Newschool Goa article in Computer Magazine!

Agneton

Agreed and we don't wish to bring any trouble to us and nor even this forum , any forum or anybody.

Best advice is if you can put your hands over this magazine , do it , its educational , brings a dvd with tons of samples and the latest vsts even including some free ones and its all for almost 6 pounds here , not very expensive.

25 Eur out here, with that i can kiss my pocket money goodbye, but I'm buying, since you obviously recommend

This floods the market with countless (literally) free releases which would never be released by any self-respecting label. So what happens? Some guy sees this article in Computer Music Magazine, and googles for goa trance. They end up downloading those releases because that's the easiest type of goa trance to download at the moment, they hear it and decide they don't like it. So they move on. By this, those free releasing labels are actually damaging the scene. The "free music revolution" is a welcome one, as long as quality is being maintained. Quality is definitely not being maintained.

I'm one of those newbies who stepped upon Ektoplazm while searching for Goa into google, and the result is the Goa compilation golden vibes 1, which is far from bad i think,

moreover, the first site to hit for free psy trance music this year is Ektoplazm, who define himself as Free HQ Psy music...which is true, cooool

Quality is being ignored i agree, but some artists keeps the level high, if you search for "top Goa producers" you will easily find them, some labels give a 2 minutes previews for their best release and it's cool because it allows those "newbies" to Judge the entire scene before actually spend money.

And i can't stand for those ignorants who step away just because they didn't like the free stuff, stupid fools, they will surely miss the music of their lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!

25 Eur out here, with that i can kiss my pocket money goodbye, but I'm buying, since you obviously recommend

Damn, 25€ for computer music? I think you beter order it online.

I got this since yesterday but i have to say, if you are a beginner for producing goa trance then this will give you some tips.

But there is nothing in that article if you already can make music. Indeed a nice cd with good samples (especially for Drum & bass).

But overall a waste of money if you just buy it for the goa trance article.

If you use reason, half of the book is about the new reason 5.

Also a nice tutorial for dupstep/dnb.

Everyone seem to be trying to jump on the bandwagon, even the good 'ol TIP:

http://www.arabesquedistribution.com//index.php?option=com_artistavenue&task=singleCd&id=2348&Itemid=1

:)

GODDAMIT ! Ahahah and the promo text is a real confession: Our DJ´s are getting booked to play retro Goa sets. Up on chats on facebook etc we discovered that there is a bit of a revival in the early sounds that defined a genre and a lifestyle for hundreds of thousands of people from around the world. And almost no one can compile an album of these early Goa Trance party classics like Tip Records can.

I don't quite agree on the last part cause we all know these tracks, but, hey, we can always point them at a bunch of good artists if they're willing to release more fresh Goa on TIP ahaha :)

BTW is it just me who has noticed an increase in free Goa Trance releases lately with more or less undeveloped tracks? Most often with very cheap looking CD covers.

I have noticed this too, but I don't think it's completely a bad thing. Sure some of them are pretty bad, but there are some gems in there too. My favorite track of the year (Sky Technology's 'Ancient Race') is from a free release. I've heard a lot of "real" albums that were completely terrible. At least when a free release is bad I'm not out any money.

So what happens? Some guy sees this article in Computer Music Magazine, and googles for goa trance. They end up downloading those releases because that's the easiest type of goa trance to download at the moment, they hear it and decide they don't like it.

There is some truth to that, but you can pick any random psy album it will probably be "bad" (subjective I know) regardless of whether it was free. Are people really going to go straight for the free releases when they discover goatrance anyway? How will people who are new to goa/psy even know the names of the labels, let alone that you can go to their websites and download free releases? Maybe I'm just weird (okay forget the "maybe" :P) but I heard all the big names first like IM, AP, Hallucinogen, etc and some mixes/live sets.

they hear it and decide they don't like it. So they move on.

This seems to happen to most people who hear psytrance. ;) Even the "commercial" stuff is too weird for most people.