The best live psy act you ever saw

CosmoNaughty

In all your time of going Psychedelic trance parties who are the best live act you've ever seen ? Mine are strange because they aren't nessecerilly even among my favourite acts But I saw Transwave once at a club in London Called Science Friction back in Jan 1997 and they were fantastic they just defined what a good psy trance live set should be, I really didn't want them to stop. secondly Electric Universe @ Ozora in Hungary 2005 we'd watched live psy trance acts after live psy trance acts for at least 2 days before but Electric Universe came on and blew the roof off the place there was just something about the chemistry of the time and space they were playing in. he was joined on stage with the guitarist that night and strangely a year or so later he released an album pretty much of what he'd played that night I bought it and thought it was tedious, but on that night in the here and now the set had been more than memorable.

California sunshine in 2002(Vliersele Belgium)

Astral projection 2003(Vliersele Belgium),2005(Antwerp)and 2009(Hasselt)

I saw Hallucinogen 2 times I think it was in 2001(Antwerp) & 2008(Hasselt)

Tim Schuldt in 2005(Antwerp)

Dimension 5 in 2009(Antwerp)

Koxbox in 2009(Hasselt)

MWNN in 2001(Antwerp)

Xerox & Illumination really can't remember when

MFG I think 2004(Antwerp)

Liquid Flow in 2010 was a nice surprise(Oostende)

I want to add the best Dj sets:

pretty much every set from Dj HUGO (DANCE-A-DELIC)

and AZIV & PSYCLONE, they bring back some great memories!

and last but not least BPC and Jaia a couple of years ago in Mortsel, Belgium

HMmm the answer to this question usually changes after some time.

For me I think the best was Total Eclipse, in Bordeaux, in 96 or 97.

And following very close were Etnica in Paris, 1999.

And followng very close were one of the first live acts of Infected Mushroom also in Paris, 1999.

A Logic Bomb performance, still in Paris, in 2000 blew me away, and KoxBox at Samothraki 2002 too.

I should point out that usually memory makes things better than what they actually were, so let's pay attention.

More recently I think only Filteria, Antares and Andromeda made me fly like in the good old days :)

Hmm... tough one... But from "back in the good old days"...

Some of them...

Subcouds 1996 Uppsala, Sweden

Koxbox 1997 Arvika, Sweden

Ux 1997 Arvika, Sweden

Astral Projection 1997 Stockholm, Sweden

X-Dream 1998, Arvika, Sweden

Orion 1998, Arvika, Sweden

Synchro 1998, Arvika, Sweden

Jean-Michel Jarre "Aero concert" 2002, Tylstrup, Denmark....

Most recently

Filteria, 2009, Stockholm, Sweden

Green Nuns Of The Revolution, 2010, Ozora festival, Hungary....

From all the psy live acts I've attended (and a fair 80% of them were witnessed while attending one of Ozoras I've been to):

Blue Planet Corporation @ last year's Ozora, at around 07:30 in the morning. Oh the joy...

Green Nuns Of The Revolution in London, @ the amazing Twisted Records label party

Union Jack @ this year's Ozora Festival. These guys are the definite surprise of the event for me. Wow, what a powerful performance, and glorious track selection.

Solar Fields @ last year's Ozora, as it was the very first time I heard tracks which were later released on "Movements", which still ranks as one of the finest downtempo releases I have ever listened to.

Eat Static, London, May 2007. When they came onto the stage with those alien masks on, all hell broke loose. Woohoo!

oforia - delirious release party in London 98

Xdream in freedom festival 2007

quirk - sometime around 97-98 in a return to the source party

infected back in 2000-2001 new years in Paris

vibrasphere at ozora 2009

And a few others.... = )

• 2 weeks later...

About all of Eat Static's liveset I saw.

:)

I only saw one and it is by far the best live act I ever saw, and it was totally unexpected!

one of the most disappionting live acts was gnotr a few years ago in (ghent, belgium) when they had a bongo player with them <_< ..... awfull!

Hux-Flux

Logic Bomb

X-Dream

Infected Mushroom

All back in 2000-2002 or something.

By the way, this I'm jealous of. Damn. All of those artists... in that era. Makes me drool!

But seriously, when it comes to playing LIVE! I have never seen a psytrance artist who is as skilled and engaged and fucking musical to the bone as Eat Static. No song of them (him) played live is ever the same, he's focused and constantly plugging things in and out, twisting knobs, turning levers, heating fluids... whatever. The guy's a maniac.

I mean, LIVE! (LIVE!!!) sets without laptops are pretty rare these days anyway...

Posted Image

About all of Eat Static's liveset I saw.

@Rino: you were there in London? Nice! I liked Younger Brother's liveset best there, I was completely surprised and didn't know what to expect beforehand.

:)

Yeah, I actually flew from Zagreb just to be there at the party. I stayed for a full week in London though. Found a cheap hostel, and shared a romm with a bunch of cool americans :)

Younger Brother was very good, true, a totally unexpected performance, but Eat Static tore the roof off.

I want a replay of that party!

