Love Parade RIP

Lemmiwinks

people who organized it into a tunnel are criminals. they should go to jail for life. it doesn't take an idiot to understand it was going to lack air. it is incomprehensible. i am happy they ended this nonsense shit and not sad for a second. sorry but i find this video offensive and out of place. fuck love parade.

Penzoline, turn on any tv news and you will hear about it.

people who organized it into a tunnel are criminals. they should go to jail for life. it doesn't take an idiot to understand it was going to lack air. it is incomprehensible. i am happy they ended this nonsense shit and not sad for a second. sorry but i find this video offensive and out of place. fuck love parade.

duuude why all the negativity? Sure, the Love Parade has grown to be über-commercial (but then again, so has the psy scene, have you listened the latest IM album?), still the values defended by the Love Parade are the same as when it started back in 1989, and it deserves massive respect for that IMO. And the video is a tribute to the victims... how can it be offensive?

But yes, that said, that mayor was a complete idiot, aparently he insisted on organizing it in his town for the money even when he knew very well that it was impossible to accomodate all the people. He should at least resign immediately IMO.

So what's the full story of this?

well in case you don't want to bother to turn on your tv, here's a link with the story:

Death at Love Parade

Well Lemmingwinks, I really don't like this kind of videos, to me they just show disrespect to the victims and I found it offensive.

I am absolutely not against commercial events, in fact I am angry to the way the event was organized and how they didn't stop it after the incident.

A dj who was aware of the situation claimed the organizers told him to go on playing and not to stop the music.

If they stopped the event they would have had to give money back to people i assume.

Well Lemmingwinks, I really don't like this kind of videos, to me they just show disrespect to the victims and I found it offensive.

I am absolutely not against commercial events, in fact I am angry to the way the event was organized and how they didn't stop it after the incident.

A dj who was aware of the situation claimed the organizers told him to go on playing and not to stop the music.

If they stopped the event they would have had to give money back to people i assume.

ah ok, I understand you now :) But for the video... well, how can we make a non-offensive tribute then?

The Love Parade was already dead, since Dr. Motte was no more the organisator and it moved from Berlin.

The new organisators has only the € symbols in the eyes and has no ideas/creativity how to make a event.

I think I read somewhere that they wanted the music to continue for a 4 hours because if they stopped it immediately and all people found out what

was going on it would create even bigger panic and chaos possibly resulting in more deaths and injuries.

This way the ambulances and response crews were dealing with it for a few hours until the music finally stopped and things

cleared at least a little bit.

I think I read somewhere that they wanted the music to continue for a 4 hours because if they stopped it immediately and all people found out what

was going on it would create even bigger panic and chaos possibly resulting in more deaths and injuries.

This way the ambulances and response crews were dealing with it for a few hours until the music finally stopped and things

cleared at least a little bit.

Yes, definetely. Stopping the music and communicating the happenings would have resulted in even bigger mass hysteria, that's what I believe at least.

What happened there is very, very sad indeed. This has worried me deeply, I couldn't get hardly any sleep on Sunday night. I'm so sorry for everyone who has lost someone there and for the injured.

After all the discussions so far I think the tragedy is the result of a careless event organizer and greedy municipality. The fact that Duisburg is this year's European Capital of Culture actually explains a lot why the city clinged to this event. And that guy owning the Love Parade as a division of his own fitness center chain...well, no need to say anything else.

On a sidenote I, too, find this video a bit disrespectful. If I ever die or loose someone under such circumstances, I wouldn't want anyone to make a video with pictures of the event accompanied by uber-sentimental pop music.