Best Psy Album

NEMO.BOFH

So, OMG, Nemo is back! :) Well, whatever, i just wanted to share something with yall after being idle for so long as I have been (does not matter, why, but life has changed a lot)

i took some serious time to listen to some old and new psy. I listened for a long time, I listened very intensively, and I listened with an ear that was way more open than it used to be. The albums that I ended up listening to the most were:

Etnica - Alien Protein

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

X-Dream - Radio

(and believe me, I was listening to about 200 albums before I chose the 3 above)

Now, all those are great, but the one that I really fell for is Planet BEN.

Reasoning for this, its heavy, its intelligent, it makes you ears go crazy with the basslines, it is acid, it is psy, it is TRIPPY. It has what I would like to have from a psy album, it has everything. For me, its kind of "dark psy" but on the the other hand its very melodic, and not so dark.

What is your take? What is the ultimate album by an artist for you? (psy that is)

Kind regards people!

Nemo

Yeah, I will contribute to this topic as well, after a long time, just out of fun, since I very rarely listen to psy trance past few years...

And after all these years I realized that next 5 albums I simply cannot stop listening and are absolutely timeless...

BLUE PLANET CORPORATION - BLUE PLANET

BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS - TWIN SHARKFINS

MFG - PROJECT GENESIS

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

MIDI MILIZ - NON STANDARDS

All these 5 albums have very strong entrancing effect on my brain, they just never get tiring...

....being dark, massive, and very psychedelic... cream crop of psychedelic trance, except of Non Standards which is just plain fun. xD

Actually a nice one, but does not come close to my standards... been falling in love with some of that stuff lately though...

Yeah, I will contribute to this topic as well, after a long time, just out of fun, since I very rarely listen to psy trance past few years...

And after all these years I realized that next 5 albums I simply cannot stop listening and are absolutely timeless...

BLUE PLANET CORPORATION - BLUE PLANET

BATTLE OF THE FUTURE BUDDHAS - TWIN SHARKFINS

MFG - PROJECT GENESIS

UX - ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

MIDI MILIZ - NON STANDARDS

All these 5 albums have very strong entrancing effect on my brain, they just never get tiring...

....being dark, massive, and very psychedelic... cream crop of psychedelic trance, except of Non Standards which is just plain fun. xD

One album mate :) One!

VA - Psy Stories 3

so far... but I have a lot to listen to still

I said Artist Album, and yeah, a VA can be it as well, but the topic is one artist. I have not yet listened to what you posted, so I will in the next few days :)

Planet B.E.N. - Screwdriver

love this track from your fav, exactly my taste, slow and delicious.

Dont really know the rest of the album actually.

And Etnica is one of my few fav old school artist.

Actually a nice one, but does not come close to my standards... been falling in love with some of that stuff lately though...

You like a Kindzadza album? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL NEMO?

Hello to nemo and seraph. We missed you guys.

About the topic I have to say IFO.

If I make a top 10 (may I?) in randor order would be something like this:

Pleidians-IFO

Filteria-Sky Input

Twisted System-The Dealers

Twisted System-Core

Shift-Excession

Infected Mushroom-The Gathering

Astral projection-Trust In Trance

Astral Projection-The Astral Files

Psygone-Optimystique

Pleiadinas-Family Of Light

Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Pleiadians - Family Of Light

Sandman - Witchcraft

Sienis - From A Nutter Perspective

Total Eclipse - Violent Relaxation

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

Would probably be my favourite psy albums....of all of these I might say GNoTR is top of the list but then I am sure that I'll disagree with myself tomorrow.

It's pretty much impossible to name THE best album, at least imo. My taste shifts from time to time and thus my rating of some albums. So I'll have to make a decision that not only considers the music, but also the influence it had on me. Therefore it can only be an Astral Projection album, because AP got me interested in this music in the first place.

So, choosing between "Trust In Trance", "Dancing Galaxy" and "Another World", I'll stick with

Trust In Trance

The tracklist is nothing short of stunning.

Green Nuns Of The Revolution - Rock Bitch Mafia

Yah this is the one. It's unique, versatile, and has a very rare quality - there's no filler or "just good" tracks. It's near perfect from start to finish and that makes it stand out.

The old albums has such sentimental value that it's hard to not include them. So let's say I got stuck on an island with only one album :)

I'll go with Loud - Some Kind Of Creativity or Artifakt - Artifakts II. That's right. I went there.

first of all welcome back nemo u must have had a baby its been that long!

just 1 are u f#@kin kidding! i have about 100 number ones (as do others)

would have to be

cosmosis - cosmology

but so close is green nuns and ifo

thees 3 have everything i ever need including food water and a roof over my head

dance every day!!

This is really hard, naming only one. But I'm going to confirm the HUGE cliche... It's IFO. It's just IFO. The only albums that maybe come close are Rock bitch Maffia from Gnotr and Alien Protein from Etnica, but I have NEVER ever heard an album that is so utterly alien in it's approach yet so complete, intense and psychedelic as IFO. Time and time again I have put myself to the test and asked myself if this is really it but I just keep on coming back to it, and every time again it blows me away. Each time I put on the record it's like the sweetest homecoming you can imagine. This is true goa trance and also psy trance. This is classical music from millennia into the future. This is, and it's rather hard for me to say that, because I am a really down-to-earth kinda guy, something that transcends music in general. Or maybe, just maybe, this is the true essence of music.

In any case, it is my favorite album, and the best I have ever heard.

My all time favorite would be I.F.O. by the Pleiadians.

However, to my ears the most properly psychedelic and outer worldly tripped out album is most definitely Planet B.E.N.'s Trippy Future Garden. It's one of those albums where I reckon every second is worth hearing out! When I think of the term 'psy trance', that is the album which first pops into my mind. One other thing is, I get the most out of it when listening to it in my bed room, stretched out on the couch. It's not an album I can imagine dancing to.

It is no surprise that my all time favourite album is..........

I.F.O. by the Pleiadians.

For sure... IF.O single handedly blew all other competition out of the frame.

There is nothing like that one (...closest i can think of is: Sky Input by Filteria)

cheeeers!! :)

My all time favorite would be I.F.O. by the Pleiadians.

However, to my ears the most properly psychedelic and outer worldly tripped out album is most definitely Planet B.E.N.'s Trippy Future Garden. It's one of those albums where I reckon every second is worth hearing out! When I think of the term 'psy trance', that is the album which first pops into my mind. One other thing is, I get the most out of it when listening to it in my bed room, stretched out on the couch. It's not an album I can imagine dancing to.

whats most amazing about trippy future garden is when it was made!!

surpases all the classic by considerable years

• 3 weeks later...