Ticon 2001

Koxbox 2003

Hallucinogen 2004 (even though the party was held at the worst venue ever)

Atmos 2007 (retro set!)

Prometheus 2008

Green Nuns of the Revolution 2008

(Apparat 2008)

All in or around Zurich, except Prometheus in Lausanne.

Its really difficult to remember live acts and the music that they play.

Some are :

Hallucinogen, most of his live acts :P

Slinky Wizard, Sola luna 2001 :ph34r:

Red Seal, Sola luna 2001 B), had perhaps the best sex in my life, girl that i met had her tent next to the chill area :P

Noma, 2000 ;)

Kox box, many of their live was awesome B)

and lots of other that i cannot remember. Use to attend psy parties every weekend till 2003. Generally best live acts that i heard were before 2002-03. Sad eh?

Also artists that i love and reaaaally looking forward to listen to them live and never had the opportunity is Ka-Sol/Derango and BOTFB..and i rarely listen to psytrance-goatrance the past years

I've been not to many parties with live acts but I'm very prejudiced against "live acts" because many of them are not real. :)

All big artists I saw as S.U.N. Project, Astral Projection, Atmos and others just simulated. So one of the true live acts that I liked is Son Kite's in 2004. It's not my favourite style because it's Progressive (Blaaaah), but the performance was excellent.

I've been not to many parties with live acts but I'm very prejudiced against "live acts" because many of them are not real. :)

All big artists I saw as S.U.N. Project, Astral Projection, Atmos and others just simulated. So one of the true live acts that I liked is Son Kite's in 2004. It's not my favourite style because it's Progressive (Blaaaah), but the performance was excellent.

sun project was "simulated"?

really...cuz ive seen them about 6 or 7 times and every time i saw them they were playing live (as live as psytrance gets anyway).

sun project was "simulated"?

really...cuz ive seen them about 6 or 7 times and every time i saw them they were playing live (as live as psytrance gets anyway).

Yeah, many people that saw them in live act said that they have great performance and real live playing years ago. But last year when I was at party with them it was only simulation. Everybody can understand it. :)

Very difficult question, s I maybe have to back again :P

on top of my head:

Derango (Forest near Eskilstuna SE 06?)

Astral Projection (Aalborg (DK) 98 or 99??!)

Infected Mushroom (Copenhagen 99 or 00?!)

fuck... my memory sucks!

On 8/29/2010 at 11:07 AM, &#x27;masen023&#x27; said:

Jean-Michel Jarre "Aero concert" 2002, Tylstrup, Denmark....

Great concert :D

on this note I have to add:

Jean-Michel Jarre "Oxygen Live" played on the original synths (him and 3 other guys) in Copenhagen 2008 :rolleyes:

On 8/29/2010 at 5:07 PM, &#x27;rino&#x27; said:

Solar Fields @ last year's Ozora, as it was the very first time I heard tracks which were later released on "Movements", which still ranks as one of the finest downtempo releases I have ever listened to.

I saw him play at ozora this year and was quite disappointed :( he didn't seem to have any direction what so ever in his set, but on the other hand:

H.U.V.A Project (Ozora 10) blew my socks of and the following

Aes Dana live set.... holy shit!!!

The most wierd thing is that I've been to a lot of parties that you guys have mentioned:

Koxbox at Samothraki 2002 (Mars) - Don't rememeber being that special (although back then I hadn't listened that much Goa/Psy)

Eat static at Twisted Live (Rino and Snap) - Didn't like it at all (met Snap with the Hawaian shirt, Colin OOOD, Janet and the American dude)

GNOTR at Twisted Bday (Rino) - That was great actually, I had to leave at the middle of their set a little after Klunk

My personal favourites, actually it seems that the environment and my friends make the event special rather than the music:

Hallucinogen (July 2010 Athens) - have heard him maybe 7-8 time but this was very special because I was with a lot of my childhood friends and we actually found a lot of old friends there and had a blast... the sound was very good as well.

Prometheus (2008 Athens) - I had spent 3 months of non-stop working day and night and while dancing I realised that Sunday (the day after) was the first time I had a day off in months, so it made the night even more special, I even tore my socks from dancing

Reefer Decree (2001 London) - Great night, although I can attribute it to High quality MDMA and charas rather than the music

GMS (Samothtaki 2002) - Wicked time with the firefightes watering the dancefloor

Ace ventura DJ set (Around 2007 Athens) - Very small intimate party, probably the nicest crowd (tons of girls) I've seen in an Athenian party and lovely music. I had to go help my father harvest olives in the morning but ended up staying until 8 am, someone stole my jacket and I got off the train one stop earlier because I was sleeping, instead of waiting for the next traing I walked through the fields, it was very cold (I didn't have a jacket remember) but Amazingly peaceful with the birds singing and the grass being green and wet ------------- Note: This was one of my soberest nights ever, everything was so nice that I only drank 1.5 drinks all night, not even cigarettes.

Other exceptional events - Goasia @ aurora 2009, Filteria @ aurora 2008

I had the chance, but unfortunanetly didn't get to see IM at their best ~2001 and I also wish I saw Prana and Old School transwave live.