My thoughts about Psynews & the contest thing

Hi all,

As you've probably read Mars message on the forum, we have, indeed, more difficulties than before to update this site, as we both have more priorities in real life. Still we don't want this site to die, so I'm personally trying to keep the reviews section updated.

About the contest, I've read an answer to Mars post, in which somone explained we didn't speak of it as we both have a storage problem and a label problem. The idea would be that the authors themselves propose their track on the web, and we simply put a link on the track. First we prefered to store ourselves the tracks on a server, to permit more people to participate, without having to find web space for their track, but now ... I think that could be the solution ... about the release of Psynews 2nd CD we indeed have no infos about Out Of Orion label ... I'm also quite pessimistic ... still some labels could cotnact each author separately by hearing its track, so I think the contest still has sense even if winner tracks aren't released on a CD ...

I have to find time to discuss of it with Mars and start new rules, but I think we have to change these contest rules to keep it alive, by asking you to send us the link of your track through the web, and, maybe, forgetting the idea to release the winners.

Bom :-)

Guest ethereal phaze

I've written contract with Out Of Orion.. whats up with that? Should they not let me know if the deal is off??! Then i could release this track on other labels that are interested!!

Well some answers to these questions :

1- I read it Llazi, you talk about the CD cover, we have no problems with that, we are used to make a cover contest when we finish a tracks contest, and the cover of the 2nd CD has alraedy been chosen by visitors. The problem is all the other things you have to do to make a CD be released.

2- About the BooM! offer I didn't contact them yet.

3- About Etheral Phaze contract & the one of other 2nd contest winners, I guess that might mean the CD will be released one day ... but ... I'm still asking myself when it will as it should have been released at the very beginning of this year ... we don't have much info from Out Of Orion about all this, that's the problem and that's what makes me pessimistic.

unless you are on dialup its quite easy to put your tracks online.. anyone with a bit of an attention span and broadband can install their own webserver. You should tell people to go to www.apache.org, install the windows release, copy their mp3s to their home dir, get their ip thru ipconfig and tada your track is online. Apache is easy to install and the default settings are fine for this, takes 2 minutes.

depending on how much connections/traffic for the contest Web - maybe I can

offer 10Mbit shaped connection (on 150 Mbit line) to host the songs.

How many downloads did the site had last contest?

depending on how much connections/traffic for the contest Web - maybe I can

offer 10Mbit shaped connection (on 150 Mbit line) to host the songs.

How many downloads did the site had last contest?

• 1 month later...
Guest soliptic

my tracks are already online, frequently on more than one server.

not a problem for me.

i'd just love to see this contest go ahead in some way.