Psy-House?

ziptnf

I am now the music requesting ninja :ph34r: I'm pretty sure that's all I ever do on this forum :P

So there are lots of types of House, but I can really dig the techy-sound pitched down to about 126ish. The problem is, most tech house isn't very interesting in my opinion. It can get absurdly repetitive, annoying, or just plain boring with no hopes of changing things up at times. Is there anything house-related with kind of a psychedelic feel?

Beware of the downtempo stuff, that's not really what I'm looking for. It should feel slightly more dancey and interesting to listen to.

Here's a good example of what I'm looking for. I don't really think this qualifies as electro-house, it feels more like techy/psy-house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70EiakIA-R0

If you like todd terry you could also check out (courtesy last.fm)

inner city, livin' joy , K-klass ,freemasons , gusto etc

btw gonna check out some of this shiz myself , lets see how good this tt guy is :D

This is not music... my ass makes better melodies in WC :lol:

I hope this is a joke. Abakus is awesome, sooo much atmosphere. It's really good!

inner city, livin' joy , K-klass ,freemasons , gusto etc

Uh... these artists are all completely late 80's disco. I think Eddie Thoneick is the guy who made that track sound so good. All last.fm's similar artists are totally electro and 10 cent house floorfillers. Here's another kinda techy trippyish house track:

http://www.trackitdown.net/genre/house/track/690847.html

It says it's filed under Electro, but I'm not sure if I really agree with that tag either.

Is there anything house-related with kind of a psychedelic feel?

That probably depends greatly on your definition. I bought this once and thought "heh, psychedelic house", but you may be thinking about something completely different.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_-VwklPCo4

Then there are piles of non-melodic stuff from psy labels as everyone wanted to be similarly innovative since the year 2000 goa crash. A lot of it is called "progressive", even though it's really just house. Who came up with this progressive nonsense? Something like Fabel vs. Antix - Patterns is totally house, but they want to call it psy/progressive trance. Go figure. Pitch it down and it's either hypnotic or boring, depending on your view.

I also think that the post-2005 "electro" house trend was among the worst ideas ever. That's when I stopped collecting the whole genre out of frustration, but that's another story.

What about this? Some stuffs are more techno/minimal though, still awesome and psychedelic!

youtube.com/watch?v=fnyeKPl1mnY

youtube.com/watch?v=0y-tNFmOqbQ

youtube.com/watch?v=3xu0yz2Qtgs

youtube.com/watch?v=l7S7xzZ0b74

youtube.com/watch?v=gI1cfv7THHk

youtube.com/watch?v=cSWbar3mtRw

youtube.com/watch?v=h0Mq_cHsIEQ

• 4 weeks later...

holy * @ the Nathan Fake track. absolutely awesome. Totally worth looking into this thread! Thanks Nectarios :)

the Todd Terry tune (from threadstarter) is already a bit too housy in my opinion ... can't suggest anything exactly similar, but when you wanna know what "psy-house"ish stuff I dig lately, then check out some tunes of the new Shiva Chandra release "Tones EP":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJNyIA9p9I

i am the last person to reply on this topic since i dont belong to this sort of style at all, personally i did not like any sort of conversion for progypsy to progressive at all (like Vibrasphere, Tegma, etc, their old albums are just incomparable)

BUT, i like when progressive house gets a slight touch of the psychedelic spices, maybe its pure coincidence...i remember listening to slater's all in beauty set and the first two tracks killed me...

check this out:

I also think that the post-2005 "electro" house trend was among the worst ideas ever. That's when I stopped collecting the whole genre out of frustration, but that's another story.

Oh my i also dropped the house scene because of the stupid direction the new music was taking, everybody wants to make the same thing and repeat it over and over, and my head just blow at each indoor party, it was a nightmare.

The same thing is happening to the uplifting Trance scene, more artists are trying their luck and you can hear some bad shit in clubs these days.

I may sound off-topic but i fear the virus of the house-syndrome disease may just infect the Psychedelic sound, if you know what i mean.

All these tracks so called Progressive-Psy, needs to be sort-out, that's all.

I've checked the Luke Chable link, and i found this as a reply:The penultimate funky prog house track. Genius

It has nothing to do with the psychedelic sound

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well, it's not really my cuppa tea as I stick to psytechno these das ... but try the artists Duca, itaitaiko, indepth, FM Radio Gods, Extrawelt :) if you're looking

for warm and/or techy midtempo psy-house-ish music.

• 2 weeks later...

Kronos EP - RedBits

RedBits are a couple buddies of mine from Stockholm, and they LITERALLY set out to make psy-house. So this has the funky vibes and tempos of house... with trippier sounds, and weird noises.

In a lot of ways, it's even more psychedelic than most NORMAL psytrance.

Then again, my brain seems to be permanently stuck in Hallucination Mode, no matter what... so psy sounds pretty normal (and awesome) in general. :P

Anyway, go check it out. It's cool stuff.

Kronos EP - RedBits

RedBits are a couple buddies of mine from Stockholm, and they LITERALLY set out to make psy-house. So this has the funky vibes and tempos of house... with trippier sounds, and weird noises.

In a lot of ways, it's even more psychedelic than most NORMAL psytrance.

Then again, my brain seems to be permanently stuck in Hallucination Mode, no matter what... so psy sounds pretty normal (and awesome) in general. :P

Anyway, go check it out. It's cool stuff.

How do I find this?

holy * @ the Nathan Fake track. absolutely awesome. Totally worth looking into this thread! Thanks Nectarios :)

the Todd Terry tune (from threadstarter) is already a bit too housy in my opinion ... can't suggest anything exactly similar, but when you wanna know what "psy-house"ish stuff I dig lately, then check out some tunes of the new Shiva Chandra release "Tones EP":

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbJNyIA9p9I

Wow, a track in this thread that's actually good, go shiva chandra (didn't like their 2007 album though)!