Eric Prydz is making... psytrance?

Lemmiwinks

I think EVERYONE knows Eric Prydz for his remix of Call On Me... anyway, I was listening the radio and stumble on a GREAT psy track (already a surprise to hear psytrance played on daytime radio...), I hear that the track is by some mysterious "Pryda"... and a check on discogs shows me that it's none other than the "non-commercial" alter-ego of Eric Prydz!

anyway, it is a GREAT tune, I'm happy to see some mainstream names showing interest in our scene ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qwu1TWeZfA

I don't like these mainstream names :angry: , but i like this track (especially the beginning strings) :lol:

This is not exactly psytrance but rather some progressive techno dub+low-FX. Simple and efficient

I wouldn't call this track psytrance (not that it matters though) - just good music.

If you look beyond major radio hits like "Call On Me", "Pjanoo" and his remixes of Calvin Harris "Flashback", Faithless "Not Going Home" and Pink Floyds "The Wall" - "Proper Education" (well, they are actually all very good compared to most mainstream club tracks to be honest) Eric Prydz has been making amazing tracks for many years on the progressive house scene as Pryda as well as his more techno-oriented project Cirez D.

My favorites are "RYMD", "Armed", "Frankfurt" and last but certainly not least: his remix of Paolo Mojo "1983". A 12 minute long masterpiece :)

Old news I guess. Pryda has been rocking clubs across the european continent with this sound, along with his Cirez D alias (as someone already pointed out) years before Call On Me became the official challenger to Danzel's Pump It Up as the track which can actually repeat the same phrase over and over again beyond anyone's possibility of counting...

Kidding. A few friends of mine have been to his gig a few years back, and they were positively surprised. They expected to get drunk listening to 28 remixes of Call On Me, but instead heard a two hour plus set of deep progressive grooves. I wasn' there though. [DC] was playing elsewhere the same night, so we were there.

• 4 weeks later...

really nice track

I like it ... and what appears to be the B-side of that record (M.S.B.O.Y.) is great too...

I never pictured Eric Prydz to be an interesting artist, I hate Call On Me :P

really nice track

I like it ... and what appears to be the B-side of that record (M.S.B.O.Y.) is great too...

I never pictured Eric Prydz to be an interesting artist, I hate Call On Me :P

yeah me too but this tack is awesome, deep groovy prog.

I left the house scene because i couldn't find theses track anymore, so i guess this track just made my day :D

Guest nectarios

RYMD, Horizons and Odyssey are proper bangers...not to mention the Mousville Theme.

Lots of shite tunes along the good ones on that Pryda & Friends label tho...

• 5 months later...

His productions has always lacked a certain professionalism in especially sound quality. I liked a few of this tunes but overall I find him overrated and an artist mainly pushed forward by Beatport who according to inside rumors (by certain people working at Beatport in Berlin) added him to the top downloads without actually selling enough to be there.

I like the honesty and indeed the humour in the thread. I do agree that generally we are all chasing links, hence the comments. Although occasionally we all comment on sites simply because we have a real empathy with the subject matter. :rolleyes: