Best Psy Album

NEMO.BOFH

• 3 weeks later...

This is one of those impossible to answer questions, 'cause they are a handful of impossibly good albums that which are impossible to compare... But its still fun to try and answer. So the best would be one of these I hazard...

From Goa trance - Trust in Trance, Alien Protein, I.F.O., Blue Planet, Twisted, Silicon Trip, Beyond the Infinite, Cosmology

From whatever psy I've heard maybe - Uncanny Beats, Dragon Tales, Sigilweaver, In Memory of Love

• 5 years later...

Bumping this one, for you friend.

I concur, X-Dream, Etnica and Planet BEN are for sure the tippiest best album ever made. I know these were your beloved and I play them in your memory.

see you sometimes up there

• Like 1

impossible to name best album

impossible to name 5 best albums

so many differences and so many unique moods and perspectives

such rich sounds and luscious vibrations

each unique to the energy and mood for the time it is played

not clear instructions in the op.

psy isnt really fair, because of the generalising,

i would most happily tell you for example Psytrance (commonly referred to Psy), Goatrance, progressive and fullon.

psy way too broad.

this is not a critic but i cannot answer until that is cleared up.

If you do mean psy as in the psytrance style of pystrance; then i dont have any "best ones". The closest would probably be IM - BP.Empire - although thats too far into Goa, to be considered real psy.

In honesty, VERY few artists make music that are just "psy" as in more cases or not -

they can be anywhere from dark forest to progressive psytrance.

I hope I was clear on that the question wasnt complete.

By the way - how in the world would someone consider etnica and cosmosis??? etnica is (for the most part) goatrance, and their lastest albums were indeed psy, but that is STILL not a genre.

Cosmosis has never produced any psy, what so ever. He has made goa, progressive, fullon.

Vibrasphere for example is progressive goa and progressive psy.

so asking favorite psy album i suppose you meant ALL psychedelic music and not just the "psy" style of a handful of artists.

And in that regard then yes, planet ben trippy future garden comes to mind, so does Noosphere - Radiated.

Cosmosis has never produced any psy, what so ever. He has made goa, progressive, fullon.

I beg to disagree (big time)? He's music is on the verge of what you'd call "classic psytrance" already on 'Synergy' and the whole album 'Intergalactic' (2000) is a prime example of psytrance before the genre ventured into full-on schematics.

I beg to disagree (big time)? He's music is on the verge of what you'd call "classic psytrance" already on 'Synergy' and the whole album 'Intergalactic' (2000) is a prime example of psytrance before the genre ventured into full-on schematics.

Yes, the big majority of tracks in Intergalactic are psytrance, and on Synergy at least 2 tracks are, Fluoro funkster and Turn on tune in.

On topic, very saddened by the news of a man leaving this world way too early. X-dream mentioned by Nemo (Radio) is one of the best psytrance albums of all time I reckon. Very well produced and a milestone in the scene.

intergalactic is actually goatrance and to be exact, progressive goatrance.

calling it psy would automatically void the facts of the actual genre.

so to call it psy is not wrong per se - its just too general and most tracks people consider just "psy" might very well be so, but it in almost all cases are in fact of another subgenre.

Im still racking my brain on which albums I have that I just would call MISC PSY.

I.e Psy that is just psy.

However, I had to know if this is actually what he meant, or if he meant psy as in psychedelic trance.

and if the latter the topic is redundant.

and if its the first there arent many. Converting Vegetarians Trance cd im positive most just call psy.

And thats not wrong, becuase of course its psy - bit it has an actual technical real definition.

its progressive goa, goa, psy.

IM the supervisor is all goa and progressive goa with some fullon elements.

yahel - bizarre contact i think i would label psy.

For The People while the influence is without a doubt goa, I can strech as far as to clearing this for passage, as a psy album

¨

my favorite, MWNN - interstate highway - while it has heavy progressive goa influences - am I also ok to label Psy.

There is no one clear truth, since the style is unique.

so psy.

akanoid, while its alot of deephouse, progressive trance, its just too doffirent to be able to clairify it as one true genre.

also Noosphere - Carpe noctem.

x-dream - radio fits alot too. but still too many heavy influence to not disregard them, id be ok att labeling it psy, or as it rather should be referred to as "undefined psy", or "misc psy".

The it would make sense.

And like I said, if op mean psy as in psytrance then the topic would by default become redundant, as lists of our favorite albums exists in threads not long ago.

