Trinodia - Unknown Space EP (UAFR014)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Amithaba So why you released Beast303 EP then? You think, should i release free EPs and compilations if i have money?

Trick is that i dont have money to buy CDs, not to spend about 1000 euro for manufacturing and also to pay to some artists. Maybe ppl in UK have, here not.

I dont force anyone to release on UAF, sometimes i ask someone if he wants i can promote his music. In last few months ppl write to me that they want to release on UAF.

UAF records i dont get to serious, this is just proper spending free time and my target is to give promotion to new/unreleased artists that SERIOUS label records can hear for them and the world for sure.

Trinodia is veteran and why he released for free? He doesnt give a fuck if is free or on CD, most releases of him are free and promo. He just want present own music to world.

Ektoplazm today is best portal of psy/goa scene for promos. I dont see the problem, if you dont want release free, just dont and let other people to decide what they want.

By the way, why you made Metaphysic if you dont like/support free releases?

@Amithaba So why you released Beast303 EP then? You think, should i release free EPs and compilations if i have money?

Trick is that i dont have money to buy CDs, not to spend about 1000 euro for manufacturing and also to pay to some artists. Maybe ppl in UK have, here not.

I dont force anyone to release on UAF, sometimes i ask someone if he wants i can promote his music. In last few months ppl write to me that they want to release on UAF.

UAF records i dont get to serious, this is just proper spending free time and my target is to give promotion to new/unreleased artists that SERIOUS label records can hear for them and the world for sure.

Trinodia is veteran and why he released for free? He doesnt give a fuck if is free or on CD, most releases of him are free and promo. He just want present own music to world.

Ektoplazm today is best portal of psy/goa scene for promos. I dont see the problem, if you dont want release free, just dont and let other people to decide what they want.

By the way, why you made Metaphysic if you dont like/support free releases?

First of all im not even against you .

Second i've done my part.

Third discussion is over.

I dont told that you are against me but im wondering you dont support free but done free :/

Imba i don't know if you understand the fact that's 10 Years , two FULL HANDS i gave to this Scene , i expected people to learn but its no point since im always the one at the end being tagged as the 'bad guy' amongst other things that God knows what , when simply i just don't come up here full of crap.

But since it's that way , so BE IT.

And no , i will not support more free stuff for this Scene. Not anymore.

Sorry to you Imba for actually talk about this here over your thread but i honestly think that you for what you are doing deserve a lot better.

The rest i have nothing against , you have your choice as everybody has it.

Over and out.

True , it is always a choice , but again , i wouldn't work for free no matter how i love the job , it's same as accepting to be a Slave and accept public exploitation.

This is my personal view and whatever people want to do it's their own choice but at the end , its the Music Industry that suffers it and mainly the GOA scene that so many people claim to 'love' it.

I think that's a misconception there. How can you possibly talk of people, who release their music for free, as people accepting their own slavedom and public exploitation? How can ppl be exploited if they don't expect (and want) any other reward than respect and "love" for their work? Imo your opinion is ridiculous. That does not include or condone piracy of any IP!

Again, I'd like to mention free software projects (UNIX-derivates), projects like Wikipedia and COUNTLESS other projects of all kind, that define the meaning of ALTRUISM, very much in contrast to what you propose. I think you should think about the context in which you use words like "slavery" and "exploitation", because both tend to be a characteristic of our economic system (and SEVERE historic facts) and have nothing to do with ppl releasing any of their IP to the public for free. Having said that, don't you think that "slavery" and "exploitation" are a characteristic of "industry", which is a part of the term you used, "Music INDUSTRY"?! Exactly. And please don't try to talk about the Goa scene, its history and ppl loving it while connecting it to the music industry of today, because it'd be an insult for sure.

That reminds me of your own past with Metapsychic Records, to be honest. http://www.myspace.com/metapsychicrecords

Again, to be honest, I've voted for your Lost Buddha work in the neogoa.tk poll, but reading your statements here makes me feel sorry for having bought your records (Amithaba as well), because despite of your undeniable talent as a music producer, I don't support your opinions on some topics and I wonder if we'd get along in "real life". I have my doubts, though...

