and probably some others too and play it back on the radio set I nicked from my neighbour.

Well, I had to listen to "normal music" when I was in school, cuz...you're not allowed to be different, you get the idea.

Been in trouble with bad lifestyle: drugs, thievery. I'm 25 now, I'm clean, attending uni and enjoying some good ol' goa while I'm at it ^_^

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

Hello! :)  My name is Artur and I'm from Poland.
I love Goa Trance, especially Shakta, Dimension 5, RA, Indoor, Astral Projection, Mystica, Cosmosis, California Sunshine etc. I also like other electronic genres like Psybient, Classic Trance, Hard Trance, old Techno, Dark Ambient, Noise etc.
Besides I love Classical and Traditional music. :)

• Like 2

Hello! :)  My name is Artur and I'm from Poland.

I love Goa Trance, especially Shakta, Dimension 5, RA, Indoor, Astral Projection, Mystica, Cosmosis, California Sunshine etc. I also like other electronic genres like Psybient, Classic Trance, Hard Trance, old Techno, Dark Ambient, Noise etc.

Besides I love Classical and Traditional music. :)

Hi there! I'm also Artur and also from Poland! :):D

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, my name is Maurice.

I first came into contact with Goatrance about 2 years ago when my friend

took me to a small OA in Berlin, by the Return of the Sun guys. I really liked

the party and decided to look up Goatrance classics, which led me to Alien Protein,

Twisted, Trust in Trance, Cosmology and other timeless classics that I fell in love with.

Seeing I was already much more into melodic music (Prog Rock/Metal among other genres) any

other any other genre of electronic music would probably have been either too boring (Proggy),

too intense (DnB) or both (Darkpsy) at the time.

Nowadays though I also listen to some techno, especially if its Acid, some Jungle, Neurofunk DnB and Breakbeat.

Since at the time I was 17 and really against smoking, especially tobacco, I only went to my first Goa-Party

last December, so I'm still rather new to the scene. This year I'm going to my first Goafestival - I'm definitely

going to Connection and maybe Lost in Time before that. (Corolle was the first Goa-Album I ever heard)

So see ya'll there! :D

Edit: Sorry for wall of retrospectively unnötig stuff :P

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Greetings Psydroids, 

I come from Planet Goa. Upon arriving in my flying saucer (which oscillates...) onto Earth I lost all memory of my previous endless lives. I then passed my blossoming childhood and quirky adolescence lost between neurons not entirely my own, yet on my way I was, was I? Oh, through Neptune's Valleys I swam, beyond the Gates of Oblivion and some other sides of the moon I gazed, but all those fragments were but the reminiscence of stars passed eons ago ... That is until I found the Cosmic Tribe, itself in (r)evolutions of its own, many of them seeking ways back to their homeworld and new hive minds, reconnecting with them Cydelikspace and Outer Realms. I had broken the spell Maya, Maia had welcomed me in its mystery! But ephemeral the dream ... 

I did reach the shores of my once native world again, yet vanishing it is. I was born as it was melting into Myths and Legend, morphing into ever new forms - not always representative of my beloved Home. My Ancestors' language was communicated to me still, I should dance, again and again, dance I should never end, past and future should they melt, dance I should ever bend ... 

Since my arrival on Earth, I live in the Country named France. Though I have trouble understanding linear time, I am aware the number that denominates me is 21 .... I went up the river after the Star Dancer showed me the way not so long ago and I guess that's all I can _really_°say 

'`'`°=*)"(<.:..::...:::]]/T\\\o|o///T°¤*§§"s;>-_-<"m°°..+...°D°xSxx°M°xSxx°T°xsSsx'k```L^¨^¨o§/;]@°[;\§o¨^¨^!µ!!---------- °   °          °`

• 3 months later...

I'm also back. You might have noticed? Sorry for cumming All over. Though as a member who's first contact into the world of psytrance community outside the local IRL environment, was here on psynews in 2001 (reading reviews), and I'm proud to come "home" after many years absent and no matter the style presented, or fashion.. show you what I've decided to released as my labels debut album (up from dust..); https://kaliearth.bandcamp.com/ - I love it but might be plenty biased since the title track was a present given to me and my event-management back in 2015 (i first now decided that fuck it, ill release it / help out Material Music and make the best result possible out of it ~ i believe in it). Material Music is a true spirited and good hearten LIVE performance musician. Tripper and dance friendly production. Pure music enjoyment as well.  Different, and familiar. An original artist. And *wuut*wuut*, I've also compiled the Love & Magic and made a complete album of it that in my biased opinion by now, sound like a worthy concept album worth your sonic dive. . The world being as pressured as it is, i know people are hard to get exited and supporting (money). But man oh woman, if you dive your head deep inside the music on the album - and hopefully the future releases (modern ahead). Aim is to always have the music available for free download as well as purchases to give that extra support needed for KER's mastering and growth. Other platforms will be reached when the releases are complete. So yeah, using Bandcamp as a base and letting it grow in front of our eyes. . 

Love

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Good day. Long time lurker, had an account but never posted before today. Been a fan of Goa Trance and Trance in general, and other forms of electronic music since the end of the nineties. I love the content of this forum, especially the reviews page. Talk to you later :) Take care. 

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, thanks for accepting my registration! I've previously been lurking and I'm glad to see forums like this still active. Life long music fan and DJ, these days I spin a lot of psychill, downtempo and global groove type of stuff. Looking forward to engaging in a little shameless self-promotion and..... you know, meeting new people, reading reviews, discovering parties, all that. :D

On an unrelated note I'm also part of SanJo Vintage Reggae Alliance and we run all vinyl vintage reggae, rocksteady and ska nights in the South Bay Area. 

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello everyone, new forum member here.

I'm pretty sure I've signed up to the Psynews forums before - a long, long time ago - but frankly I've no memory of what nickname I used and whether or to what extent I was posting actively at the time. Almost feels like a different era, so it does! I think I have to agree with the poster immediately above me - I've been a little annoyed with the music generally on more than one occasion in the past two decades (getting old, really) but these seem rather good times music-wise. I just noticed antic's topic on Eitan Reiter's recent Out of Orbit album, which for me was quite an exciting release.

Anyway, let's see if I manage to post a few more replies or threads in the time to come.

• Like 1