Shpongle recording The God Particle - Session 1

Trolsk

No doubt they're great musicians, and I think the concept behind the track is really cool - not to mention the weird, playful session it seems like they're having. And the track sounds really promising, deep and trancy.

Thanks for the link :)

Playing around like kids with big toys...love it! And always with humour, no ego...would love to be a fly in that studio. Raja even had the god particle theory converted in to chords :lol:...or is he serious

Playing around like kids with big toys...love it! And always with humour, no ego...would love to be a fly in that studio. Raja even had the god particle theory converted in to chords :lol:...or is he serious

I wouldnt be surprised if he's serious ha ha. I love that man.

It's awesome to see them all having fun making music. It's obvious they enjoy the process as much as the end product.

Wow very creative. I hope they can go to the cyclotron itself and get some sounds from the machinery.

May be difficult to get access but I bet they could if they were persistent enough.

I kind of hate to throw a negative comment in here, but that bassline (at about 3:00, 5:00 & 6:00) is a total rip off of the synth line in Pink Floyd's "On The Run".

I don't think it is negative to take inspiration from earlier paragons of intrepid. Isn't this track from Pink Floyd pretty much the first "techno" ever made? I think i've even heard Sphongle mixing in that very track itself into their sets. I don't think they are trying to hide it - but obviate it.

I don't think it is negative to take inspiration from earlier paragons of intrepid. Isn't this track from Pink Floyd pretty much the first "techno" ever made? I think i've even heard Sphongle mixing in that very track itself into their sets. I don't think they are trying to hide it - but obviate it.

Posford sometimes starts his Hallucinogen live sets with a remix of Pink Floyd's On The Run.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I liked it, it gets very messy like the Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost album

Now the real question to ask is whether their next album is going to be this way