'Beyond The Infinite' Reissue

Novacron

I recently found this on psyshop: http://www.discogs.com/Juno-Reactor-Beyond-The-Infinite/release/2246959

I was just curious if anyone has had experience with this reissue? Is it remastered? The label (Barbarian Records?) seems to have no website or any information whatsoever about themselves or else I would have contacted them directly about this. Any info would be helpful, thanks guys!

I recently found this on psyshop: http://www.discogs.c...release/2246959

I was just curious if anyone has had experience with this reissue? Is it remastered? The label (Barbarian Records?) seems to have no website or any information whatsoever about themselves or else I would have contacted them directly about this. Any info would be helpful, thanks guys!

I have no clue, but even if it's not re-mastered then the original mastering is still very good, crisp and clean - no need to improve it really.

I have both barbarian's juno reactor reissues and both are not remastered, but don't sound bad.

When i first got them i was wondering if these are bootleg & unofficial, since there isn't any label info or kataloque print.

Looks like an underground effort, not bad. I wish there would be more.

The label is Barbarian Inc, or Barbarian Inc. (with the dot)

The correct label for that CD (and also Transmissions reissue) is this but has been wrongly named on discogs.

As for the reissue the original is still widely available at fair prices thanx also to multiple editions originally and a previous reissue so if it was necessary I don't know.

Remastering would ruin it probably, the original sounds so good ;)

Here's a reply from Ben Watkins himself:

Hi

It is a juno Label, and it is a new mastering. I hope you enjoy it.

Ben

-

I don't know but I thought the release could have been a little bit more crisp in some areas, but nonetheless the original does sound great compared to it's original release date ;)

I guess I will have to see for myself, interesting!

Hi

Ben

-

I don't know but I thought the release could have been a little bit more crisp in some areas, but nonetheless the original does sound great compared to it's original release date ;)

I've bought the first 2 Juno reissues. There is nothing on the booklet that indicates it has been remastered. It could have been helpful to put the remastering credits somewhere on the back sleeve of the CD. Anyway if Ben says it has been remastered it'll probably be the case.

Hi

Ben

-

Ohh so it's Juno Reactors own label? Well that's good to know, the whole thing seemed a bit.. iffy.

The label is Barbarian Inc, or Barbarian Inc. (with the dot)

The correct label for that CD (and also Transmissions reissue) is this but has been wrongly named on discogs.

Yes, probably it's the same label that released Gods & Monsters, but on both reissues' disc print is written: Made in the EU. Stereo R & C 2009 Barbarian Records

although it's for sure not the metal/core label submitted wrongly in discogs.

I don't have the old editions, but i made a comparison with some tracks i have in compilations of that time (for Beyond the Infinite) and it is slenderly remastered. The sound volume is slightly a shade lower and a bit clearer, a little more tight to be exactly.

Mailed Ben himself yesterday, and instantly got back with the answer. Label is "Barbarian Inc."

The discs have Barbarian Records printed on them but as per his email there's only 1 label, "Barbarian Inc."

I'll fix the discs on discogs.