That is what lead me to quiestion the op - to know what he meant.

intergalactic is actually goatrance and to be exact, progressive goatrance.

calling it psy would automatically void the facts of the actual genre.

I can't make a decent argumentation here with you as I can't even understand the point you're trying to make ('voiding the facts'). I'll give you the freedom of opinion to call 'Intergalactic' progressive goa if that's how you perceive it. However, by normal standards of progressive psytrance, it's a bold statement. On 'Intergalactic' the tracks are around 144-145 bpm, making it way too fast to be labelled as progressive. In fact, it's one of the albums I could recommend if somebody ought to ask me for 'classic psytrance'.

Btw, even Etnica has made a lot of 'classic psytrance'. I'm sorry to say this astralprojection, but just happen to think your opinions are on this subject are something I can't quite fathom.

:o Best Psy album? THE best you mean? @Rasalom.

Nothing Lasts... is a perfect album. For me, the best psychedelic album of all time.

I can't make a decent argumentation here with you as I can't even understand the point you're trying to make ('voiding the facts'). I'll give you the freedom of opinion to call 'Intergalactic' progressive goa if that's how you perceive it. However, by normal standards of progressive psytrance, it's a bold statement. On 'Intergalactic' the tracks are around 144-145 bpm, making it way too fast to be labelled as progressive. In fact, it's one of the albums I could recommend if somebody ought to ask me for 'classic psytrance'.

Btw, even Etnica has made a lot of 'classic psytrance'. I'm sorry to say this astralprojection, but just happen to think your opinions are on this subject are something I can't quite fathom.

cactually progressive goa is different from progressive psy. but lets leave it at that.

cactually progressive goa is different from progressive psy. but lets leave it at that.

You're right. Progressive goa is something along the lines of Planet BEN's "trippy future garden" or Shiva Chandra's "spicy moments" but not Intergalactic. But sure, let's drop the discussion for now.

Cosmosis never made psytrance? And "Intergalactic" is progressive goa? :huh:

Now I've heard it all... :lol:

Regarding the topic of best psychedelic trippy trance album, this will forever - for me - be a tie between Koxbox "Dragon Tales" and Cosmosis "Synergy". They're both so intricate, so full of sonic patchworks and mind-bending aural patterns everything that came before or after fades in comparison.

• Like 1

progressive goatrance: an evolved genre so far, it hade to be changed into multiple subgenres.

Intergalactic is indeed evolved goa t rance and per deifnition.

Vibrapshere is also only trance. But ofte psycdelic but mailnly progresse psytrance so there it fits.

I would also debate that the laste astral album was too psy"ish" for my tase so got bored esely.

Dragon Dales youre right, its psy.

Another great Psy artists is much of later Yahel, but that would also be considered progoressive goa.

Aural Planet has quite a few progressive style goatrance "psy" tracks. (yes i realise how nitpicking and completely obssessed with it, and im such a genre nerd)

my psy album is hard to pick.

well, in the 2000-2005 progressive goa emerged.

people were tired of goa and minimal deeptrance and progressive sounds emerged.

at that time goatrance produced didnt want to just leave goa altogether- so they followed suit by creating goatrance (in the way we know it)

perfect example of progressive goa: interstate highway, digital forward (can be discussed) carpe noctem, and many infected.

TLDR

Trance evolved into many subgenres. Most of these suggenres morphed into niches.

well, in the 2000-2005 progressive goa emerged.

people were tired of goa and minimal deeptrance and progressive sounds emerged.

at that time goatrance produced didnt want to just leave goa altogether- so they followed suit by creating goatrance (in the way we know it)

perfect example of progressive goa: interstate highway, digital forward (can be discussed) carpe noctem, and many infected.

TLDR

Trance evolved into many subgenres. Most of these suggenres morphed into niches.

oh my

infected mushroom progressive goa

i never even knew progressive goa was an actual genre - but this post confused me a lot

intergalactic by cosmosis is not progressive at all

my favourite psy album is probably logic bomb sonic algebra

a bit full on at times but psytrance most of the time

• 2 weeks later...

too bored to go into discussion

anyway

if i didnt say it already

noosphere . carpe noctem is prob my fav osy album, even if some people like to label it goatrance.

yahels first album i would also considered psy more so than goa

even first shiva shidapu album more psy than goa

Progressive Goatrance is before neo goa was born and goa was dead.

i,e mostly poor stuff.