Again, to be honest, I've voted for your Lost Buddha work in the neogoa.tk poll, but reading your statements here makes me feel sorry for having bought your records (Amithaba as well), because despite of your undeniable talent as a music producer, I don't support your opinions on some topics and I wonder if we'd get along in "real life". I have my doubts, though...

Good , because me reading what you've just wrote makes me sorry for actually having spent 10 years that you are not even giving any value and specially for what i have done including all the FREE STUFF I HAVE GAVE.

Thank you for your honesty.

I'm away from here , i have more things to do that talking about metapsychic's and so on , as i said , i'm always the 'bad guy' , GROW UP!

Good , because me reading what you've just wrote makes me sorry for actually having spent 10 years that you are not even giving any value and specially for what i have done including all the FREE STUFF I HAVE GAVE.

Thank you for your honesty.

I'm away from here , i have more things to do that talking about metapsychic's and so on , as i said , i'm always the 'bad guy' , GROW UP!

I never gave any value for what you did? Are you serious? Let me tell you something, I gave you exactly what you wanted for your work. I gave you my money. What do you want from people? I told you that you have an undeniable talent as a producer (that's respect towards your skill), that I bought your records (monetary manifestation of the respect towards your skill) and that I like your music (very much, that is). So, you've released stuff for free, thanks for that and I am sure lots of people thanked you for that. What else do you expect? If you want people to "love" you on top of that, then I recommend you to stop being easily offended and behaving like a spoiled child. That includes your past with Metapsychic. You've been talking about music industry and if you want to be a part of it, you will have to meet certain standards of professionalism. That would include that you'd have to (and should) listen to your customers (me) and your fans (was me). Telling them (me) to GROW UP! isn't exactly the way you should behave, especially if you're wrong like you're right now.

//Edit: [...] customers (was me)[...]

//Edit2: Just while I was browsing some other topics here, I found this post made by you:

i don't know if you're still looking for one , but i use a simple and very stable one plus its free .

its part of a pack where all of them resemble little guitar stomp boxes and one of them is a trance gate with some real cool gates. use it all the time whenever i want to gate something :)

Posted Image

get it here :

DVS VSTs

have fun!

So, someone made a free VST, which you use to create music, of which you think people should pay money for. Why not pay money to the ppl that made the VST in the first place? Was it not good enough to pay money for? Or should it have been free-to-download instead of being sold because of any reason? I'd really like you to explain your concept of things being worthy or even being required to be sold at a certain price...

Interesting tangent: wealth disparity seldom enters into these discussions. Psytrance is big in developing nations as well as wealthy ones yet commercially-available music isn't discounted based on income or nationality. Many psytrance fans around the world have always downloaded music because a reasonable alternative to piracy doesn't exist. You think someone is going to spend one month's rent on a CD? Not when Internet access is super cheap by comparison. Anyway, I think the end result of this history of piracy in developing nations has led to strong support for free music--as evidenced by the many releases coming out of Russia, India, South America, and Eastern Europe.

I never gave any value for what you did? Are you serious? Let me tell you something, I gave you exactly what you wanted for your work. I gave you my money. What do you want from people? I told you that you have an undeniable talent as a producer (that's respect towards your skill), that I bought your records (monetary manifestation of the respect towards your skill) and that I like your music (very much, that is). So, you've released stuff for free, thanks for that and I am sure lots of people thanked you for that. What else do you expect? If you want people to "love" you on top of that, then I recommend you to stop being easily offended and behaving like a spoiled child. That includes your past with Metapsychic. You've been talking about music industry and if you want to be a part of it, you will have to meet certain standards of professionalism. That would include that you'd have to (and should) listen to your customers (me) and your fans (was me). Telling them (me) to GROW UP! isn't exactly the way you should behave, especially if you're wrong like you're right now.

//Edit: [...] customers (was me)[...]

//Edit2: Just while I was browsing some other topics here, I found this post made by you:

So, someone made a free VST, which you use to create music, of which you think people should pay money for. Why not pay money to the ppl that made the VST in the first place? Was it not good enough to pay money for? Or should it have been free-to-download instead of being sold because of any reason? I'd really like you to explain your concept of things being worthy or even being required to be sold at a certain price...

