TIP Records - Goa Classics...

WHAT DO YOU HAVE HERE?

Wow this was fun to compile. After suddenly getting backcat license requests for the next Paul Oakenfold Goa mix cd and also old school Goa Trance comps on Sony, Ministry of Sound and others we realised we weren´t on our own in appreciation for the early sounds. Our DJ´s are getting booked to play retro Goa sets. Up on chats on facebook etc we discovered that there is a bit of a revival in the early sounds that defined a genre and a lifestyle for hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. And almost no one can compile an album of these early Goa Trance party classics like Tip Records can. These 10 tunes are the real deal. Genre defining classics and great musical nuggets of history. The hard part was keeping it to 10….we already have a part 2 lined up. We then dug deep to find some old screen printed sleeves, posters, limited edition single art and white labels to use in the artwork. All packaged up with sleeve notes about the tracks.

Highlights are impossible…its 10 highlights.

01 The Law - The Infinity Project

02 Sundown (Ionizer Remix) - The Overlords

03 Drop The Bomb - Voodoo People

04 Thru - Voodoof

05 Feeling Very Weird - The Infinity Project

06 Waiting For A New Life - Total Eclipse

07 Mars Needs Women - Doof

08 Out Here We're Stoned (X-Dream Remix) - E-Rection

09 Conflict - Green Nuns of the Revolution

10 Panic In Paradise - X Dream

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=2348&Itemid=99999999

looks very nice! but does any1 know if it will be remastered? can't find anything about that. re-releasing the original tracks from the 90ies would be a bit lame.

especially since all have been released before!

they're not the big ones anymore though they're more then welcome on being part of the revive.

Anoebis, is this a Suntrip release (with acknowledgment) or a TIP Rec re-release?

This is 100% a tip release! :) (I would have chosen very different songs...) I doubt TIP has ever heard of Suntrip anyway :)

Seems like a lot of tracks that are already available all over the place... I wish they'd dig out some of the slightly more obscure TIP classics (Overwind, Velociraptor, Natural Born Killer, or something like that) for a series like this.

They're playing it safe, it's for the goa trance-virgins only I guess.. Not really interesting for collectors, but nice to see anyway. ^_^

They're playing it safe, it's for the goa trance-virgins only I guess.. Not really interesting for collectors, but nice to see anyway. ^_^

jeeezz cmon man , i'd say give suntrip and all the new labels stuff to the goa virgins , not this kind of doing drugs is cool kind of thing... my opinion.

I'd say this is for the big trance sea and not the actual goa scene of nowadays.

They will probably sell well because its TIP.

• 2 weeks later...