Neogoa Design

Richpa

Very great read. Thanks for typing all of that. I agree a whole lot when you mentioned the thing about lots of colours and terrible fonts. Bothers me when I can barely make out what's going on the cover because I'll be honest and say that I do sometimes judge albums based on the cover. It is interesting I'll definitely check it out, but if it is just terrible or something way out there then I may not. One thing I love is when the Artist have pamphlets or lots of writing on their album covers. It is interesting to read what they have to say, sometimes it helps create the mood of the album like one of Son Kite's album where there were I think 5 pages of writing describing their back story and the album or LOUD's Free From Conceptual Thoughts.

Thanks again.

Couldn't agree more. The artwork itself should reflect the sound/atmosphere of the album or if it's a storytelling release to follow the concept of the music. The problem nowdays in Goa trance scene is that some of the labels/artists doesn't want to pay any attention to the visual side of things. I mean, if you want to have your release to look/feel/sound good, paying for some decent artwork won't kill anyone. If you're paying for mastering, for promotion, for distribution, etc, I don't get why some people who aren't skilled (and when I say skilled I mean doesn't have the fundamental understanding for the estetics of the visuals) decide to create artworks, which in the end looks horrible and turns away people from checking the music.

I'm not saying that my works are the good stuff, some people like it, some don't, but there are countless options and a bunch of great designers who made amazing artworks in Goa trance scene in last couple of years. To give you an example, Ukiro (i think) did amazing job with Filteria release, that artwork got soul, it looks nice and it fits music perfectly. Or a guy who made an artwork for PortaMento's The Portal album. I really love that artwork and when I saw it I wanted to check the music and to see other works from that artist.

On the other hand, you got abominations such as these (i'm honest here, this is something that i don't consider to be an ARTwork):

va-art-from-the-heart-chapter-2-300x300.

Goalogique+-+Astronot.jpg

0+_++500X500.jpg

a3841792533_2.jpg

1534946_638432226198413_1872328781_o.jpg

I understand that many artists/labels doesn't have a lot of extra money to spend on the artwork and I'm not familiar how much does other graphic designers take for their works, but at ND we charge for physical CD designs (with more than 500 copies) around 100 euros. For digital's it's around 50 euros. If thats too expensive for a piece of art that will last forever, than my perception of things is absolutley wrong.

Another important part (at least to me) is a general input of the ideas that comes from the artist itself. I know, many people like to work without pressure from somebody, but when you get quality information, regarding the motifs, the theme and the overrall suggestion(s), than the complete product will and should be much better.

Ya so true about everything. I know that when I do whatever work I do, whether it is painting, music related, speech, etc, I like it when I get information of what the other person wants and is aiming for. I have to say that Filteria's album cover is one of the most beautiful ones I've seen. I just love it so much. It's perfectly balanced and sends a clear message. I also liked Crossing Mind's The Inner Shift. Love how it is all jagged and broken like a piece of glass.

I also liked Crossing Mind's The Inner Shift. Love how it is all jagged and broken like a piece of glass.

Hehe, same thing Jos told me when they promoted album on some party in Belgium, that many people liked the fact that it looks like some medieval cathedral glass. Ofc, I wasn't aiming for that at all, the first version of artwork featured a womens eyes and face alongside with some effects and standard layering of elements from Universe, but in the end the final product was kinda glassy and different.

The first version with woman's face:

25rcifp.jpg

Second project with fractals and the groundwork what will become the final product:

1555lzm.jpg

Before coloring and adding fonts:

a0z7n9.jpg

• Like 1

Wow! You can really see the progress from the first one to the second to the third one. The second one looks pretty interesting, but I still think the 3rd one is the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Richpa, something I noticed when I was vising the neogoa discogs page is that the link to your site is either old or broken, you may want to fix that if you wish to.

Hey Richpa, something I noticed when I was vising the neogoa discogs page is that the link to your site is either old or broken, you may want to fix that if you wish to.

If you mean Facebook page, well I change it two days ago :))

Well I was referring to your neogoa website, not the facebook page. I think it was either the neogoa discog that had the problem, or under description under your name...

Ok I checked and it's under your discogs: http://www.discogs.com/artist/2045740-Richpa when I try to click on the neogoa link, it doesn't send me properly. Maybe you forgot to update the link? Anyways, I already know the link to your main site, so it isn't much of a problem for me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A little preview of artworks I created during the first 8 months of 2014 (and there is a lot more to come in the upcoming months)! Just wanted to express my gratitude to all of you for the support, especially to people at Suntrip Records, Sita Records, Timewarp Records, Ovnimoon Records and Goa Madness Records for being loyal and super-friendly clients and of course, for being the best Goa trance labels around! I will post more works in the upcoming months which are not included in this preview, but I promise, they will be colorful (and I hope, psychedelic enough)! If you like what you see, don't hesitate to follow me at Neogoa Design here on Facebook aswell!

10460175_760968220636123_739706983072994

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you! Anyway, I'm happy to say that I will be creating official logo and series of artwork templates for a new label called Suffering Island Recordings. Super excited about that, especially because they want something a little bit different than usual Neogoa Design creations. There is also other projects scheduled for the rest of 2014, including the 3rd in a row design for Timewarp's Goa-compilation series - Goa Energy!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow, I totally forgot to keep this topic up to date. Well, I guess it's good time to bump it with new update:

In next few weeks I'll go through all my design projects since 2004 and pick some of my personal favorites and present them on the new website and page here on Facebook. To celebrate the opening of the new website, I'll give damn fine discount for new orders placed in that period and probably introduce some new works. In the meantime, show some love and hit my page here on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/neogoarecords

12523832_458478484340790_508760555136827