Neogoa Design

Richpa

• 2 weeks later...

One freestyle improvisation:

Posted Image

And first version of Nova Fractal's debut album artwork, it's work in progress and don't mind some details which should be corrected pretty much soon.

Posted Image

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow man, that EROT artwork is lovely.

It is very stylefull, something that I sometimes miss with psychedelic art. It's that combination of a sort of minimalism and psychedelic that works...The colors are beautiful, very 'living'. A great psychedelic color palette without going over the top.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

306762_516631398403141_1154559767_n.jpg

576024_521629261209903_424119705_n.jpg

970975_516631278403153_553277394_n.jpg

1006130_528079103925037_38116996_n.jpg

998376_531509060248708_2130059001_n.jpg

249026_525241844208763_1289371610_n.jpg

941110_531511030248511_1544423136_n.jpg

tumblr_inline_mnnvdkLLoJ1qz4rgp.jpg

preview-2_zps48e77a96.jpg

8611_533605560039058_1592915979_n.jpg

There are also a lot of new projects that we're working on, especially regarding the CD artworks, so i'll post more stuff when we get the green light from label owners!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic thread to look through. Some amazing work here Richpa.

Thank you. I forgot to keep this topic up to date, so if you're interested, you can browse and check even more works by me and by iPsy and PharaOm on our facebook gallery (can be seen without fb account): https://www.facebook.com/neogoadesign/photos_stream

Man, that is some awesome art. Not that I ever plan on doing graphic designing, but I have a question. How do you do all of that art? I find it interesting to read how some folks do it.

Man, that is some awesome art. Not that I ever plan on doing graphic designing, but I have a question. How do you do all of that art? I find it interesting to read how some folks do it.

Thank you!

At this moment ND team consist of three people, besides me, there are iPsy and PharaOm. Regarding my works on artworks artists and clients usually asking for two options: more psychedelic/colorful compositions based on fractals with symetrical feeling, or some prefer more landscape compositions with various elements to be represented on the same image, for example the Call Of Goa artwork:

97f5479ec9a66802fbd17435111b37cf.jpg

Ovnimoon wanted to have some kind of temple on the shore, alongside with the beach and different sky where some sort of 'Shiva's eyes' will be positioned in the background. This type of artworks are tricky, you have to find good images that will represent the idea and take care that you're using images which are available for free useage, after that all that matters is how good you can use the pen tool for cutting the elements and bleding them with other parts, after you finish the whole image, I usually do colouring and photo-filtering. Some motifs from the front-side in my works are always represented on other parts of the artwork. I'm using only Photoshop for this and it can make wonders.

Regarding the fractal-kind of artworks, well all the magic happens in Photoshop aswell, I was into fractal generators at the beginning with the early Neogoa releases, but after some time I found the way how to create your own vivid fractals without using the help of generators. Mostly I'm using the images of logs, trees, plants, animals, that I shot in the nature or I find on google and which are available as freebies. The very first result always looks messy so the crucial thing is to make it look stylish, usually when I work with smaller resolution images, i'm doing a smooth blurring of the whole images, adding some smokey effects and shadowing on certain parts of the artwork. Also, the relation between the colours is also very important, I really dislike artworks with gazillion colors, without any sense. To me something that got so much colors doesn't look that much psychedelic, colors are like food, some things stack with other and the combination is tasty.

The font selection and the positioning of certain informations on the artwork also counts, I dislike designs where designer choose the most unreadable font and turn on all the options in blending of the font itself. The good work on the font is crucial when it comes to print, it should look readable, it should fit well with the background and it should look interesting and psychedelic.

Speaking about my co-workers, I'm sure both of them are using some sort of fractal generators, but i'm not sure which tools they're into nowdays, I can ask them or you can also, drop a message at Neogoa Design facebook and they will see it and give you a better respond.

I hope I helped a little bit :)

Very great read. Thanks for typing all of that. I agree a whole lot when you mentioned the thing about lots of colours and terrible fonts. Bothers me when I can barely make out what's going on the cover because I'll be honest and say that I do sometimes judge albums based on the cover. It is interesting I'll definitely check it out, but if it is just terrible or something way out there then I may not. One thing I love is when the Artist have pamphlets or lots of writing on their album covers. It is interesting to read what they have to say, sometimes it helps create the mood of the album like one of Son Kite's album where there were I think 5 pages of writing describing their back story and the album or LOUD's Free From Conceptual Thoughts.

Thanks again.

• Like 1