A really good DJ mix anyone?

qa2pir

I'd like to pick up psytrance again but don't know where to start, so I thought I might ask if anyone knows a really good, exciting and various DJ mix... Preferably it should cover several sub genres and be playful, but more specific focus is all right as well. I'm into darkpsy like Atriohm and prog like Neelix and Vibracoustics as for later psytrance, along with melodic full-on in the vein of Delirious Noon.

Thanks in advance ;)

You're asking for DJ mixes, so I might as well shamelessly promote my sets.

I would recommend listening to Radioactive Sound first. It covers a healthy psy territory that starts with more of a groove and bangs the rest of the way into some darker and heavier tracks. I think it's my personal best:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/59522-ziptnf-radioactive-sound-hypnotic-psytrance/

You can also read more reviews of that set here: http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=573871

I will have another set out this month that you may also enjoy. But before you listen to that one, click my signature and listen to Yin's Rampage.

I have no shame :P

stryder - spectral energy (87.8 MB)

Posted Image

TRACKLIST:

01. Masaray – Time Traveler of Trance

02. Psygasus – The Sea Is Dying

03. Jikkenteki – A Bowl Gruel World

04. C.O.P. – Alien Nation Part 2

05. Infected Mushroom – B.P.Empire

06. Slinky Wizard – People Like Us

07. Blue Planet Corp. – Open Sea

08. Pleiadians – Zeta Reticuli (Lazy Spiral Mix)

09. Artha – Mahabharta (Short Version)

10. Slinky Wizard – The Rising

11. Etnica – Shadow Dance

12. Agneton – Our Sky Is The Mind

13. Goalien – The Solar System

14. Chi-A.D. – Sacred Vision

87.7 mb | 79 minutes | 160 kbit p/s | 127-154 bpm

most diverse set in the catalogue :P i rly need to make more mixes, i got tons of ideas but no f*king time! you can spot my upcoming dj-mixes on my homepage

Guest nectarios

Here's approx. 70 minutes of Disco Hooligans having fun on Logic 8. A set full of 2010, unreleased tunes, performed for Mumbai's, Radio Schizoid.

http://soundcloud.com/disco-hooligans/disco-hooligans-2010-schizoid-radio-show

Here's more insight of what we did;

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2010/disco-hooligans-on-radio-schizoid

Peace out.

Hahaha, hes asking for a really good DJ Mix and everyone is just pushing their own stuff, hahaha... ;)

And yes this is not my doing, but nevertheless it's a good mix, maybe some shatters in...

Hahaha, hes asking for a really good DJ Mix and everyone is just pushing their own stuff, hahaha... ;)

Nothing wrong with that, especially if we think our own stuff is pretty good. I've already listened to PRS's set, it was really enjoyable!

Nothing wrong with that, especially if we think our own stuff is pretty good. I've already listened to PRS's set, it was really enjoyable!

C'mom people he's asking for something specific, like a 2hours set featuring vibrasphere, neelix, Delirious noon and Atrihom, this is pathetic cuz everyone think his/here mix is good enough, if you want to promote you mix find another place to do so cuz it's off topic here, and start searching the net for something real, some links to commercial Dj mixes that are really good, and post links please

C'mom people he's asking for something specific, like a 2hours set featuring vibrasphere, neelix, Delirious noon and Atrihom, this is pathetic cuz everyone think his/here mix is good enough, if you want to promote you mix find another place to do so cuz it's off topic here, and start searching the net for something real, some links to commercial Dj mixes that are really good, and post links please

so many commercial mixes suck. bad mixing or just pushing own releases in stead of selecting the very best. hes looking for new music so in stead of just recommending some artists to him, he can just listen to my or someone elses mix and hear what they think are the best (new) tracks + tracklist = nice.

But if you know any really awesome psy mixes let me know! i would love to hear live sets from artists like GNOTR, laughing buddha, MWNM etc...

Lots of mixes in the Dj promotion area. Haven't listened to any of them lately so I don't if they are any good. I like PRS mixes quite a lot because it kinda matches my taste. I will be postin' a mix too pretty soon I hope. ;)

Good thing you posted that in a huge size, otherwise I wouldn't have read it.

He clearly posted requesting sets with a variety of psy-styles, and that's exactly what we've provided him. He didn't specifically request Vibrasphere, Neelix, or Delirious Noon, he just said he likes stuff by those artists. He didn't even request that we post commercial sets, so why are you still bitching again? If you don't like the fact that 4 people posted their own mixes that they think are pretty good, then you missed the point of the thread.

Good thing you posted that in a huge size, otherwise I wouldn't have read it.

He clearly posted requesting sets with a variety of psy-styles, and that's exactly what we've provided him. He didn't specifically request Vibrasphere, Neelix, or Delirious Noon, he just said he likes stuff by those artists. He didn't even request that we post commercial sets, so why are you still bitching again? If you don't like the fact that 4 people posted their own mixes that they think are pretty good, then you missed the point of the thread.

hmmm looks like I'm the one who's off topic here,

nevertheless i think that this is not the proper place to do so (asking and posting mixes).

Thanks for defending me, but I really don't have a problem with people promoting their stuff. I'm just glad someone cared to answer at all.

Now playing Ziptnf's mix and it's sounding nice enough :)

The others are queued up (including the only external suggestion, from antic)

Btw, Vibracoustics, not Vibrasphere. Completely different thing! They seem to be quite unknown but Spotify has some of their stuff.

i've never even seen a mix that remotely comes close to the genres qa2pir requested, let alone heard one :P i've never heard a dj play proggy and forest in one dj-set at any party ever lol!

but i could pull it off i think, finding some prog, fullon, and forest in the same vein, heck as matter of fact, my dj subconscious is throwing me artist names and tracks right now! i'm thinking of cojurious one with some x-dream and scorb, and then find a link to forest music... anyway there's no time for it right now :P

i've never even seen a mix that remotely comes close to the genres qa2pir requested, let alone heard one :P i've never heard a dj play proggy and forest in one dj-set at any party ever lol!

but i could pull it off i think, finding some prog, fullon, and forest in the same vein, heck as matter of fact, my dj subconscious is throwing me artist names and tracks right now! i'm thinking of cojurious one with some x-dream and scorb, and then find a link to forest music... anyway there's no time for it right now :P

Dude, spend a few days building a tracklist when you think of a track, and throw it down in one go. I find that produces most excellent sets.