Alien Jesus - new GMS and Space Tribe project

pr0fane

Apparently GMS and Space Tribe have teamed up and made the project Alien Jesus, and they've just released an album:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/stm/stm1cd009.html

I don't know what to say really. GMS have made incredibly cheesy music over the years, but this is so much over the top that it makes me wonder if they're really being sarcastic and taking the piss on everyone. What do you think? :)

Posted Image

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently GMS and Space Tribe have teamed up and made the project Alien Jesus, and they've just released an album:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/stm/stm1cd009.html

I don't know what to say really. GMS have made incredibly cheesy music over the years, but this is so much over the top that it makes me wonder if they're really being sarcastic and taking the piss on everyone. What do you think? :)

Posted Image

I think this is SHIT !!! :lol:

What the hell is that? :huh:

I first ckecked the tonus diabolicus track and I thought 'it's cheesy, but not that bad' and then I checked the rest of the tracks and I almost vomitted.

I should expect that from GMS, but not from Olli.

hrm .. Alien Jesus .. E´nuff said I think.

Haven´t checked the music so I guess I should keep my mouth shut even though it is my opinion.

Want good music (imo) with same directed name? Check out Alienated Buddha

;)

Peace and Love

Let's see if it has all the stereotypes of "psychedelic" music.

UFO? Check.

Alien Head? Check.

Multiple appendages on God-like figure? Yep.

Single all seeing eye? Oh yeah.

Stringing together 2 words that don't belong together? You bet.

I haven't heard any of it, but when you try this hard it usually ends in disappointment. C'mon, Olli, you should know better than this. GMS needs a cowbell around his neck to warn of his approach.

I listened to the samples and uh.. yeah it sounds terrible. Cheap full-on with really REALLY bad "vocals".

It makes me sad when I think about the old tracks like Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep and Space tribe's Sonic Mandala album..

I just can't believe that they like this album themselves.. :D

I listened to the samples and uh.. yeah it sounds terrible. Cheap full-on with really REALLY bad "vocals".

It makes me sad when I think about the old tracks like Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep and Space tribe's Sonic Mandala album..

I just can't believe that they like this album themselves.. :D

I agree :D

at first, when i seen the cover i thought, nice photoshop work, someone is making a joke about gms again.. but then i clicked the link and see it was real.

i listened to the samples and well: you guys already said everything.

pop trance? 80s mixed with cheesy puffs, next move i expect Madonna to collaborate with gms :).

funny stuff.

tragically true.

but hey, 90s are over since a decade, i guess we should respect the attempt to rejuvenate this music and its imaginary.

I am not long enough in the Psy scene to know all of GMS's stuff, but I do like his 2010 remix of Astrix' "Eye To Eye" for example. It may be pretty simple or boring for the hardcore guys out of you, but I like the high quality production and structure.

However what the hell is this Alien Jesus thing? I mean, like, seriously?

Ormion's avatar represents pretty well what I looked like after hearing through the samples. I actually laughed out loud when I heard that "Lucy In The Sky" track, so that my brother came into my room to ask what is going on.

at first, when i seen the cover i thought, nice photoshop work, someone is making a joke about gms again.. but then i clicked the link and see it was real.

i listened to the samples and well: you guys already said everything.

pop trance? 80s mixed with cheesy puffs, next move i expect Madonna to collaborate with gms :).

funny stuff.

tragically true.

but hey, 90s are over since a decade, i guess we should respect the attempt to rejuvenate this music and its imaginary.

come on fed did u shed a tear, i did, space tribe has been the last old schooler i have been still digging right up till the esp project (loved the first album but that was it) boris lost me after cosmic universe esp exception, and as for gms, 1200 mics debut blew me away but that was it between growly and that............... nah

man those guys must be on another planet, that cheesy poppy shit better not have come out of byron as it may spew all over the scene here (even though its almost dead) but i gonna revive the goa scene here this summer (practise practise)

I tried to listen to this "thing" and I think this is a joke and also a test. A test to see how many people buy it and thus, how dumb people can be.

Musically speaking this is so bad you could cry.

You know I always believed that the last 1200 Mics was a joke. I mean a real joke.

Something like a parody. I refuse to believe that someone would make such ubercheesy music just because he likes it.

Maybe Alien Jesus is a practical joke by GMS and Olli and right now they're laughing with our comments?

I mean ok, gms have a criminal past, but Olli's music no matter how cheesy has been it still has some dignity.

GMS probably Space Bribed Olli for this one.

Can't wait for the Remix album, Alien Jesus left the Building, which is gonna be so much better.

I tried to listen to this "thing" and I think this is a joke and also a test. A test to see how many people buy it and thus, how dumb people can be.

Musically speaking this is so bad you could cry.

can't agree more. i hope this is aimed to 13 years old childs liking pop music and discovering trance :)