younger brother new album "vaccine"

technosomy

On a side note, what's up with the God Particle being branded Shpongle? It's Si and Benji. Shpongle is Raja and Si. Did Simon just say "fuck it?"

The style of it maybe?

I also hate Safety in Numbers on this album. Mumbly crap :mad:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a side note, what's up with the God Particle being branded Shpongle? It's Si and Benji. Shpongle is Raja and Si. Did Simon just say "fuck it?"

Easier to sell I suppose?

It feels more like Shpongle to me than Ineffable anyway..

Go figure. everything is "psy" as long as the artists once made psytrance. Even prog. house is being promoted as psytrance and the artists still perform at psytrance festivals playing prog.house and some sort of techno/full-on'ish clone (I prefer real techno thank you). No wonder this scene is in a state of confusion these days :)

I listened to the new Younger Brother and well it's OK but seriously I don't think it's anything special. IMO there are similar bands out there way better at what they do. But from an artists point of view I understand them. It's always very nice to explore new grounds and I will argue that I rather see them make a somehow mediocre Jam Band album than repeating themselves eternally.

Playing different styles has imho nothing to do with confusion but with opening up. Playing prog-house, minimal, techno mixed with progressive psy during daytime is not that uncommon here.

But Psyshop's labeling of the releases is another thing. It's just :lol::lol::lol::excl::o:blink:

Playing different styles has imho nothing to do with confusion but with opening up. Playing prog-house, minimal, techno mixed with progressive psy during daytime is not that uncommon here.

I am very open-minded when it come to music (except for a few obvious genres I simply dislike - taste is taste).

My point is that it's weird and IMO false marketing and a direct lie to label everything under the psytrance umbrella. If I go to a House party I expect to dance and listen to House music and I can assure you so does the rest of people at a House party. They would get into a full blown riot if the organizer lied to them. In the same way if I go to a psytrance party or festival (when the organizer promote it as a psytrance event) I expect to dance and listen to psytrance and not wannabe House Techno etc. I call it false marketing. Simple as that.

Now if the organizers would call it "A Festival with multi genres such as House, Techno and Psytrance" then it would be a honest way of describing and selling the event. But then I am sure they would lose some of the psytrance customers who suddenly realize it's no longer a festival or party with psytrance and I know they wont be able to attack those who are into real the real house and techno scenes. Unless they start to book the big names from those scenes and then we kind of lost the whole idea of the psytrance scene and its existence ;)

Yes, obviously. :) I was also more talking about DJs playing some prog morning sets with a mixture of psy-prog, minimal, prog house and whatever else they have in their case. With the key theme of being psychedelic obviously. To me if stuff like that, when mixed together well, can give the partying experience a whole new twist since it's way less predictable.

The pledge project is a great idea, however, I'm not too excited about the sample track.

I'm open to the fusion of electronic and acoustic elements in music. Many have done that well, from Juno Reactor to Medicine Drum to Shpongle...but

I'm not a big fan of vocals...I'm not talking about altered, processed vocals like for example in Angelic Particles or someone's voice used as a layer of a track such as work Irina Mikhailova did for some people.

I'm talking about the extensive singing and lyrics. That was done many times before and continues to be so in the mainstream music realm.

That clip looked like some pop rock band that would perhaps open at Moby concert, not Younger Brother or Twisted records I knew.

I'm totally open to experiments in music and encourage them, but this is nothing new you can hear some band play on a radio.

It's great for them (and every artist) to evolve, but vocals and lyrics are not my taste.

If I wanted that, I'd go for people that did it much better like Dave Mathews Band or something.

I really hope that at least some of the tracks on the album will not be so heavily vocal/lyrics oriented.

I'm not holding my breath though as they now have a third band member Ru that's a singer :(

Twisted was one of the very few labels I would buy stuff from without even listening first, but not any more.

Isn't Younger Brother an Alias for Simon Posford? What the hell would he be doing, involved with this. And on Twisted? That is truly Twisted in the sense that it is lame.

Yes, obviously. :) I was also more talking about DJs playing some prog morning sets with a mixture of psy-prog, minimal, prog house and whatever else they have in their case. With the key theme of being psychedelic obviously. To me if stuff like that, when mixed together well, can give the partying experience a whole new twist since it's way less predictable.

Hey Tatsu. Konichiwa.

Is there really singing?

It's pretty much all singing.

This is just lame coldplay stuff.

I just heard it. You know Simon has hade a recorr;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm iit just Simon Being board and helping out Younger Brother, Prometheus. He is the one the fitst waned. And they hired the guy from lefteld and then th ehavvvvjj n

senavioswaedt

Oops? I guess this what it looks like to type in your sleep. Anywa ....oops. Just get jatpppppkpk bc fuck it. I resubmit later tonight, maybe. I kind of like whath you ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk what yo type when you nod off.. Ejoy goodnight.

MXF

IMO the album isn't that bad. There are a lot of sounds, but they are in the background and they are very subtle. The vocals aren't annoying and even add some trippyness ("Spinning into a place"). Also, I discovered that this album really benefits from horizontal listening. But this is just my opinion.

• 4 months later...