Eat Static Live Set?

PRS

Idk I love Eat Static. I definitely don't think its effectless. It is very detailed and I admire the production value that goes into their music. Look up Trantaloid, thats one of my favorite songs of theirs. There are so many weird sounds in that, so much attention to detail, all amidst a groovy bassline. I wish I had half the talent they have.

Eat Static is over-rated. i think because of they're name (people over-rate them). They're music is effectless. I threw their album in the trash after hearing it.

dear nemaltron,

heh heh sorry to say but Eat Static is not over-rated at all...namaste.

Do not have a Live set of them but I found this track just the other day:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeCYV4yutck

2009 at the aurora festival in greece he played a kick ass live set! One of the things i will never forget! :)

But i don't have a live set of him on my pc. I would like some to :)

Actually, he played two brilliant livesets.

That was about the fifth time I saw him (also together with Joie) do an upbeat liveset but the first time I saw a downtempo one. Fuck. I get goosebumps talking about it. Fucking brilliant. :D

One here, from back when Joie played as well (they were better then, but are stil immense now!)

Tis the 6th from top. Rather poor quality though, but it's a very long and rather epic set which more than makes up for it!!

bah, link is down :(

Here you go :)

Can any eat static fans out there identify the first tune? Absolutely epic!!

the mix you posted is only 9:57 long, is that correct?

and isn't the first track by Juno Reactor? Conquistador I

the second track also doesn't sound like Eat Static... i suspect its your own mix yohankiwi :P

the mix you posted is only 9:57 long, is that correct?

and isn't the first track by Juno Reactor? Conquistador I

the second track also doesn't sound like Eat Static... i suspect its your own mix yohankiwi :P

damn, must not have uploaded properly. the actual set is around 2 hours long.

And no, it's not my mix I got it from the website above: a set they played in Brighton in 2004 :P

I'll try again

it sounds less live than when I saw them live couple years ago. thoughts on what exactly he is doing live? maybe he did not have his whole huge setup available in this one?

I also like the half hour before eat static, sounds like 2004 full on, little more subtle bass than nowadays.

I've some tracks of Eat Static. It's a band I actually like to dig into a litlle deeper. I actually want to buy an Eat Static full length album. Any suggestions? a must have?

Their first full-length Abduction is most definitely a must-have. Classics as Abduction and Gulf Breeze still give me goosebumps. Implant (their second one) is also excellent, but to be honest, I'm a big fan and would say they haven't put out anything that's bad.

Try Science of the Gods for some more broken beat oriented psychedelic techno, Crash and Burn! for even more breaksy weirdness and In the Nude for yet more fun, breaks, jazzy, exotica mixed psychedelic stuff.

De-Classified is a return to more oldschool psychedelic techno and Back to Earth is highly varied chillout a la Eat Static.

I can recommend them all. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Their first full-length Abduction is most definitely a must-have. Classics as Abduction and Gulf Breeze still give me goosebumps. Implant (their second one) is also excellent, but to be honest, I'm a big fan and would say they haven't put out anything that's bad.

Try Science of the Gods for some more broken beat oriented psychedelic techno, Crash and Burn! for even more breaksy weirdness and In the Nude for yet more fun, breaks, jazzy, exotica mixed psychedelic stuff.

De-Classified is a return to more oldschool psychedelic techno and Back to Earth is highly varied chillout a la Eat Static.

I can recommend them all. :D

Thanx Snapino for the info!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

can someone please identify the first track Eat Static plays in this set?

the one with the female vocal snippet looped for the hi-hat part at the beginning, and the samples about being half-alien half-human?

tune is amazing!

@yohankiwi your link still doesn't work :( can you try again? probably just the link to the sendspace file that is wrong..

really funny that this topic is here I was looking for a live set of eat static myself just now after I saw him live at boom. He was amazing !Now I am trying to figure out what music he played ... I am downloading allot of stuff from him but I can't seem to find the right stuff ... It was more dancing oriented then the his/theire released stuff it seems... Can anybody tell me which songs he played there?

They have released this album, I got it. It's not great and I rarly listen to it, but it's a nice item to have and to pull out every other year for a listen. I also saw Eat Static live in Oslo, Norway some years back. It wasn't amazing, I'll tell you that (Venue and all was pretty poor which made the whole 'Eat Static Live' experience into something empty.. sadly. But hey, at least I saw E.S. LiVE! ^_^

:D this track is amazing!!

Eat Static is over-rated. i think because of they're name (people over-rate them). They're music is effectless. I threw their album in the trash after hearing it.

Yes and you have IM - CotF as U'r avatar, so .. :ph34r::D