Alien Jesus - new GMS and Space Tribe project

pr0fane

Alienated Buddha was incredible...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i knew that the last esp album was a cheesefest and that gms' output has been horrible in the last few years, but tbh i didn't expect this to be nearly as bad as it really is. come on, they can't be serious? and what kind of label accepts such shit music? plus that cheesy name and that cover don't make it any better...

Let's see if it has all the stereotypes of "psychedelic" music.

UFO? Check.

Alien Head? Check.

Multiple appendages on God-like figure? Yep.

Single all seeing eye? Oh yeah.

Stringing together 2 words that don't belong together? You bet.

I haven't heard any of it, but when you try this hard it usually ends in disappointment. C'mon, Olli, you should know better than this. GMS needs a cowbell around his neck to warn of his approach.

Hehe good one.

• 9 months later...

LOL they have a music video!

Holy mother of god that was funny :lol:

(and a little bit embarrassing, a little bit too much actually...)

I can't believe I'm wasting 30 seconds of my life just to comment on this shite video.

lucky you. i've wasted nearly 5 minutes watching the whole video. i was too awestruck from all the crappyness and cheesyness, that i couldn't just close it :)

I really don't like Pop trance! Posted Image

I wonder if anyone that actually likes Pop music is waiting for this kind of trance...

I doubt it... Most pop music contains a higher quality then this album.

lucky you. i've wasted nearly 5 minutes watching the whole video. i was too awestruck from all the crappyness and cheesyness, that i couldn't just close it :)

Oh guys! You definitely will not agree with me, but it`s NOT a bad video, and Alien Jesus not a lame project. BUT!!! Only if not looking to psytrance ego of Ollie Wisdom. I think all this stuff and image comes from "The Specimen" times, as we can see it`s a very important alter ego of Ollie.

Posted Image

I am talking about famous goth band Specimen (or The Specimen) from UK, where Ollie Wisdom is a front-man since 1982 to nowadays. I think he just want to refresh old times a little, with a touch of modern pop-disco-guitar shit :P:P:P

Here is a some links

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Specimen

Old clips (early 80-s) - what a freaks!!!

It`s all bloody GOTHS!!! :lol:

Oh guys! You definitely will not agree with me, but it`s NOT a bad video, and Alien Jesus not a lame project. BUT!!! Only if not looking to psytrance ego of Ollie Wisdom. I think all this stuff and image comes from "The Specimen" times, as we can see it`s a very important alter ego of Ollie.

Posted Image

I am talking about famous goth band Specimen (or The Specimen) from UK, where Ollie Wisdom is a front-man since 1982 to nowadays. I think he just want to refresh old times a little, with a touch of modern pop-disco-guitar shit :P:P:P

Here is a some links

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Specimen

Old clips (early 80-s) - what a freaks!!!

It`s all bloody GOTHS!!! :lol:

IMO the music got little to to do with Goth (The styling is Goth'ish though but could just as well be New Romantics). IMO at most its Glam Rock but It was also called "New Wave" as it all melted together in the 80's. It's actually not that bad if you as me lived through the 80's and was a dedicated New Wave Dj. But also not the best I've heard ;)

As for Alien Jesus. God grief this is utterly crap!

As for Alien Jesus. God grief this is utterly crap!

I can understand you opinion. Cannot say this is crap, but it`s exactly something weird and stupid, and looks like a joke. :wacko: No matter what Ollie & GMS wanted to say, the result is pity. Not my music, and not a psytrance, of course. :huh:

PS: Oh, I am not expert, and not evolved much into Goth`s culture. I have only read Ollie`s bio some years ago, and about Specimen is a goth band. But agree, their music is more rock influenced. :)

I can understand you opinion. Cannot say this is crap, but it`s exactly something weird and stupid, and looks like a joke. :wacko: No matter what Ollie & GMS wanted to say, the result is pity. Not my music, and not a psytrance, of course. :huh:

PS: Oh, I am not expert, and not evolved much into Goth`s culture. I have only read Ollie`s bio some years ago, and about Specimen is a goth band. But agree, their music is more rock influenced. :)

Of course it's not crap if a person is into this kind of music. Production wise its very good. But why do I call it crap? Simply because it got every horrible cliche attached to it. It's flooded with Euro Trance Hands in the Air riffs, Peace & Love, Spritual mumbo jumbo, Religious references, Alien cliches and Oli singing quite horrible trough vocoders (That trend died in the late 90's with Cher) . To me it can't be any worse.I doubt it was ever a joke to GMS and Mr. Oli. I am sure they think this is the (Ibiza) shit and predict they can milk the Cow and play for 10.000's in Mexico (I am sure they are right) ;)

Of course it's not crap if a person is into this kind of music. Production wise its very good. But why do I call it crap? Simply because it got every horrible cliche attached to it. It's flooded with Euro Trance Hands in the Air riffs, Peace & Love, Spritual mumbo jumbo, Religious references, Alien cliches and Oli singing quite horrible trough vocoders (That trend died in the late 90's with Cher) . To me it can't be any worse.I doubt it was ever a joke to GMS and Mr. Oli. I am sure they think this is the (Ibiza) shit and predict they can milk the Cow and play for 10.000's in Mexico (I am sure they are right) ;)

I think you`re quite right, especially about "milk the cow... Ibiza shit...". THE BUSINESS. Cannot say more...

Damn, those samples are boring. I don't mind listening to clubby, commercial, hands in the air "psy"trance. Depending on my mood I even love it. I also love vocals, house influences or cheesy samples. But this is just, well I don't know even what to call it. Boring to my ears, that's for sure.

• 4 weeks later...