I'm not perfect and why should I? Nobody is. Don't expect Goa artists to be perfect. I'm not.

I admit that you are right and you do have my apologies.

About the VSTs i'll tell you why , because i worked hard to get the hardware material i have today , and that wasn't from one day to another.

About the rest of the discussion seems i got the point here so i won't keep on going with this discussion.

@Basilisk Good point ;) I have followed this thread and i have of course an opinion about both matters (mastering and releasing free music).

Mastering: It could have been done better, and it could have cost money. But this is a free release and i did not have the money nor the will to really master the tracks better. I thought it was good enough the way it is and i cant really say the original mixes pre master is top notch either so they did a good job with the mastering bringing the tracks up bit in quality.

Free music: The tracks of this EP were actually put online about 18 months ago on my own website for free downloads. A couple of months later some mp3 release group put it online at other places as a release of "unreleased tracks". Even more later an EP were released with some of the tracks from this EP on Yamendo as a free download release. And now some of them are released on Ektoplazm as yet another free release. Im not into music making to make money, sure it would be fun to get back what i have put into gear and software in the somewhat 20 years i have done music now but this is the wrong genre to make money out of. I do my music in first hand for myself to enjoy so why not let other people get to enjoy it aswell for free.

Releasing things on my own website tho has its limitations as in how far the news spread so a site like Ektoplazm is great since it has a whole different reputation when it comes to free releases.

I would happily, if no record company wants to release the album im working on at the moment release it on Ektoplazm for free download. As i see it, the only reason for really relasing any music on CD these days is so those who want it on cd can get it on cd. And when it gets released as a mp3 release, wich all psy/goa/prog etc releases anyway do (even if they are just free download releases) i only see that as a good thing since the music then gets spread to more people who can enjoy it. The only downside then is that there is no release online in WAV or FLAC so it can be enjoyed in higher quality and also the record company might not get back what they invested in releasing the cd.

So i say thanks to Basilisk for his hard work and dedication to bring out good releases to the public, and yeah its been a long long time since we talked about releasing some of my tracks online but now its done :)

@Basilisk Good point ;) I have followed this thread and i have of course an opinion about both matters (mastering and releasing free music).

Mastering: It could have been done better, and it could have cost money. But this is a free release and i did not have the money nor the will to really master the tracks better. I thought it was good enough the way it is and i cant really say the original mixes pre master is top notch either so they did a good job with the mastering bringing the tracks up bit in quality.

Free music: The tracks of this EP were actually put online about 18 months ago on my own website for free downloads. A couple of months later some mp3 release group put it online at other places as a release of "unreleased tracks". Even more later an EP were released with some of the tracks from this EP on Yamendo as a free download release. And now some of them are released on Ektoplazm as yet another free release. Im not into music making to make money, sure it would be fun to get back what i have put into gear and software in the somewhat 20 years i have done music now but this is the wrong genre to make money out of. I do my music in first hand for myself to enjoy so why not let other people get to enjoy it aswell for free.

Releasing things on my own website tho has its limitations as in how far the news spread so a site like Ektoplazm is great since it has a whole different reputation when it comes to free releases.

I would happily, if no record company wants to release the album im working on at the moment release it on Ektoplazm for free download. As i see it, the only reason for really relasing any music on CD these days is so those who want it on cd can get it on cd. And when it gets released as a mp3 release, wich all psy/goa/prog etc releases anyway do (even if they are just free download releases) i only see that as a good thing since the music then gets spread to more people who can enjoy it. The only downside then is that there is no release online in WAV or FLAC so it can be enjoyed in higher quality and also the record company might not get back what they invested in releasing the cd.

So i say thanks to Basilisk for his hard work and dedication to bring out good releases to the public, and yeah its been a long long time since we talked about releasing some of my tracks online but now its done :)

Thanks Trinodia and much respect to you and your music.

I think there's no harm in expressing my thoughts aswel as a Musician , true that things today are VERY HARD , but yes you have your point and i do now see the other way of things.

Thank you and my sincere apologies.

/Filipe