1200 Micrograms - Gramology

Jaszi

Posted Image

1200 Micrograms -- Gramology (Tip World Rec.)

Info:

Artist: 1200 Micrograms

Album: Gramology

Label: Tip World

Style: Psychedelic/Full On

Rel.Date: 29.09.2010

So where should I start...

I excepted very much from this album, becouse I started psy with the early albums of 1200 mics.

The whole album got something rebirth feeling, something 2010 in it. Fast full-on tones, which quickly morph into Psychedelic climaxes and stand-outs.

01. Africa:

When I started the album with this, I thought OMG this will just another money making release. You can listen Africa, but you won't see elephants and lions from this one. ;)

2/5

02. C of Tranquility:

The title speaks about this track. Soundy full-on but you can feel some kind of peace in it with the classical 1200 mics flute. But for the bad ending this track only get

3/5

03. Cling on:

Cling on want to make a very different approach to psy from the other tracks. You think it will melt your face, but.... When you reach 4:25 I think the whole concept blows up with a bad ending of a climax.

3/5

04. The Japanese Experiment:

When you think of Japan you think of future design, never heard techs and noises, well this track has all of them. But again with Cling on, I don't know what is this track doing on Gramology. I just can't understand what they wanted with this one.

3/5

05. Ecstasy Part 2:

Not that's what I call 1200 mics. This track is a remix of the good old Ecstasy which was kinda good back in 2002 and I think the guys worked very hard on this one.

4/5

06. Let it Roll

I was waiting for this one, how could they end the album after all this tracks. And I have to say Let it Roll is my fav track on Gramology, fast, wicked psy with pumping full-on on the backside. Perfect ending

5/5

All in all, it's not a very bad album, if you just want some background music it's totally good for that. There are lot of instruments in the music, it's keeps it pumping but when you want to listen it carefully you will find lot of mistakes. Especially when they want to pump the rhythm after climaxes, they just can't make it good.

I give a 3 for 5 for this.

PS: In my opinion, cover could win the worst covers of the week topic.

So that's really the cover, huh? :lol: I think I need to give this a listen, might the saddest stuff ever :rolleyes:

Actually no, try to think of it as "Future saddest stuff", this stuff is more original than the cover (ie you wont find anything like it)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they act like veterans but the music is totally new,

hey keep improvising wich is cooooooool, never stop the creativity