Study with psybient, chill, downbeat,...

@reyu

Hi guys,

I don't know this is the right place for the topic but it's psy-related imo.

I've just started studies to become an environmental manager. It deals with all sorts of pollution in the air,water and soil and with the legislation that comes with it. Very interesting!

It means lots of time behind the books studying. Normally I study without music but sometimes I put music on that doesn't intrude my concentration and sometimes even enhance it. I've noticed ultimae albums like CELL, CBL, HUVA network are good records to study with. Probably because of the slow, somewhat minimal, ambient approach.

I know it's a pretty goofy topic but I would like to know your thoughts on this.

Any suggestions?

NOTE: It doesn't have to be psybient(classical music,...) just good music!

Among psybient, I can't think of anything better to work to than this. Among other stuff, I find this works surprisingly well.

First one I don't know, the second one is Dj shadow and Cut Chemist. I have 2 albums of Dj Shadow "Endtroducing" and "The private Press" whom I like very much. Haven't thought of Dj shadow to study with but now you mentioned it , it has those repetitive trancey-like parts and not too many voices to distract you. I'm gonna check both out, thanx

Haven't thought of Dj shadow to study with but now you mentioned it , it has those repetitive trancey-like parts and not too many voices to distract you. I'm gonna check both out, thanx

The album I suggested isn't much like his solo work, rather it's a live DJ set consisting largely of esoteric 45's. It has quite a few vocals, so I'm not sure why I find it good to work to; I think it strikes just the right balance of being fun enough to hold off boredom but not requiring enough attention that it stops me doing other things.

Anything by Ishq would work.

I've got one track of Ishq from the excellent album Quality Relaxation from Chill tribe. Very good flow through the whole record. From downbeat to ambient to downbeat again. I have played this one a lot. I should check out an Ishq artist album.

Orchid is good for that. It's ambient but it's not drone ambient and a lot of non ambient heads I know still like it.

Ishq - Orchid

I looked at Psyshop for Ishq but they're all sold out. I've ordered Entheogenic Golden Cap album instead. Whent to Saiko Sounds to look for an Ishq album but I have a problem loggin in there. I forgot my password so I let them send me an email except the email somehow doesn't reach me. Can anyone help me with this?

Altough it is GOA, my favorite album for studies is Ra - To Sirius, I save that one for when motivation is really lacking. Here are some downbeat stuff I enjoy:

Secede

Puff Dragon

Asura

Psyfactor

Bluetech

Jikkenteki

Solar Quest

Tripswitch

LSG (Into Deep)

Carbon Based Lifeforms

Future Sound of London

You are probably looking for this.

http://www.di.fm/psychill/

:wub:

On line radio is even better, now I can really check out new stuff. This is great thanx

I don't study with music but I can recommend the ambient repetitive stuff (Asura, Aes Dana), because everything else will attract your attention and you will lose your concentration.

Also try not to use headphones, because of the stereo effect (something I found in some books).

And try to cut the high freq with an EQ (up to 18 kHz), especially for the Goa listeners (should be easy with a PC/MAC).

Listen to something new is way better because it won't shift the attention (Radio/fm like http://www.di.fm/psychill/ are great)

Music is great for logic operations (math, physics..) but can be harmful with others fields (memory shortage, miss-understanding, confusion)

AND WATCH OUT: NO vocals or your brain is gonna blow